PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Video

ADUB
2nd April 2008, 13:57
Did anyone check out the Ron Paul Video on Goldseek. He hits the nail on the head in my opinion. Too bad America is not ready to wake up! They will get thrown out of bed in the very near future.

http://news.goldseek.com/RonPaul/1207152341.php

chux03
2nd April 2008, 23:15
He's been saying that for years...

He's the ONLY candidate I can support via monetary contributions and he's the only candidate I can vote for. If he's not on the ballot this fall I won't be voting (for President). The other 3 candidates are mearly competing to see who captains the Titanic...

5-9's
3rd April 2008, 23:39
Is it not possible to write his name in anyway?

Just scratch out every other prostitute's name and write his in with big bold letters. That'll learn 'em :)

Kelly
4th April 2008, 03:53
Well, Ron Paul, as ever, is the only guy that's run so far that makes any sense. He had a tremendous amount of support and he's not in the running because the CFR controlled media virtually ignored him. It just makes me sick. And I thought his comment about a third party trying to make it was right on. "It takes too much money to get on the ballot." And that is precisely what is the matter with our elections today. We aren't electing people based on their ability to lead; we are electing people based on their ability to raise money & that means everybody running is either already wealthy or has to kowtow to the rich and powerful. It is an elective process that is obviously not working for us. Case in point; look at the leadership in Washington DC.

But as to the video, what impressed me was the intelligence of the questions and comments of Glenn Beck. Finally, somebody on CNN seems to be "getting it." That's a hopefull sign.

ADUB
4th April 2008, 07:08
Everytime I mention the name Ron Paul, people look at me like I'm an idiot;).
I share the truth, and they think I am doom and gloom. After I talk to them, and they marinate on what I said for a day or two, they always come seek me out for more info. My advice to them is to educate yourself, and do not let me or anyone else think for you!

I just converted my Dad who was a hard corps Democrat. The more people educate themselves, the more they see the error of the system we currently live in.

FedFixNix
4th April 2008, 09:01
Unfortunately, Ron Paul, sees a big part of the problem, but not all of it. But even more unfortunately, his libertarian and privatization solutions are exactly the ones those who caused the problems (the Fed and Friends) are precisely the ones they have advocated all along.

Let me be clear. The very same power elites who formed the Fed are behind the Von Mises Austrian School, and they have misled nearly everyone that sniffs out the huge problems with the Fed and our current monetary system about the correct solutions.

Another huge error Paul, and others who follow Libertarian and Austrian School philosophies, make is in lumping the Fed in with the Federal Government. That is entirely wrong, and it is the Fed who has corrupted our government, that was once of, by and for the people, into one of by and for the Fed and their banking, financial, and corporate friends.

The same powers that created this mess we're in also have been building support for their solution since the beginning, which is a return to the gold or PM standard.

I own gold and silver, and would profit handsomely if it happened, as would most of us here, and Ron Paul as well. Paul claims 8 or 10 million in gold and gold mining or oher PM stocks... nearly ALL of his wealth! So he is hardly a disinterested spectator.

I really like Ron Paul for what he appears to understand, but the solutions would only consolidate the power elite's death grip on the world's economy.

FedFixNix
4th April 2008, 09:13
I just want to make something clear. It is the power elite and central banking interests who have been waging a 225-year war against government, because they want to have all the power to themselves, and do not want a government strong enough to stand up to their economic power.

Think about that, because its true. We have all heard the drumbeat all out lives that government is the enemy. That's only half true. Power is the enemy... unchecked power... unrestrained power, even libertarian power, from whatever source it comes. Totalitarian power is the enemy, whether it comes under the name of communism, fascism, monarchism, despotism, or libertarianism.

Only balance and moderation in all areas of life are a defense against absolute power, and we all know that absolute power always corrupts.

Checks and balances are the only defense against unchecked power, and we have lost those checks and balances our forefathers wrote into our contstitution. Remember that Franklin said they gave us a republican government, "if we could keep it".

Well, we haven't. We've let financial power groups, and power elites take our government away from us. So, in that sense, yes, government is to be feared. However, a just government of for and by the people is never to be feared, but is the ultimate struggle for mankind to achieve.

And no Mom, we're not there yet.

FedFixNix
4th April 2008, 09:42
If you are still stuck into thinking that the Democrats or the Republicans are the problem or answer, you don't get it yet.

The power elites have done their best to control both major parties, as well as subvert all the minor ones. They have done better controlling (though campaign funding mainly, but through media, educational and informational control as well) the Republicans than the Democrats, largely because of the aftermath of the Civil War in the South, and Reconstruction abuses, but its just a matter of degrees.

