PDA

View Full Version : Silver Rounds

Willie Hunter
15th April 2009, 14:44
Iíve been collecting silver rounds for the past several years. I really donít why but silver has always interested me. I have a fairly large amount of Liberty Lobby, Silver Trade Units, Buffalos, Holland & Holland and Northwest Mint rounds. What are these rounds worth? I have always figured I could get the bid price of silver.

mellows
15th April 2009, 15:08
You can always count on Silver to be worth something. I would search around the net and see what coin shops are selling the same pieces for. Go to markets/shops and do a little research Being rounds they might pull a stronger premium than bars. In my opinion hold on to your Ag for a rainy day if needed. I stack for the reason of having that shine in my hands. I don't think about what I could sell them for right now. Think farther in the future.

Willie Hunter
15th April 2009, 15:18
You can always count on Silver to be worth something. I would search around the net and see what coin shops are selling the same pieces for. Go to markets/shops and do a little research Being rounds they might pull a stronger premium than bars. In my opinion hold on to your Ag for a rainy day if needed. I stack for the reason of having that shine in my hands. I don't think about what I could sell them for right now. Think farther in the future.

I'm just wanting to understand the market. I'm still buying silver and at the end of the day my kids will probably end up with the silver.

Steadfast
15th April 2009, 15:21
What are they worth?

Well,
One can buy them around my neck of the woods for $2.00 above spot.
(if your a "regular" at the coin shops $1.50)
If you sold them at a coin store here they would probably be "at spot"...

If you don't want them, You can always mail them to me... ;)
heck, I'll even take them off your hands at spot...

He he he... get my point?

If I where you, I would keep those rounds for the long term...
After all, That's what I will do with them if you where silly enough to mailed them my way...

valerb
15th April 2009, 16:12
Iíve been collecting silver rounds for the past several years. I really donít why but silver has always interested me. I have a fairly large amount of Liberty Lobby, Silver Trade Units, Buffalos, Holland & Holland and Northwest Mint rounds. What are these rounds worth? I have always figured I could get the bid price of silver.

It all depends on the supply demand situation at the moment. Generally speaking, you can expect to get between spot and $1 below spot for your .999 generic silver. The more you have, the harder it is to sell. Some of the online dealers advertise they will buy from you at spot. NWTM does, but I don't know if that would include generic rounds from other mints. Many others tell you they buy silver, but do not list their buy back prices and there are some that do.

Small quantities with cash and carry is the best way. Selling to online dealers will created a paper trail. Then again, if your selling thousands of ounces, a paper trail can not be avoided.

Willie Hunter
15th April 2009, 16:50
It all depends on the supply demand situation at the moment. Generally speaking, you can expect to get between spot and $1 below spot for your .999 generic silver. The more you have, the harder it is to sell. Some of the online dealers advertise they will buy from you at spot. NWTM does, but I don't know if that would include generic rounds from other mints. Many others tell you they buy silver, but do not list their buy back prices and there are some that do.

Small quantities with cash and carry is the best way. Selling to online dealers will created a paper trail. Then again, if your selling thousands of ounces, a paper trail can not be avoided.

I talked with Northwest and they said they would buy what I had at bid -.40.

I'm not interested in selling just looking at how a guy would sell if the price was right.

valerb
16th April 2009, 02:40

I'm not interested in selling just looking at how a guy would sell if the price was right.

Can I assume you were asking about generic silver they did not make themselves? When you sell them silver they sell, they just turn it around. Bu if you were to sell them other generic silver, it would have to be processed.

ricm123
16th April 2009, 09:14

Their web page (http://bullion.nwtmint.com/silver_panam.php) says they buy at Bid.

Maybe that is only for their own products?

OutlawJoseyWalesJr
19th April 2009, 00:49
If you have any 1970's silver bars in your stack then what you might want to do is check ebay to see what some of those '70 bars are going for on ebay. Those 1970's bars tend to do well on ebay. It just depends on the 1970's bar.