PDA

View Full Version : With Silver almost at $17.00, Where's Duneyman now?

akak
8th September 2009, 04:18
Maybe still trying to figure out how we can be in the middle of "deflation" while prices of almost every non-bubble asset, good and service is rising?

main1event
8th September 2009, 06:35
Maybe still trying to figure out how we can be in the middle of "deflation" while prices of almost every non-bubble asset, good and service is rising?

He's waiting for his hero Jon Nadler to come up with something. In the meantime deflation is hard at work on the dollar as it moves down.

SilverHawk
8th September 2009, 11:37
As I pointed out months ago, It's not inflation or deflation. It's the VALUE of the dollar. And you can see this going on right now.

ryshay
8th September 2009, 12:04
Jon Nadless condemns the gold action as "emotional":

I hate to link to his stuff and add to his view counts, but I just can't believe how one-sided he is!

http://www.kitco.com/ind/nadler/sep082009.html

Motion & Emotion

...Dollar collapse? Nah. Dollar resurrection...

We will likely come to define today as "emotional". As has been typical with each previous approach of the $1K level, emotions are running as high as they can, in various gold-related camps. Wild declarations shall be made during the course of the day -once gain- and the media will likely not need to call various pundits for a smart quote; they will offer them up, pre-emptively...

The "guns-and-gold" crowd is once again declaring TEOTWAWKI and is urging fellow unprepared militants to buy the metal even at this price, while others see nothing but the set-up for a huge disappointment in this spike due to what they allege is a vast conspiracy to sucker in the little people with empty vessels such as the GLD ETF which is -in their minds-bereft of any real gold. Like we said, emotions flare up at such moments in time. Just remember that we were also supposed to have returned to work today, only to find a banking system that had been shut down for an 'indefinite' holiday by US authorities. Seems like a lot of US embassies will get stuck with wads of foreign cash now...

Burticus
8th September 2009, 12:54
Trolls hide under bridges. Squirrels climb trees. Ostriches stick their heads in the sand and pretend the coast is clear.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
8th September 2009, 19:42

It's quiet without the Duneyman. I miss your arguments. You'd have his underwear up to his shoulders by now.

DaBrownsRPhat
8th September 2009, 20:36
It's quiet without the Duneyman. I miss your arguments. You'd have his underwear up to his shoulders by now.

I am new here, but have seen that name a few times.

I feel like I was late to the party.

EDIT: Oooooops, I didn't mean that thumbs down thing in the title.

akak
8th September 2009, 21:46
I am new here, but have seen that name a few times.

I feel like I was late to the party.

EDIT: Oooooops, I didn't mean that thumbs down thing in the title.

No problem, DBRP!

But count yourself lucky to have missed the D-man ---- that was one party that you would NOT have wanted to attend!

SeekrBrnEvryMin
8th September 2009, 21:51
No problem, DBRP!

But count yourself lucky to have missed the D-man ---- that was one party that you would NOT have wanted to attend!

I don't know -- you were the life of the party when you were cross-eyed pissed off at him.

Like trying to get your arms around a greased pig.

He's watching, you know. But don't let me spin you up.

akak
8th September 2009, 21:54
I don't know -- you were the life of the party when you were cross-eyed pissed off at him.

Like trying to get your arms around a greased pig.

He's watching, you know. But don't let me spin you up.

What can I say --- I'm just a stubborn and hot-blooded Polack who doesn't know how to let go.

:p

SeekrBrnEvryMin
8th September 2009, 22:05
What can I say --- I'm just a stubborn and hot-blooded Polack who doesn't know how to let go.

:p

Well, this is a good opportunity to ask for your opinion in silver recently. What's driving silver higher? Not to put you on the spot in front of a bunch of curious folks, of course.

I think profit-taking is going to hit fast and time to buy once more, so I'm keeping the powder dry and reloading. Might wait for silver to drop with the DJIA like Oct last year. However -- not sure it will this time around.

Thoughts?

sharehard
8th September 2009, 23:24
I am so glad that idiot is not here - I avoid this site when he is here. I pop in from time to time and if he is here I am gone... With silver's inevitable move upwards Dunyman the moron will be elsewhere sucking his thumb.

akak
9th September 2009, 01:13
Well, this is a good opportunity to ask for your opinion in silver recently. What's driving silver higher? Not to put you on the spot in front of a bunch of curious folks, of course.

I think profit-taking is going to hit fast and time to buy once more, so I'm keeping the powder dry and reloading. Might wait for silver to drop with the DJIA like Oct last year. However -- not sure it will this time around.

Thoughts?

Well, I would never claim to have the insight or TA expertise of some other members here on this forum. My gut feeling, though, is that there WILL be another "crash" within the next few months, but it will NOT result in gold and silver plummeting, but just the opposite --- because this time it will come from the bond market and/or the currency (dollar) market. If I had to put money down on a guess (and isn't that effectively what we have all done with silver?), I would guess that the most likely big event we are going to see soon is a dollar collapse a la what happened to the Argentinian peso in 2001 --- a sudden, unexpected (by most) and rapid devaluation of the dollar, on the order of 75 to 90%. This will almost certainly coincide with a similar but less severe fall in all other world fiat currencies, but the dollar will be hit the hardest.