maplesilverbug
7th September 2009, 11:13
$us 17.50.

Steadfast
7th September 2009, 12:33
I'm guesstimating$33.50

silverheartbone
7th September 2009, 12:52
Oh oh! Are we seeing some The Price Is Right action here?
j/k

Next week I will produce a graph from the data.

ccjoe
7th September 2009, 13:51
I'm guesstimating$33.50

As I just said to Maple in the other thread "God told me" silver will be 100 in 2011.
Stead> Did God tell you too that it will be 33.50 this year?

PSUDave
7th September 2009, 14:02
$18.22 :eek:

Gen Ripper
7th September 2009, 14:04
$ 17.35 Usd

Lone Soldier
7th September 2009, 14:14

I read somewere today that when silver spiked in the early 1980-"s it was near 50 bucks an oz. If you add inflation and other factors,That a spike like that today -silver will have to be close to 388.00 in todays dollars.

Id like to say how long do you think it will take silver to reach 388.00 dollars?

Relayer
7th September 2009, 14:56
$26.01 on Dec 29 at 1:02AM.

Steadfast
7th September 2009, 15:13
As I just said to Maple in the other thread "God told me" silver will be 100 in 2011.
Stead> Did God tell you too that it will be 33.50 this year?

Nope, That was all me....

Trust me, I have zero problems hearing from, or publically proclaiming it, when He does tell me something for others to hear. :D

ccjoe
7th September 2009, 16:21

I read somewere today that when silver spiked in the early 1980-"s it was near 50 bucks an oz. If you add inflation and other factors,That a spike like that today -silver will have to be close to 388.00 in todays dollars.

Id like to say how long do you think it will take silver to reach 388.00 dollars?

2012 or 2013 at the latest.

PlataTruth
7th September 2009, 16:58
My two silver cents are it will hit 20 mid October then drop back down to 15-16 for rest of year.

maplesilverbug
7th September 2009, 17:01
Finally!

A PRICE AND a TIME!

Silver = $388/oz by 2013.

And if this truly be god's word...why squabble and fret over petty daily movements in price? Buy all you can immediately! Hell, buy all you can at $200/oz!

Only a short three years, and +2250%, to go!

Hope we are all still around then to discuss the outcome.

akak
7th September 2009, 17:08
$7.65

That's taking into account "deflation", and the rise in value of the US dollar.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DaleFromCalgary
7th September 2009, 17:08
Why worry about the price? Buy and hold as part of your old-age pension plan. If you really must trade, then do it as silver-for-gold or vice versa depending on the ratio, and never worry about the fiat currency price.

maplesilverbug
7th September 2009, 17:12
Why worry about the price? Buy and hold as part of your old-age pension plan. If you really must trade, then do it as silver-for-gold or vice versa depending on the ratio, and never worry about the fiat currency price.

Dale...your level head is getting in the way of the view of the moon.
Please sit down.

akak
7th September 2009, 17:19

I fundamentally agree, Dale. While I would say that the (dollar, euro, etc.) price of gold or silver is not utterly meaningless, many people, even in this forum, still seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between price and value. As I have said a number of times, I could not care less if the price of silver goes to $500 an ounce, if at the same time the price of a loaf of bread is $100. Or, to put it another way, the (fiat) price IS meaningless without taking into account the purchase value of that price, or concurrent events in the broader economy --- again, a silver price of even $2000 an ounce might not be anything to celebrate if it comes while in the middle of a hyperinflation and collapse of the dollar.

akak
7th September 2009, 17:21

I fundamentally agree, Dale. While I would say the the (dollar, euro, etc.) price of gold or silver is not utterly meaningless, many people, even in this forum, still seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between price and value. As I have said a number of times, I could not care less if the price of silver goes to $500 an ounce, if at the same time the price of a loaf of bread is $100. Or, to put it another way, the (fiat) price IS meaningless without taking into account the purchasing value of that price, or without taking into account concurrent events in the broader economy --- again, a silver price of even $2000 an ounce might not be anything to celebrate if it comes while in the middle of a hyperinflation and collapse of the dollar.

silverheartbone
7th September 2009, 17:26
$7.65

That's taking into account "deflation", and the rise in value of the US dollar.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

akak, that is an invalid guess for the 2009 peak.

of one mine
7th September 2009, 18:26
I would have thought the spike from china would have driven it up to 20 already. I do hear they do want to buy it cheaper so maybe they will wait it out a bit. I know if I was buying I would especially since its new to them. Yes I do know it will go up soon but Im just speculating. I would say watch next week and that should give an indication of where and how fast it will move.

