PDA

View Full Version : silver CLOSING ON $17.00 AS THE US DOLLAR CREEPS LOWER

LETMYSILVERGO
11th September 2009, 01:09
as i go to sleep ,SILVER IS $16.91--- WHAT WILL THE ELVES DO OVER NIGHT??

DaBrownsRPhat
11th September 2009, 07:06
as i go to sleep ,SILVER IS $16.91--- WHAT WILL THE ELVES DO OVER NIGHT??

You'll wake up and it'll be Christmas!?!?!

Katwoman
11th September 2009, 08:11
Maybe this is why its so hard for Americans to grasp what is happening to their money?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAUrToY33tI

ccjoe
11th September 2009, 08:23
Maybe this is why its so hard for Americans to grasp what is happening to their money?

That Kitty and the inability to grasp the supply/demand--finite resource concept. 3 Billion NEW consumers of the finite resource. I guess that's way too esoteric:)

DaBrownsRPhat
11th September 2009, 09:05

HEY! Don't say ALL, just most, or the great majority.
I am in the minority. ;)

DaleFromCalgary
11th September 2009, 09:32
"Maybe this is why its so hard for Americans to grasp what is happening to their money?"

I suggest one reason is poor education in basic economics in high school (or for that matter, university students majoring in non-business subjects). The subject simply isn't taught by schools, and the young adults of today are the ones whose parents maxed out their debt so they didn't learn it at home. The lumpenproletariat are too distracted by reality shows on television to wonder about their own reality, and are more concerned with buying the latest iPhone or other doodad.

One can occasionally mention the subject at family gatherings, but most of us know how that goes. Rather than be labeled as an eccentric uncle or dotty grannie, it is better just to keep on buying bullion quietly.

ccjoe
11th September 2009, 09:48
"Maybe this is why its so hard for Americans to grasp what is happening to their money?"

I suggest one reason is poor education in basic economics in high school (or for that matter, university students majoring in non-business subjects). The subject simply isn't taught by schools, and the young adults of today are the ones whose parents maxed out their debt so they didn't learn it at home. The lumpenproletariat are too distracted by reality shows on television to wonder about their own reality, and are more concerned with buying the latest iPhone or other doodad.

One can occasionally mention the subject at family gatherings, but most of us know how that goes. Rather than be labeled as an eccentric uncle or dotty grannie, it is better just to keep on buying bullion quietly.

Dale-It's amazing how family members and even close friends really don't want to hear it.

maplesilverbug
11th September 2009, 09:51
That Kitty and the inability to grasp the supply/demand--finite resource concept. 3 Billion NEW consumers of the finite resource. I guess that's way too esoteric:)

What about FRESH WATER?
Definitely a finite resource and EVERYONE ON THE PLANET NEEDS IT!

Can't get more "Supply and Demand" than that!

Maybe it's not esoteric enough.

Or maybe the average McMerican just doesn't care about either water or silver. They are just trying to keep their job and put food on the table. And pay off their credit cards. And save up for the new big screen teevee.

geoman076
11th September 2009, 10:56
Dale-It's amazing how family members and even close friends really don't want to hear it.

I agree Joe. When I first started following and researching this 6 weeks ago, I tried talking to people at work about it. After being poked fun at, and viewed as a raving lunatic, I've stopped trying to engage people.

All we can do is watch PM's go up, the dollar go down, and pray.

cowboycarl04
11th September 2009, 10:59
www.kitcosilver.com

Year to year % change in silver price is +60%

just nice to see... I've only been in silver around 14 months, but I bought about 2/3 of my stack when silver spot was around $9 and people were delivering around $12-$14, depending on brand/size/etc.

Not sure if anyone was similar to my boat, but it makes for a nice day to see that.

Gen Ripper
11th September 2009, 14:42
no typical Friday dump, maybe the short week helped silver a bit..