PDA

View Full Version : One Last Buy??

silversurfer1
4th September 2009, 07:54
Market Watch is saying gold is backing off the magical $1000 hurdle. It may this one last time. But as we all know the perfect storm is gaining strong momentum way out there. Anyone that can't see those dark clouds is blind. I am praying it does back off $1000 and hopefully Silver will take a temporary dip back down to $14.50??? I believe that a dip will come here soon and that will be our last chance before it's real breakout. Dollar index ain't looking good folks.

Cup-of-Ruin
4th September 2009, 08:24
Just a wee little dip me hearties!!!

Gen Ripper
4th September 2009, 16:06
Yeah if silver spends 2-3 days sitting back around 14.xx I would consider a bit more. Maybe some numis with low/no premium....

ccjoe
4th September 2009, 18:24
You guys are dreaming. The train has left the station.

valerb
5th September 2009, 00:56
Yeah if silver spends 2-3 days sitting back around 14.xx I would consider a bit more. Maybe some numis with low/no premium....

I don't understand this "dip" logic. Last Thursday you could buy all the Silver you wanted for $14.27 an ounce. Now that it's over $16, you want it to dip back to the $14's so you can scarf up some more Silver!!! Why didn't you just load up when it was in the $13's?

silversurfer1
5th September 2009, 09:34
CCJOE you may be right - the train may indeed have left this time. It may go sideways in the $15-$16 range for awhile but it should detach from Gold very soon - I would say by the end of the year at the latest.

Valerb it's hard for people to load up all at one time. I have to wait for paychecks to accumulate and then pay cash for 100 oz. bars when I feel price is right. Wish I could just buy a few 1000 oz. bars right now but cannot. Am looking to accumulate several 100 oz. bars though but just waiting for another dip into $14 IF that does happen again. Now you said that could have been done last Thursday??? How long did that last? 5 minutes?

valerb
5th September 2009, 12:44
CCJOE you may be right - the train may indeed have left this time. It may go sideways in the $15-$16 range for awhile but it should detach from Gold very soon - I would say by the end of the year at the latest.

Valerb it's hard for people to load up all at one time. I have to wait for paychecks to accumulate and then pay cash for 100 oz. bars when I feel price is right. Wish I could just buy a few 1000 oz. bars right now but cannot. Am looking to accumulate several 100 oz. bars though but just waiting for another dip into $14 IF that does happen again. Now you said that could have been done last Thursday??? How long did that last? 5 minutes?

I understand what your saying. There are a lot of investors that have the cash and have this buy on the dip mentality. Since we "never" know what it is going to do, waiting for a dip can be very costly. I was referring to Thursday August 27Th, where the low was $14.04 and it ended the day at $14.27 and the high was $14.31

I have a different approach, mine is to buy on a market crash, if it every happens again. I'm looking at a target of $6 - $7 Silver caused by margin players being forced out of Silver because of a major crash in the stock market. I'd prefer it to never happen, but if it does, I have the cash to jump in heavy. I bought all the Silver I care to invest in years ago and am happy with my stash. However with $6 - $7 Silver, I'd have to get greedy, just one more time!!

miser109
5th September 2009, 14:28
Soon folks will be wishing its was back under $20 so they could pick up more. I've believed for a long time that everything under $20 right now is a gift. Get it while you can.

silverheartbone
5th September 2009, 15:47
You guys are dreaming. The train has left the station.
Are you sure?

Because the (silver chart) gap had been filled,
back in mid June I predicted consolidation around fourteen until the end of summer (which quickly approaches),
then the consolidation phase would end with a jump to the high teens.

As the spot price is not yet in the high teens,
methinks that the consolidation phase may still run a few more weeks,
and a drop of a buck or two is not unimaginable, is it?
However it the price does break $18 before $14.99,
then indeed the train left.

I bought some bars last December 8th :D, and I was CONFIDENT at the time that I was buying at under half next December's price.

