PDA

View Full Version : How I convinced my wife to let me contunue buying silver.

miller
18th April 2009, 21:36
Ok... this may be a bit overboard and may not work for some wives out there! Its a bit dramatic however it worked for me.

----------------------------------

This is exactly how I had to approach my better half. I put a 1 ounce Maple into her hand and then a $20 bill into her other. Then told her to close her eyes.

(What I did next was a bit overboard but it worked)

I had to take drastic measures because I was literally buying 5k in silver a month. She didn't agree with this but I had a drive to do so.

I lit the $20 on fire then told her to open her eyes. She let go pretty quick. Unknown to her is that the 20 was a fake. I work for Xerox and have access to some pretty kick ass machines. Really though she had no real time to inspect it, otherwise she surely could have told the difference. A real 20 could have bought me another maple lol and I'm not that crazy!

Anyways, once her hand got warm, she let the bill go and it dropped on the floor of my garage. I let it burn up and that was that.

Then I passed her the lighter, told her to make the silver dissapear.

To my suprise she responded with "touche" (

Which in english mean's, Point made or check mate for a better description)

She finally realized what that Silver was a lasting object and that paper was just that... paper. Regardless of all the time I spent trying to explain to her this fact... It took this to get her to agree to the idea.

In fact shes now been putting %10 of her income into Silver. I even drilled a nice little spot under my workshelf in the garage for an inground safe for her. She can wheel it out, put her stash in the safe and wheel it back over.

*Disclaimer... I dont recommend this approach if your wife is not calm, cool and collective lol*

Luckily my wife knows... that its not beyond me to consider unconventional means to proove a point!

Shes done the same with me, though most times it involves her burning supper on purpose when shes asked me to take care of it and I havent.

Thank god for Takeout during these times!

Cheers,
Miller

Steadfast
19th April 2009, 16:45
I got my wife to allow me to buy silver...
by asking the local coin dealer to open 30 minutes early for us, so he could explain to her "why silver was a good thing"...
I told him I would buy 100 rounds if she ended up thinking it was a "good idea" after he spoke to her.

He opened the shop happily, told her the facts, like a champ, for way OVER the allotted half hour.. It was more like 2 hours!
(It did not hurt that she is a "babe" and that he was a "silver geek") ;)

While all this went on, I killed time nonchalantly "looking at Roman coins"...

My wife is very smart!
Her pride is just such, that she needs someone who is "not me" to teach her the facts! :lol:

In the end, He got his money, I got my first 100 rounds, a 90BC Roman Panza, and I still get zero headaches when I ask her "how much money should we put away in deep savings this time?"...

As in all things with the ladies, the approach means EVERYTHING...
so, Tread wisely my brothers, tread wisely!

ecpioneer
20th April 2009, 20:06
I have practically begged my wife to convert some of her CD money to silver. I have made this appeal in many ways unsuccessfully. I have converted IRA money to silver IRA but not for as much as I want to. The news media and others has her convinced I am wrong and silver will not explode as I agree with Mike Maloney and others. Keep coming with these wife convincing reasons. I for one need them.

theo68
20th April 2009, 21:03
I have practically begged my wife to convert some of her CD money to silver. I have made this appeal in many ways unsuccessfully. I have converted IRA money to silver IRA but not for as much as I want to. The news media and others has her convinced I am wrong and silver will not explode as I agree with Mike Maloney and others. Keep coming with these wife convincing reasons. I for one need them.

Here are a couple of angles you can take:

1. Explain about our nearly 12 trillion dollar debt and the fact that our only two options are:

a. Default - This would make our currency almost worthless in oversees markets and then in the U.S. after a few weeks. Her CDs would lose at least 90% of there value under this scenario.

b. Devaluation - This would make our debt easier to pay off but it would make everything twice as expensive and her CDs would then lose have of their value; and that's just for starters.

2. Considering what I just said, challenge her to find one expert who can credibly explain how our debt can be paid off. In other words instead of having to justify your investment in silver to her; make her justify her investment in CDs to you.

3. Explain the concept of debasement to her. For example, in the early sixties a 90% silver dime could buy a loaf of bread. Today a 90% silver dime can still buy that loaf bread, but our regular copper dime can only buy a few slices.

4. Even if we are overreacting (which we are not!) silver will still maintain most of its value in the short term and then it will slowly increase in value over the long term due to industrial demand, which includes solar panels.

5. If all else fails have her watch Glen Beck. :???:

LoboNoches
20th April 2009, 22:51
As in all things with the ladies, the approach means EVERYTHING...
so, Tread wisely my brothers, tread wisely![/quote]

I guess I'm either lucky or unlucky in the regard that I don't have a wife to nag me about those things:(:)

maplesilverbug
21st April 2009, 08:38
I guess I'm either lucky or unlucky in the regard that I don't have a wife to nag me about those things:(:)

No wife...good and bad side to every situation. Do "ladies of the night" take ASE's as payment? More importantly, do their "bosses"? A wife eliminates this conundrum (unless you are Charles Barkley, of course).

theo68: #3 is my fav on your list. once IOUSA started firing up the ol' money machine 24/7, I knew it was time to transfer cash to something with a little more weight.

LoboNoches
21st April 2009, 10:48
No wife...good and bad side to every situation. Do "ladies of the night" take ASE's as payment? More importantly, do their "bosses"? A wife eliminates this conundrum (unless you are Charles Barkley, of course).

theo68: #3 is my fav on your list. once IOUSA started firing up the ol' money machine 24/7, I knew it was time to transfer cash to something with a little more weight.

No but the dumb ones take checks signed Donald Duck:D

Yabezlas
21st April 2009, 11:52
It reminds me of "Catch me if you can", That hooker even gave him cash back!

LoboNoches
21st April 2009, 13:20
It reminds me of "Catch me if you can", That hooker even gave him cash back!

LMAO:D hehehehehehe