Hey Steadfast I read your post Yeah we follow the same narrow path.
psalm 46.10:cool:

akak
7th September 2009, 19:00
akak, that is an invalid guess for the 2009 peak.

SHB, I was just trying to make a joke at the expense of the idiotic deflationists, who actually still believe that we are currently suffering from, and in danger of further, deflation. Yeah, right, "Deflation" under a fiat currency regime! They might as well try selling me some oceanfront property in Arizona while they're at it.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
7th September 2009, 19:52
[QUOTE=of one mine;69431]I would have thought the spike from china would have driven it up to 20 already. I do hear they do want to buy it cheaper so maybe they will wait it out a bit.[QUOTE]

China is a major producer of gold. I'd imagine they'd meet most of their demand for silver internally via gold mining.

But what do I know. I can't understand a word they say on their silver forums.

ccjoe
7th September 2009, 21:02
[QUOTE=of one mine;69431]I would have thought the spike from china would have driven it up to 20 already. I do hear they do want to buy it cheaper so maybe they will wait it out a bit.[QUOTE]

China is a major producer of gold. I'd imagine they'd meet most of their demand for silver internally via gold mining.

But what do I know. I can't understand a word they say on their silver forums.

After buying everything at the Wrentham Outdoor Mall this weekend, the Chinese and Indian flew home and starting buying silver as we anticipated:) Market is up .20 cents out of the box in Asia.

of one mine
7th September 2009, 21:22
It will be interesting to see what will happen this week. Even if china buys more will it still be pressued down by the shorts? All I know is Im gonna watch to see what happens. Also does anyone know anything new on china? Just keep stackin

Of one mine

silverheartbone
7th September 2009, 23:21
So far, $16.52.

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/ag0365nyb.gif

JesterJay
7th September 2009, 23:27
Just refreshed the chart.
$16.42.
Going down, everybody sell!!!
Wait, someone check ebay...
Spot is NOT!!!
JesterJay

So far, $16.52.

http://www.kitco.com/LFgif/ag0365nyb.gif

Munster_PM
8th September 2009, 03:47
$28 peak this year

Gene Daniels
8th September 2009, 17:22
If you use the estimate of $1350 gold by year's end (several analysts are pointing at this as a target), and a ratio of 50/1, then we would be looking at $27 silver. That's my guess.

Furthermore, I hope that is about right because I don't want the gold/silver ratio to go down too fast. I want it to hang in around 45-50 while gold is moving through the teens, then explode downward when gold goes above $2000. That would be a nice recipe for $200 silver in 2011.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
8th September 2009, 17:29
[QUOTE=SeekrBrnEvryMin;69434][QUOTE=of one mine;69431]I would have thought the spike from china would have driven it up to 20 already. I do hear they do want to buy it cheaper so maybe they will wait it out a bit.

After buying everything at the Wrentham Outdoor Mall this weekend, the Chinese and Indian flew home and starting buying silver as we anticipated:) Market is up .20 cents out of the box in Asia.

I imagine there's a bit of profit-taking going now, too...

DaBrownsRPhat
8th September 2009, 19:11
$21/oz Jan/Feb

maplesilverbug
8th September 2009, 19:18
I imagine there's a bit of profit-taking going now, too...

Who me?! ;)

goldsilber
9th September 2009, 09:13
Between 20 and 30 $ without news from the cftc or the physical market.

Between 30 and 50 if the cftc investigation result positive or if the cftc set position limits on the short side of the silver market.

Between 50 and 70 if clear signs of a shortage show up.