Since then as I can I have gotten some 90% rolls but now that it is above $15, my accumulation of bullion and coins must cease. However silver jewelery acquisition might still be a wise move.

silverheartbone
5th September 2009, 15:57
I have a different approach, mine is to buy on a market crash, if it every happens again. I'm looking at a target of $6 - $7 Silver caused by margin players being forced out of Silver because of a major crash in the stock market. I'd prefer it to never happen, but if it does, I have the cash to jump in heavy. I bought all the Silver I care to invest in years ago and am happy with my stash. However with $6 - $7 Silver, I'd have to get greedy, just one more time!!
If the paper price went to $7, I doubt if you'd be able to pick up any physical for less than $10 without a paper trail (as is my custom).
Last winter when the spot was $9, it was hard for me to find physical silver in the many LCS in my area at anything close to the spot price.
When it was offered for sale, it was at a 20-30% premium.

maplesilverbug
5th September 2009, 16:12
I don't understand this "dip" logic. Why didn't you just load up when it was in the $13's?

Because people who "invest" in silver are looking to eke out as much profit as they can. They are treating silver as they would treat common stock -- buy low, sell high. That is why most people fret over the minute-to-minute micro-swings in price. They are still thinking in terms of DOLLARS. This is why they wait for the dip that may never come.

I prefer a longer view. I know mathematically, from research and facts, that silver will rise over the long term -- ALWAYS out-performing the dollar. Thus, I buy, regardless of dips. I know when I swap $14/$16/$20 in cash for silver today, 10/20/30 years in the future I will still hold $14/$16/$20 in silver instead of $5/$6/$8 in cash dollars.

Dips don't mean sh!t, unless you are a dipsh!t. ;)

JesterJay
5th September 2009, 18:52
For those of us with limited amounts of money... er, excuse me, FRNs to spend on silver, a dip is the price silver can be bought at when we have the money to buy.
As said before, anything under 20 bux an ozzie is a gift.
It will be gone soon. Opportunity, that is, to buy silver at ridiculously low (current) prices.
Why? Because...
Spot is NOT!
JesterJay

Because people who "invest" in silver are looking to eke out as much profit as they can. They are treating silver as they would treat common stock -- buy low, sell high. That is why most people fret over the minute-to-minute micro-swings in price. They are still thinking in terms of DOLLARS. This is why they wait for the dip that may never come.

I prefer a longer view. I know mathematically, from research and facts, that silver will rise over the long term -- ALWAYS out-performing the dollar. Thus, I buy, regardless of dips. I know when I swap $14/$16/$20 in cash for silver today, 10/20/30 years in the future I will still hold $14/$16/$20 in silver instead of $5/$6/$8 in cash dollars.

Dips don't mean sh!t, unless you are a dipsh!t. ;)

SeekrBrnEvryMin
5th September 2009, 20:27
I'm with ya. A "dip" is when I have money to shop for silver.

valerb
6th September 2009, 00:55
If the paper price went to $7, I doubt if you'd be able to pick up any physical for less than $10 without a paper trail (as is my custom).
Last winter when the spot was $9, it was hard for me to find physical silver in the many LCS in my area at anything close to the spot price.
When it was offered for sale, it was at a 20-30% premium.

Your right about the paper trail, but you can always buy Silver in quantity at NWTM when no one else has any to sell and their premiums were way under everyone else's.

Wait until the mythical $100 Silver hits and everyone tries selling their Silver under the table to avoid capital gains taxes. I have a sneaky suspicion that there are going to be some federal employees out there looking for black market specials and providing free tickets to the federal pen. While making headline news about these arrests to put a damper on the black market. Not only will they provide you with free room and board, but they also throw in the added attraction of having your sexual orientation changed overnight.

I also don't believe you'll be able to get anywhere near as much for your silver on the black market, as any smart buyer knows your trying to beat the tax man.