The financial powers largely own the Republican and Libertarian parties, as well as much of the Democratic Party "establishment", but none of them can be looked to for the right solutions as the stand now.

Ron Paul is right about many things, like the system is corrupt to the core, purposely debasing our currency system, and that a economic collapse is imminent. However he is confused about the Fed being a part of the government, or in referring to them both as the "problem", and the market as the only "solution".

The "solution" is separating money from government on the one hand, and making government at all levels more representative of the people on the other. The markets can not be a solution unless and until they are free from control and manipulation by power elites.

Right now, you have the Fed, with unlimited taxpayer money, manipulating markets totally, including the precious metals and many other resource commodities.

Of course, self-government by the people is impossible without good, timely, accurate information, and our media fails there. Also needed is an educated citizenry, and our schools, curriculum's and textbooks fail us there.

Einstein said, (paraphrasing) it is desirable to simply things as much as possible, but no more than possible. We will never get to the roots of any problem by oversimplifying it, or failing to grasp its nature and complexity in its entirety.

pbmaxb
4th April 2008, 11:02
paraphrasing a quote on oversimplifying? thats an interesting juxtaposition isn't it?

FedFixNix
4th April 2008, 11:08
paraphrasing a quote on oversimplifying? thats an interesting juxtaposition isn't it?

No, it isn't.

FedFixNix
4th April 2008, 11:12

There is absolutely nothing wrong with paraphrasing an idea or concept or quote...

...as long as the essential meaning is retained.

In fact that was exactly the point of Einstein's remark.... that simplification for clarification is good, but too much simplification that changed or distorted the meaning or essential idea, was bad.

FedFixNix
4th April 2008, 11:18
Quoted and NOT paraphrased:

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

You tell me.

chux03
4th April 2008, 12:15
"Let me be clear. The very same power elites who formed the Fed are behind the Von Mises Austrian School, and they have misled nearly everyone that sniffs out the huge problems with the Fed and our current monetary system about the correct solutions."

Dude...that's the BIGGEST bunch of propaganda I've heard (here) in quite some time. The "power elites" behind the Von Mises Austrian School ( www.mises.org ) had NOTHING to do with forming the FED. ARE YOU KIDDING??? Here's some links so you can (further) educate yourself.

From their website: ( http://mises.org/about.aspx )

Here's a link showing their staff and faculty. And IF you know ANYTHING about ANY of these people, the ONLY thing they'd like to collectively do to the FED is ELIMINATE them: http://mises.org/faculty.aspx Forming the FED...HA!! That's FUNNY!!

I'd suggest doing some more reading before making IGNORANT claims/statements like that around here. That kind of chatter WON'T FLY here!!

FedFixNix
4th April 2008, 13:38
"Let me be clear. The very same power elites who formed the Fed are behind the Von Mises Austrian School, and they have misled nearly everyone that sniffs out the huge problems with the Fed and our current monetary system about the correct solutions."

Dude...that's the BIGGEST bunch of propaganda I've heard (here) in quite some time. The "power elites" behind the Von Mises Austrian School had NOTHING to do with forming the FED. ARE YOU KIDDING??? Here's some links so you can (further) educate yourself.

... Forming the FED...HA!! That's FUNNY!!

I'd suggest doing some more reading before making IGNORANT claims/statements like that around here. That kind of chatter WON'T FLY here!!

In the first place, I should hardly take time at all to respond to someone who distorts what I actually said into a straw man" so that it can be ridiculed, or called "ignorant", especially when done so out of context. However, I want people reading this to be clear about what is going on here.

I did not say that the Austrians "formed the Fed". That indeed would be "ridiculous". Too bad you can't look objectively at what I actually said.

Furthermore, nothing I ever say is "propaganda". I simply have no agenda at all other than to discover and reveal truth, such as I am able to do. If anything, since I hold gold and silver, I would only profit greatly if the PM money standard was returned, so that would hardly give me incentive to put out "propaganda" against it.

In addition, I am hardly "ignorant" on the issue. I've spent many years reading and researching the things I write here... MANY years.

I have a great deal of respect and admiration for the contributions of Von Mises and the Austrians, of whom Ron Paul is an advocate. As I have said often here, they are great at identifying many of the problems of centralization and abuses of power by the Fed and the Central Bankers.

However, the solutions they propose, a return to the gold standard, is simply wrong. The reason it is wrong is that those who own the Fed and International Central Banks also own nearly all the gold, diamonds, oil, etc., in the world, and the return to a gold standard it exactly what they had in mind after seizing control of the US monetary system in 1913, AFTER they ruined our nation by manipulating and debasing our currency.

