PDA

View Full Version : Average cost per ounce

tampa78
31st March 2008, 22:44
I know that this varies over time etc... but for someone jumping in on the market now, taking history into account etc... what do you all think is a good average cost per ounce to strive for these days?

JesterJay
31st March 2008, 22:52
Jump right in. The price is as low as its been in a long time. I don't expect it to stay down here forever. Buy NOW. Check ebay for the REAL going rate of silver. The SPOT charts are paper wishes, not real physical silver and gold.
Your goal should be to get as much physical silver for as little as possible as soon as possible.
Anything else and you are missing out. And if the price goes down?
Don't worry. This should be a long term holding.
JesterJay

I know that this varies over time etc... but for someone jumping in on the market now, taking history into account etc... what do you all think is a good average cost per ounce to strive for these days?

tampa78
31st March 2008, 23:00
I like that answer :) Thanks!

Renegade
1st April 2008, 00:17
um,,,,,,we were at $15 to start the year, I wouldn't be surprised to see something close to that again. But that's just me. Average cost per ounce means everything when you sell. Profits are made on the purchases, not the sale.

Renegade

JesterJay
1st April 2008, 20:06
Anything under $16 would suprise me a bit. But not much. However...
You got to buy to have. Soon that won't be an option at affordable prices. I think $25 (the going rate on ebay for Silver Eagles) is a good buy.
YOU tell me when the bottom is, THEN I will buy.
Yeah, that's what I thought.
Buy on the dips. Buy when you can.
Silver will be in the "Holy Crap!" territory soon. The price you sell at is what you get. How the hell does it matter if you paid $17 or $19 WHEN you sell at $multiples of that amount.
The future is what is important, not "Gee, I should have bought 3 years ago at $7 per." Can't change what already happened.
This price drop is a GIFT. Take full advantage.
Don't hesitate. There may be more dips. May be not.
But what if next week we see $30 silver? Can you find silver to buy, right now, cash and carry, for any price? Reality will soon set in on the physical market. It is already reality on ebay. I know a bargain when I see it.
Read my signature and become a believer,
JesterJay

um,,,,,,we were at $15 to start the year, I wouldn't be surprised to see something close to that again. But that's just me. Average cost per ounce means everything when you sell. Profits are made on the purchases, not the sale.

Renegade

Renegade
2nd April 2008, 02:40
Sorry folks, I usually don't do this, was just issuing a hint of caution to another poster and for some reason got called out a bit here, so please forgive me in advance for hijacking this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,

Anything under $16 would suprise me a bit. But not much. However...

Stand by to be surprised; $15 is looking much more attainable than the $30 you keep broadcasting, although spot is really irrelevant, money is made on movement!

You got to buy to have. Soon that won't be an option at affordable prices. I think $25 (the going rate on ebay for Silver Eagles) is a good buy.

Ok then pay it, as of right now I can buy them at $18.92!

YOU tell me when the bottom is, THEN I will buy.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Pay attention to charts, they tell you when the bottom WAS! THEN YOU BUY! It may be now, be we don't know that yet do we?

Buy on the dips. Buy when you can. Silver will be in the "Holy Crap!" territory soon.

Save to buy when you can, buy when it's smart. The only HOLY CRAP TERRITORY is when you have a strong buy signal and NO CASH!

The price you sell at is what you get. How the hell does it matter if you paid $17 or $19 WHEN you sell at $multiples of that amount.

Ok, just for the hell of it, say you have, oh I don't know, maybe 3 monster boxes of SAE's, and you sold them all at your $30. Thats $45,000.00. If you bought them at $19 thats $28,500.00. But at $17 it's only $25,500.00.
Appears you would have made $3000 on the buy, Not the Sale!
Then you could buy an extra 100 ounces at $30 an ounce if you hurry before the price goes down.

The future is what is important, not "Gee, I should have bought 3 years ago at $7 per." Can't change what already happened.

(Actually I did buy at $7, and below,,,,several times,,,,,,,,)

This price drop is a GIFT. Take full advantage.
Don't hesitate. There may be more dips. May be not.
But what if next week we see $30 silver?

Then we all made money, but what if it's $3.84 Spot, right now with spot at $16.92 that makes it equidistant to $30 or $3.84,,,,,,could go either way! One thing is for sure, it's been at $3.84 a hell of a lot more times than it's been at $30!

