PDA

View Full Version : How much silver can you legally buy?

Ardent Listener
12th May 2009, 15:01
http://www.amerigold.com/why_silver/

.............Famous Billionaires have bought silver in recent years. In 1997, Warren Buffet bought 130 million ounces of real silver, due to the favorable "supply and demand fundamentals", and although he bought as much as they would let him legally buy, his purchase was with about 2% of the value of his portfolio. Another Billionaire who tried to follow in his lead would be unable to do so since there is less silver now available in the world to buy at the COMEX than what Buffet has, and less than that in known, reported silver reserves in the world. George Soros owns a large percentage of Apex Silver (SIL). Bill Gates owns over 10% of Pan American Silver (PAAS). Famous Billionaires have bought silver in recent years. In 1997, Warren Buffet bought 130 million ounces of real silver, due to the favorable "supply and demand fundamentals", and although he bought as much as they would let him legally buy, his purchase was with about 2% of the value of his portfolio. Another Billionaire who tried to follow in his lead would be unable to do so since there is less silver now available in the world to buy at the COMEX than what Buffet has, and less than that in known, reported silver reserves in the world. George Soros owns a large percentage of Apex Silver (SIL). Bill Gates owns over 10% of Pan American Silver (PAAS)..............

LoboNoches
12th May 2009, 15:49
Very interesting article I'm jealous of Buffet could you inmagine swimming in all that silvery goodnes:rolleyes:

JoeSixPack
12th May 2009, 16:59
"How much silver can you legally buy?"

Ask the Hunt brothers.

LoboNoches
12th May 2009, 17:03
"How much silver can you legally buy?"

Ask the Hunt brothers.

Good point but didn't they try buying up all the known silver then

JoeSixPack
12th May 2009, 17:08
Good point but didn't they try buying up all the known silver then

I guess that's "as much as you can buy" until others figure that out!

It's kind of like the sign on the restauraunt "All you can eat for $2". So you go in, have a plate of food, and ask for another. The waitress replies, "sorry, that's all you can eat for $2!" ;)

LoboNoches
12th May 2009, 17:15
I guess that's "as much as you can buy" until others figure that out!

It's kind of like the sign on the restauraunt "All you can eat for $2". So you go in, have a plate of food, and ask for another. The waitress replies, "sorry, that's all you can eat for $2!" ;)

LOL that's pretty funny realistic yet funny

MiloMorai
12th May 2009, 20:12

Your A Riot Joe!:p

fullsafe
13th May 2009, 00:31
Interesting question that you appear to have answered in the thread itself. My search capabilities are pretty limited but as near as I can tell it must vary with market conditions. 130 mil. was the limit in 1997 but it appears that could be different today and what's more interesting is who the hell sets that limit.

I'm sure someone with more imaginative searching abilities can find the answer but I'll bet either the USG or FED turn up somewhere. Until you posted the thread I never even thought there could be a limit to personal ownership of a physical asset. I'm concerned now that I might be exceding the limit without knowing it!

hiyosilver
13th May 2009, 00:37
there is less silver now available in the world to buy at the COMEX than what Buffet has, ...

I'm sure you know that this is an old article, but just to point out to some who might not know, Warren Buffett sold all of his silver too....in his words, he "sold too early".

LETMYSILVERGO
13th May 2009, 00:47
Food All U Can Eat--

Got A Buddy, Saved His Money Went To France--

They Have A Famous Restaurant That Cooks Up Wonderful Things All Day Long, Cost 25 But All U Can Eat---

Now He Had Been Waiting Over A Year For This, Average Guy 5' 10 170lbs

After 7 Hours Of Eating, They Ask Him To Leave....

Ok,, Did U See Silver Is In The Low 14.00--great, Think If Will Go Up Or Down??????????????????????????????/

LETMYSILVERGO
13th May 2009, 00:48
I Say The Answer Is , How Much Legal Money Do U Have??

mountainmurph
13th May 2009, 03:02
Interesting question that you appear to have answered in the thread itself. My search capabilities are pretty limited but as near as I can tell it must vary with market conditions. 130 mil. was the limit in 1997 but it appears that could be different today and what's more interesting is who the hell sets that limit.

I'm sure someone with more imaginative searching abilities can find the answer but I'll bet either the USG or FED turn up somewhere. Until you posted the thread I never even thought there could be a limit to personal ownership of a physical asset. I'm concerned now that I might be exceding the limit without knowing it!

Shhh, if they haven't caught on yet maybe you've got away with it. One of my big worries too.

hiyosilver
13th May 2009, 03:13
I Say The Answer Is , How Much Legal Money Do U Have??

you mean you have to have legal money?!!!...........uuuuummmmm, JPM is in deep doo doooooo........and I'm gonna tell........:D

silver_surfer
13th May 2009, 06:27
Why not limit the amount of money a person can have. Why should anyone in this world own so much money that its actually a power instead of wealth. If they can limit your silver purchase, then its no different.

fansubs_ca
14th May 2009, 04:19
Considering the limited amount of "extra" money I have in a typical year to
buy silver if I live to be old enough to reach the "legal limit" I'd probably
be more concerned about the sun running out of hydrogen than how much
silver I'm "allowed to buy". ^_-