PDA

View Full Version : Kitco website is down

Mgrd
27th March 2008, 20:25
In the 4 years I have been following silver prices and dealing in silver I have never seen kitco go down for maintenance as it is stated. I found this out about 5:20 pm pst just a few minutes ago. Wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Mgrd

SilverTrees
27th March 2008, 20:29
there are a LOT of newbies in the pm game since gold hit $1000....everything to do with pm's is getting a lot more attention, a lot more people checking the internet....

Kelly
27th March 2008, 21:26
I usually have Silverseek, Kitco quotes and Kitco live charts all open at the same time. In the last three weeks I've seen kitco go down at least three times a day; usually not for very long, but it is irratating as all get out.

It usually doesn't happen though unless there is a big move going on. Anything happening to the market right this minute? If there is, I don't see it. Asia prices just dropped but no biggie. So maybe they are having IT trouble.

TTAZZMAN
27th March 2008, 22:03
Kelly i agree i have watched Kitco's site for years.....it is down often......very often with a big move is going on

Kelly
27th March 2008, 23:18
Actually, I think their site looks rigged. Were it not for their live silver charts, and the fact that I like seeing the way three days of trading compare with each other, I probably wouldn't bother with them. And I do also like their quotes page and the fact that you can see all PMs at once, as well as what is going on with currancies and the markets.

Still, for all the bells and whistles, there are just too many times when it sure looks like they don't want anybody knowing what is going on when the big moves take place. They are a huge company. It's not like the can't afford the broadband...

I've also seen as much as 13 cents difference between silverseek's quotes and kitcos each supposedly taking place at the same time.

I think silverseek is a much more reliable and trustworthy site. Too bad we can't have Kitco's format and Silverseeks honesty. Now that would be a real winner.