As easy as it is to make Silver clad coins and $100 Silver, I'd be scared to death to buy Silver from anyone other than a mint or one of the large online dealers. Paper trail or not, I only want pure silver.

I also believe your LCS will be under tremendous pressure from the feds, so don't count on selling it back to them for cash.

silverheartbone
6th September 2009, 02:16
I also don't believe you'll be able to get anywhere near as much for your silver on the black market, as any smart buyer knows your trying to beat the tax man.

As easy as it is to make Silver clad coins and $100 Silver, I'd be scared to death to buy Silver from anyone other than a mint or one of the large online dealers. Paper trail or not, I only want pure silver.

I also believe your LCS will be under tremendous pressure from the feds, so don't count on selling it back to them for cash.

1) I really think that the Federal apparatus is about to implode. The only way it can survive is to feed off and victimize the citizenry, and if the states will allow that I'd be surprised. So I doubt if small silver transactions will be seen as a tax dodge.

2) At $100 silver, I won't be a buyer. People won't have a problem with buying my 90% US coins, ASEs, or US commemoratives. If I needed to sell, I'd flip the bullion bars and rounds to friends, associates, or dealers.

3) I wasn't planning on selling silver for cash, but what are you thinking?
If a LCS can not buy and sell coins, it might as well go out of business. As far as I can see, they can't track a few ounces size transaction effectively without a police state, so they won't be trying that.

Relayer
6th September 2009, 02:40
I agree with your price targets. I was just about to post the same. A correction now to $15 or sideways movement sets up $18+. But I can also see this run going to $18+ before any sizeable correction. Yes, in either case the train has left the station.

silversurfer1
6th September 2009, 08:00
I understand what your saying. There are a lot of investors that have the cash and have this buy on the dip mentality. Since we "never" know what it is going to do, waiting for a dip can be very costly. I was referring to Thursday August 27Th, where the low was $14.04 and it ended the day at $14.27 and the high was $14.31

Valerb we'll see what happens - one way or the other I'll be making another 3-5 100oz. bar buy here. I think next year $20 will be the low easily.

main1event
6th September 2009, 09:31
I have a feeling when Silver hits $100 an ounce you might not want to turn them into FRNs. I may take a plane trip with some of my silver to china and turn them into yuan or I may move from this country entirely.

geoman076
6th September 2009, 09:42
So you won't buy at $16, but you'll buy if it goes up to $18, and then dips to $16?

Chris Martenson says he will sell his gold when one ounce of gold can buy an acre of land. If the SHTF, isn't being able to produce food, and land going to be of utmost importance?

Here's a link to Chris Martenson's crash course in case you haven't seen it. It very clearly spells out why this will happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnXZzx9pAmQ&feature=PlayList&p=7E8A774DA8435EEB&index=0&playnext=1

maplesilverbug
6th September 2009, 09:58
Chris Martenson says he will sell his gold when one ounce of gold can buy an acre of land.

That's a really nice idea, but it will never happen.
Why? You answered it youself:

If the SHTF, isn't being able to produce food, and land going to be of utmost importance?

Won't the price of land increase as well? I think so. PMs won't be the only rising commodity. And if food becomes more important than gold, you'll never be able to buy an acre with and ounce.

geoman076
6th September 2009, 10:13
From what I've read, the price of real estate will lower, actually plummet. People will need food, not land that needs a lot of work to generate food. Lots more foreclosures coming also, residential and commercial.

In Germany during their hyperinflation, they were spending a large portion of their income on food, and very little on housing.

If an acre of land now costs 10 -20 ounces of gold, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to get to the 1 oz per acre ratio.

maplesilverbug
6th September 2009, 12:13
From what I've read, the price of real estate will lower, actually plummet. People will need food, not land that needs a lot of work to generate food. Lots more foreclosures coming also, residential and commercial.

Exactly. Residential and commercial real estate will be plummeting, perhaps not rural real estate.

If an acre of land now costs 10 -20 ounces of gold, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to get to the 1 oz per acre ratio.

