PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Purchase

Willie Hunter
5th June 2009, 09:34
Where is the best place to buy silver on-line?

Mylläri
5th June 2009, 09:49
1. APMEX or GoldSilver.com, in my opinion.

2. Search the site, there are hundreds of threads on this subject with many experiences and opinions.

ccjoe
5th June 2009, 10:27
Tulving or APMEX without question but everyone has their own opinion.
Just never buy from Northwest as they don't deliver their silver. I literally waited 100 days on a 1000 oz. bar of and NEVER got the silver. By law they had to offer to buy it back and they did after many phone calls. I paid 10030 (9.70 spot in Nov. 08 plus .60 premium) and got a check for 14500 in March 09, but it wasn't worth it> the stress.

Willie Hunter
5th June 2009, 10:34
Just never buy from Northwest as they don't deliver their silver. I literally waited 100 days on a 1000 oz. bar of and NEVER got the silver. By law they had to offer to buy it back and they did after many phone calls. I paid 10030 (9.70 spot in Nov. 08 plus .60 premium) and got a check for 14500 in March 09, but it wasn't worth it> the stress.

Nice to hear about Northwest. I bought 100 5 oz. bars on 3/06/09 and I'm still waiting. :(:(

pmstacker
5th June 2009, 10:42
Nwtmint isn't so good at times like this, plus their premiums are off the chart. Apmex imo is a good place to stock up or scottsdalesilver.

Willie Hunter
5th June 2009, 10:48

I talked with Kim at Northwest a few minutes ago, she said my silver was scheduled to ship today. Any chance of that happening?

cowboycarl04
5th June 2009, 11:44
I used NWT Mint with a CC purchase 3 times during Fall 2008 FROM THE STORE.

I paid around $12 per ounce for 10 oz bars and ordered the max when silver spot was around $9.50. I believe the max was 70 or 75 oz.

Each time, I got delivery in 2 weeks. Everyone that complained for the months long wait mass ordered and didn't go through the store.

I had no complaints from them, but I haven't used them since October I think.

silvertooth
5th June 2009, 14:55
I just made a purchase on APMEX and the credit card option was over $130. All the others were the normal $29 or so. I'm not sure what was going on but I certainly didn't do that.

My Pants Are Cold
5th June 2009, 15:08
I've never had issues with NWT either. Good prices, nice products.

SammyBinLaden
5th June 2009, 16:04
I think Westminstermint.com is a good option if you're ordering 20 ounces or so... no Credit Card fees added on like apmex. Shipping seems reasonable, Premium is a bit high, but if you're ordering less than 20 oz. and paying by CC, I bet you'd make up the difference.

BullionBob
5th June 2009, 17:23
By far it's gotta be SCOTTSDALE SILVER. They give you Bonus 1-2% Store Credit if you pay by paypal echeck.

http://www.scottsdalesilver.com/?Click=115

My Pants Are Cold
5th June 2009, 18:06
I almost forgot about Monarch Precious Metals (http://www.monarchpreciousmetals.com/).

PSUDave
7th June 2009, 16:14
I use to buy a lot from ebay, no more. The prices people are paying are crazy. Bought from APMEX before, no problems. If you want to save a couple bucks, pay with a personal check. Sure it takes a little longer, but to each their own. Personally, I can wait. I'm going to go the Bullion Direct route for a while and see how that works out. Going to try buying on a regular basis, and make a product draw in a couple months. Currently, the nuclo exchange has the best prices out there.

Willie Hunter
7th June 2009, 17:05
I use to buy a lot from ebay, no more. The prices people are paying are crazy. Bought from APMEX before, no problems. If you want to save a couple bucks, pay with a personal check. Sure it takes a little longer, but to each their own. Personally, I can wait. I'm going to go the Bullion Direct route for a while and see how that works out. Going to try buying on a regular basis, and make a product draw in a couple months. Currently, the nuclo exchange has the best prices out there.

I bought a small amount of gold and silver yesterday from APMEX and paid the 3% for the credit card. I think in the future I will pay with a personal check.

eBay has went nuts with what people are paying.

Birdman.84
8th June 2009, 03:18
I have bought most of my silver and some Gold from http://www.golddealer.com/ and while You have to wait 2 weeks for the check to clear ( no wait on wire) I have been very pleased with them. There is a Min. of 2000$ which is the only bad part that I can see.But shipping and Ins is free which make up for the wait IMO. Their prices are always close to the spot price with low premium's, And buy prices when silver is in short supply is some of the best around.

ccjoe
8th June 2009, 08:49
I bought some Saints for Arizona Republic back in November with an AEx. card.
I subsequently sold them at a small loss to varied people that I bumped into in the business world.
QUESTION? Am I legally required to have given a receipt when I sold those 17 Saints for cash? The people obviously didn't want a receipt or any paper trail?
thanks
joe