Can you find silver to buy, right now, cash and carry, for any price? Reality will soon set in on the physical market. It is already reality on ebay. I know a bargain when I see it.

Yes I can, actually in 27 years of buying and selling silver I've never not been able to find it,,,,,,,,ever, but I never had to have it "at any price"! Every market has ups and downs, if you play them both you will only go sideways in the long run.

Read my signature and become a believer,
JesterJay

yeah I read that,,,,,,,,,years ago, can't remember who said it, but it'll come to me.

I'm thinkin maybe Goldminer (Who inputs great info and advice here btw) says something like that alot.

Renegade

We never know what we don't know!

JesterJay
2nd April 2008, 15:30
So your point is to play the "movement" of fake silver?
MmmHmmm. I am only trying to point out the point you made that you only know when it WAS low. Playing the futures will soon be pointless as Silver, physical silver will depart from the Paper market if it doesn't come back to reality.
And I'll take 3 monster boxes of those sub 19 dollar Eagles.
Gotcha Daredevil,
JesterJay

Sorry folks, I usually don't do this, was just issuing a hint of caution to another poster and for some reason got called out a bit here, so please forgive me in advance for hijacking this thread,,,,,,,,,,,,

yeah I read that,,,,,,,,,years ago, can't remember who said it, but it'll come to me.

I'm thinkin maybe Goldminer (Who inputs great info and advice here btw) says something like that alot.

Renegade

We never know what we don't know!

Renegade
2nd April 2008, 16:04
um,,,,,,,,,,,NO

I never mentioned FAKE Silver, OR FUTURES!

I stated that you NEVER know where the bottom was until it starts back up, but then all experienced investors already know that!

NOTHING IS A BUY ALL THE TIME, which you stress to the new guys here, ALL THE TIME!

I have personally never invested $.01 in either FAKE OR FUTURES!

Oh yeah, if you still want the SAE"s they are Spot + $2.00; always, if you know the silver market well enough to know where to buy them. Maybe read more than just Izzy!

Good Luck!

Renegade

beach miner
2nd April 2008, 16:12
I think it's turning around now--April 2, 1:00 P.M. Pacific Time. $17.40

I've been tracking ebay the last couple of days with regard to the number of 100oz. bars being listed at 10:00 A.M. Pacific. I'll keep this list goin for the next few days.

March 31--38 bars
April 1-----36 bars
April 2-----19 bars

Hey Jester Jay--Like your posts. See You All At The Top. Beach Miner--Alaska

JesterJay
2nd April 2008, 23:56
Because you seem to be trying to put YOUR words in my mouth, Rene.
Silver IS a BUY right now. Or do you think we will test the 2003 low also?
I get my SAE's for under a $2 premium so I will have to pass.
And I read quite a bit more than Izzy and Ted.
What was your point again? Try to pick one, please.
I await your reply,
Jestdon'tknownuthinJay

um,,,,,,,,,,,NO

I never mentioned FAKE Silver, OR FUTURES!

I stated that you NEVER know where the bottom was until it starts back up, but then all experienced investors already know that!

NOTHING IS A BUY ALL THE TIME, which you stress to the new guys here, ALL THE TIME!

I have personally never invested $.01 in either FAKE OR FUTURES!

Oh yeah, if you still want the SAE"s they are Spot + $2.00; always, if you know the silver market well enough to know where to buy them. Maybe read more than just Izzy!

Good Luck!

Renegade

Renegade
3rd April 2008, 02:51
I think $25 (the going rate on ebay for Silver Eagles) is a good buy.

Nuff Said!

My work is done here!

Renegade

waynetheking
4th April 2008, 16:37
Buy and hold, period!..dollar cost avg. here folks. jj has a good point when he says buy now. Why, cause the LONG TERM TREND looks great for this "vehicle" of an investment. sure buy low and sell high, but if you keep this metal long enough I THINK your gonna make a decent profit and tax free at that. add it to your portfolio say 10 to 20 percent. use it as a "safe gaurd" to your nest egg. i think i'll print some of these pages and put them in the safe. not get on this web site for twenty years. then sell and read all the "predictions that were made here and laugh like hell all the way to tha BANK!!!