You also have to take into account WHO owns the farmland. Is it private citizens or megalocorporations?

"The 2007 Census shows that 62 percent of farmland in the U.S is owned by
the operator. Areas with more cropland, such as the Midwest, tend to have a greater percentage of rented land."

(Read: corporations can be both 'operators' and 'landlords')

"In 2007, farms in this sales class (agricultural production with more than $1 million in sales) produced 59 percent of U.S. agricultural production

"In 2007, the number of farms that produced that same share (75 percent of the value of U.S. agricultural production) declined to 125,000."

"Large family farms (sales between $250,000 and $500,000) and very
large family farms (sales over $500,000) made up only 9 percent
of all farms. Yet they produced more than 63 percent of the value of all
agricultural products sold."

In the 1987 report, corporations owned 4% of farmland.

(Read: 75% of your food is owned by big business or corporations)

"The steepest cost increases were for gasoline and fuel, up 93 percent, and fertilizer, up 86 percent."

(Read: say hello to Dow, Monsanto, and Exxon!)

You can try to buy farm land, but I'm thinking the corps. will pretty much buy it up first before you arrive with your shiny little gold coin.

And, as well, who says the farmer will sell his land in the first place?! If all he needs to live is food and water...and that's all he has is food and water...why is he going to give that up?

Gotta think about stuff like that. ;)

geoman076
6th September 2009, 13:27
Yep, I'm thinkin!

Thanks for the insight. Quite a wealth of knowledge here.

I'm not really comtemplating becoming a farmer, but if I could get a house with 4 or 5 acres, instead of the 1/4 acre that I have now, it would help with becoming more self sufficient, which would be the major goal.

If silver does go through the roof, how to take advantage of your prosperity will be an important topic of discussion. I just thought that thinking in terms of land, and not FRNs, was interesting.

DaleFromCalgary
6th September 2009, 16:06
Re: farmland owned by corporations. I'd like to see a breakdown on this because almost every family farm incorporates itself for tax breaks. I'm a farm boy myself, and I knew plenty of ranchers who had a million dollars in assets but drove a rustbucket pickup.

The main reason for the decline in family farms, and the reason why I became a city slicker myself, is that it is too much hard work for the returns, not because of a conspiracy by evil megacorporations such as Tyson and Cargill. Fresh air and green acres are all very well on a sunny spring day, but I had my fill of trying to check the herd in a blizzard or watching my father trying to decide whether to stiff the feed dealer or the tractor mechanic because he only had enough money to pay one.

Gen Ripper
6th September 2009, 17:13
I disagree that a high % of rented land automatically means that a corporation owns it. That is an assumption and a rather huge leap. A lot of numbers are posted but they dont show that to be true.

I am in the midwest and have been researching rural land. Any acreage with any arable land is usually rented to local farmers. Unless you own the land outright, there is not really any serious money to be made by renting. The reason the farmer doesnt want to own the land is, because they are in the ag business and not the real estate business. When food prices go south and there is barely a reason to plant anything, they dont want to be sitting on 200 acres of dirt. Farmers want to be able to expand or contract with the market, and one way they can do this is by renting.

maplesilverbug
6th September 2009, 18:23
It's also a bit weird to think that if food and silver (and other commodity) prices skyrocket, that the price of things needed to produce said items wouldn't skyrocket along side -- ie. farmland and silver mining companies.

It just seems all bit too rosey and simple to think silver/gold will be the save-all and that you could drive out to the country-side and offer Farmer Joe a few coins for his land and that's that.

Personally I don't see it happening for a lot of reasons.

ccjoe
6th September 2009, 18:36
It's also a bit weird to think that if food and silver (and other commodity) prices skyrocket, that the price of things needed to produce said items wouldn't skyrocket along side -- ie. farmland and silver mining companies.

It just seems all bit too rosey and simple to think silver/gold will be the save-all and that you could drive out to the country-side and offer Farmer Joe a few coins for his land and that's that.