Returning to a gold standard would be like giving a massive bonus to those who have just committed the biggest theft in our history.

You called me ignorant, but don't you think it is just a little ignorant to reward those who rob you?

I don't have time to list all the books, films, videos, and lectures I've learned from over the years, but the list would be in the hundreds. Yet you call me "ignorant"?

I have read, and actually comprehended, most of Murray Rothbard's books, as well as G. Edward Griffin's, and learned a lot from them, but there are simply some things they get wrong.

If you don't understand what they get wrong, and if we all don't, then it will never get fixed.

As for what will of won't fly here, I don't think a self-appointed committee of one should determine that, or anything else when it comes to a discussion of ideas. I fully understood when I wrote that, and other such ideas here that this place is packed with Ron Paul, Von Mises and Austrian enthusiasts, and would draw criticism. However, I had hoped for intelligent, rational discussion, instead of insults and "straw-man" tactics.

I'm still hoping that is possible.

Ball in your court.

Kelly
4th April 2008, 15:49
Look, I think I kind of understand what FedFixNix has been saying. The Austrian School of thought generally advocates a return to a precious metal backed monetary system and wants a paper currency backed by either silver or gold. FedFixNix is rightfully concerned about that because, IF that is to take place, he suspects the Fed will support the return to a gold standard backing the dollar or the new Amero, and that is what I too suspect is the intent behind the proposed Amero. The danger Nix sees in this is that, from the days of Solomon, ancient Egypt and beyond into the dim reaches of history, gold has been hoarded in the hands of the wealthy few, and these few rich and powerful families, down through the ages became the international bankers that ultimately formed the Fed.

So IF a new currency was backed by gold, the wealth would still be concentrated in the hands of the few wealthy elitists who have been hoarding this PM and keeping it in their families for hundreds if not thousands of years, passing it on from one generation to the next. If a person is a multi-millionaire, a billionaire, or even worth trillions, you can bet on it; they've got a large stash of gold hidden away somewhere. Gold has been the precious metal of choice for the wealthy for thousands of years.

I differ in thought from Nix in that I don't think silver is nearly as dangerous in backing a currency. Silver has always been thought of as "poor man's gold" and it is the middle-class to the poor that attempt to keep some silver on hand. The wealthy may have some silver too, but it doesn't carry the status nor serve as the same symbol of power that gold does. The Hunt Brothers and Warren Buffet were exceptions to the rule, but their attempts to corner the market on silver did NOT result in any long-term inflation in the price of silver. Silver dropped right back down to the bottom again after those huge purchases were made. I think if the wealthy were hoarding silver like they hoard gold, silver would be much higher than it is today.

In silver bullion and coins as an investment, all you have to do is listen to the people on this forum. Most of us don't sound like millionaires; the people here seem to run the gamut from middle class to down on their luck.

I agree with FedFixNix in that I am radically against a gold-backed dollar or Amero. I think all that would do is give even more power to the wealthy few. But I don't hold the same fear of silver backing a currency. A recent contributor on this forum posted a bitter complaint not too long ago (I've forgotten which thread) stating that even though silver mines were trying to open up in his state, the environmentalists (funded by the wealthy few) were stopping that from happening. That isn't being done because the wealthy own those silver mines; it's being done because they don't own those mines. The wealthy own or control the gold mines in Africa and South America; but traditionally, they don't bother with the "small stuff" like silver. Their goal has always been to own all the gold.

I seriously fear a gold-backed dollar. FedFixNix has pointed out that Ron Paul subscribes to the Austrian School of thought, and while I like RP a bunch, Paul absolutely backs the idea of a gold or silver backed dollar. In my mind, the problem is that no distinction is made between the two PMs. If the Fed is working towards a gold-backed Amero, then I couldn't agree with FedFixNix more. I think that has always been the long term game plan of the banking elite and it would be the worse thing we could do.

But I don't know that I feel the same way about silver because the wealthy don't generally hold much "poor man's gold." It doesn't represent the status and power to them that gold does. I'd have to see some hard core proof that silver was being massively hoarded by the wealthy to fear it.

I like Ron Paul a lot. But I do wish he would see that a gold-backed dollar would only concentrate the power, once again, in the hands of the wealthy few.

All that being said, however, Ron Paul remains the only man in congress even talking about currency, and I think we all owe him a debt of gratitude because he IS making some real headway in bringing these issues to the public's attention. So I hail him as the modern-day hero I think he truly is.