Personally I don't see it happening for a lot of reasons.

Personally I don't see why you continue to disagree with all things silver with NO proof. This is exactly Duney's tactic.
I'm now catching on (thin skinned) that you just will argue with everyone who thougtfully believes in silver.
Look in the mirror Maple and stop the negativity. People on this site especially want help and positive vibes not naysayers "for a lot of reasons"
What would those reasons be you hate PM's so much? Why be on this site?
Troll behavior if you ask me:(

ryshay
6th September 2009, 22:31
Personally I don't see why you continue to disagree with all things silver with NO proof. This is exactly Duney's tactic.
I'm now catching on (thin skinned) that you just will argue with everyone who thougtfully believes in silver.
Look in the mirror Maple and stop the negativity. People on this site especially want help and positive vibes not naysayers "for a lot of reasons"

ccjoe--no way maplesilverbug is a troll. Maple just posted "A Clear(er) View", showing silver versus the dollar in the last 100 years. Maple's conclusion: buy silver.

I think SSF should encourage intellectually honest bearish and bullish views on silver. Maple has posted both bullish and bearish views, IMHO. What we don't need are trolls like Duney. Duney is a SADIST, who derives pleasure from agitating people. Duney does not post to learn or share about silver news/views, he just wants to "get off" on saying whatever it takes to piss everyone off.

And, if SSF ever degenerates into a 100% bull cheerleading fest like CNBC is for stocks, I for one will go elsewhere. I get so mad when Peter Schiff gets on CNBC and gets laughed at and derided, just because he has a different opinion (which happens to be right). I think SSF should have intellectually honest bear and bull views/news. But no trolls.

valerb
6th September 2009, 22:34
I have a feeling when Silver hits $100 an ounce you might not want to turn them into FRNs. I may take a plane trip with some of my silver to china and turn them into yuan or I may move from this country entirely.

That plane trip will be one hell of a waste of money Main. You can sell your silver here and buy your Yuan's here as well. The problem is, the government only allows you to take so much out of the country and they only allow you to bring a certain amount back in with you. I have no idea who has the best prices on foreign currencies (actual cash), but I've purchased Swiss Franc's twice from Wells Fargo for a very small premium.

I can just see you trying to check 800 pounds of luggage to China without someone being just a tad suspicious.

I've been considering your other idea. Renting an RV, loading it up with Silver and taking a one way vacation to Canada.

theo68
6th September 2009, 23:18

I also think calling Maple a troll is a little strong. Its not that he doesn't believe in PMs, he just seems to think productive farm land will be incredibly valuable in a SHTF scenario; probably to the extent that there would very few sellers, even for PMs. Having said that, I think its reasonable to ask Maple to explain the reasons supporting his position.

Argyria
7th September 2009, 00:10
ccjoe--no way maplesilverbug is a troll. Maple just posted "A Clear(er) View", showing silver versus the dollar in the last 100 years. Maple's conclusion: buy silver.

I think SSF should encourage intellectually honest bearish and bullish views on silver. Maple has posted both bullish and bearish views, IMHO. What we don't need are trolls like Duney. Duney is a SADIST, who derives pleasure from agitating people. Duney does not post to learn or share about silver news/views, he just wants to "get off" on saying whatever it takes to piss everyone off.

And, if SSF ever degenerates into a 100% bull cheerleading fest like CNBC is for stocks, I for one will go elsewhere. I get so mad when Peter Schiff gets on CNBC and gets laughed at and derided, just because he has a different opinion (which happens to be right). I think SSF should have intellectually honest bear and bull views/news. But no trolls.

Exactly. What is the point of a forum or a discussion with only 1 opinion present? Then its nothing more than a fan club.

ccjoe
7th September 2009, 05:55
Exactly. What is the point of a forum or a discussion with only 1 opinion present? Then its nothing more than a fan club.

Touche Argy---
Maybe I rubbed Maple the wrong way and he went overboard laughing at me?
He hit me where it hurts as he found NOTHING in my post but things to belittle on. The kicker was when he took 2 of my sentences separated by many sentences and conjoined them to make it look like one sentence. That's dishonest. I will try to keep away from him as you make a very valid point.

DaleFromCalgary
7th September 2009, 09:09
"It just seems all bit too rosey and simple to think silver/gold will be the save-all and that you could drive out to the country-side and offer Farmer Joe a few coins for his land and that's that."

I agree, and I'm not trolling. If severe economic disaster strikes, farmers will be well aware of what's what and the value of their land. Most rural areas now have some sort of Internet connection, even if it's just dial-up. Back on the farm, we would listen to the noon-hour radio news for the current commodity prices. Live cattle, granted, but today I'm sure Farmer Jones will notice the bullion prices as well. I'm not the only farm boy with a university degree.

I don't believe there will be a total economic collapse, but instead a slow downward ratcheting of living standards back to how our ancestors lived circa WW2. Bullion will ameliorate the pain for the gold and silver bugs, while the sheeple wonder why they can never get ahead.

SeekrBrnEvryMin
7th September 2009, 09:56
I'm with Dale. As an economy deteriorates, demand is going to shift from "wants" to "needs."

Food, water, clothing, shelter, transporation, jobs.

Anything tied to the production of necessities will be valuable.

maplesilverbug
7th September 2009, 10:45
Maple...seems to think productive farm land will be incredibly valuable in a SHTF scenario; probably to the extent that there would very few sellers, even for PMs. Having said that, I think its reasonable to ask Maple to explain the reasons supporting his position.

Okay, here it goes:

SHTF and, as a later posts states, wants are out, needs are in. Water, food, and fuel being the biggies.

Food will become valuable. You need 3 things to make food: seed, water, and LAND. Ergo, the divisions needed to create food will also become valuable (ie. rise in price).

Just in the exact same fashion as when silver rises in price, the PRODUCERS of said silver also gain value -- at times in multiples of their end product.

Will other commodities rise in price in a SHTF scenario as well? Who knows, none of us have ever experienced it. But if we turn into a "needs first" society, who among us TRULY NEEDS silver?

Will a farmer sell off his land just so he and his family can move to the city to try and scavenge for jobs and food? Isn't that the same reason YOU are trying to buy HIS land in the first place?

Maybe buy a ticket to the Ukraine, where farmland prices are down 70%, Im sure they would love your shiny American rubbles over there. More bang for your Kookaburra too!

maplesilverbug
7th September 2009, 10:48
I've been considering your other idea. Renting an RV, loading it up with Silver and taking a one way vacation to Canada.

Want my address? I'll take reeeaaal good care of you and your RV! ;)

maplesilverbug
7th September 2009, 11:06
Touche Argy---
Maybe I rubbed Maple the wrong way and he went overboard laughing at me?
He hit me where it hurts as he found NOTHING in my post but things to belittle on. The kicker was when he took 2 of my sentences separated by many sentences and conjoined them to make it look like one sentence. That's dishonest. I will try to keep away from him as you make a very valid point.

Consider this:

I have approximately 15% of my net worth in PMs.

ccjoe has, based upon his posts, nearly, if not 100%, of his net worth invested in PMs. I do believe he has mentioned "six figures".

ccjoe has far, far, more to gain than I if silver explodes to $100/oz. (and a sincere congratulations to him if it does!). He also has the exposure to lose a vast degree more than I if silver drops in price.

ccjoe and I have polar reasons for putting our money into silver. Who has a more objective view? A person who is 'all in' and needs prices to rise? Or a person who could withstand a loss?

Don't forget, by his own admission, ccjoe has already "lost it all" once (paraphrasing, because I know he's a stickler for correct editing) in the housing boom. I ask, why would someone put it "all" into an obvious fraudulent vehicle that was obviously headed for disaster? This sets president for his clarity of judgement.

I just want empirical proof that shows silver will be going to $20 or $50 or $100 per ounce any time soon. Proof, not observations.

Steadfast
7th September 2009, 12:38
my one last buy was this weekend....

A friend of mine who also sells coins at a local small flea market sold me one uncirculated roll of 1961 US Quarters for $110.00 yeasterday...

He told me he was running tight on cash, so, this was the last tme he could do this for me...
I jumped on the deal!

silverheartbone
7th September 2009, 12:47
Consider this: {snip}
I just want empirical proof that shows silver will be going to $20 or $50 or $100 per ounce any time soon. Proof, not observations.
:rolleyes:

How about asking for world peace while you are at it?

silverheartbone
7th September 2009, 12:50
my one last buy was this weekend....

A friend of mine who also sells coins at a local small flea market sold me one uncirculated roll of 1961 US Quarters for $110.00 yeasterday...

He told me he was running tight on cash, so, this was the last tme he could do this for me...
I jumped on the deal!

That is what I have been looking for!
Quarter dollars.
All that I have been finding are halves and dimes.
Lucky guy, uncirculated for 11x face.

I'd really like a few nice standing liberties, but they are all spoken for around here.

maplesilverbug
7th September 2009, 12:51
:rolleyes:

How about asking for world peace while you are at it?

That will never happen, either. Not for humans at least.

Relayer
7th September 2009, 12:52
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1244824610&play=1

Steadfast
7th September 2009, 15:24
That is what I have been looking for!
Quarter dollars.
All that I have been finding are halves and dimes.
Lucky guy, uncirculated for 11x face.

I'd really like a few nice standing liberties, but they are all spoken for around here.

I am fortunite, even though I am not to partial to 90%,
However, I know these two things,
1. Take care of your friends and they will take care of you...
2. Right now, we shoud all be looking to "snag any good deal" no matter what form the silver is in.

As for standing liberties... They are all gone here too...

Gen Ripper
8th September 2009, 09:45
I don't understand this "dip" logic. Last Thursday you could buy all the Silver you wanted for $14.27 an ounce. Now that it's over $16, you want it to dip back to the $14's so you can scarf up some more Silver!!! Why didn't you just load up when it was in the $13's?

I dont want it to dip. I said if it dips. I am selling a bit now at this peak. If it cycles a bit back under 15 I will buy it back.

maplesilverbug
8th September 2009, 09:58
Hey! I too am selling some into the rise. Competition! :-P
What are you selling, and selling at, Ripper?

Gen Ripper
8th September 2009, 16:48
Hey! I too am selling some into the rise. Competition! :-P
What are you selling, and selling at, Ripper?

<50ozt. If I had a larger "core investment" of silver I would be selling more. I am betting against the market with this 50ozt, and plan to buy back. I have some popular coins and rounds that I picked up with out their typical premium. So yeah it would be the premium+difference in spot-shipping-ebay fees. As for price, I have to see what things are going for.

goldsilber
9th September 2009, 09:42
If it cycles a bit back under 15 I will buy it back.

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/view/mineweb/en/page72068?oid=88887&amp;sn=Detail

"With Chinese state institutions hawking gold and silver to the general populace as a good investment (see China pushes silver and gold investment to the masses) - the latest news on this front being that the biggest Chinese bank, the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), is setting up a special precious metals department to handle growing investor demand for gold and silver within the country, the corollary is that therefore the country cannot afford to let precious metals prices fall substantially and thus alienate millions of its citizens who have been taking state advice to buy them." :cool:

maplesilverbug
9th September 2009, 09:53
...the corollary is that therefore the country cannot afford to let precious metals prices fall substantially and thus alienate millions of its citizens who have been taking state advice to buy them."

Hmmm...sounds surprisingly similar to a recent "ownership" propagating government and ensuing real estate boom-bust-attempted save a certain Western country just experienced.