PDA

View Full Version : What I hate about all this tax day talk...

cowboycarl04
15th April 2009, 12:18
1) Taxes

2) Fox News getting their corporate teeth in this peaceful protest of big government spending and most making it sound ridiculous. "Tea bagging" is now a big slang they are using, and those knowing the double nasty meaning of this phrase gets it.

3) The far left throwing in Pro-Obama rallies to "defend against the hate groups and the party of no." We are having a few in the Dallas area today.

4) The fact that the most powerful man in the world had the "audacity" to stand up on the world stage and proclaim that we must spend and bailout or we are in big trouble.

5) How Ron Paul calling the president on economic Fascist on CNN yesterday will probably be used to discredit everything he has done so far.

6) - 15) taxes... taxes... taxes..

16) I want less taxes so I can buy more PMs.

cowboycarl04
15th April 2009, 12:28
17) The government spin on this: but I gave you a tax cut. Taxes are just a small issue here...

President Obama said this today:

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Obliquely answering the hundreds of "tea bag" protests around the country on tax day, President Barack Obama said Wednesday that he's already delivered the most progressive tax cut in history, with 95% of families getting a tax break in every paycheck. Obama said Americans need a "government that is working to create jobs and opportunity for them, rather than simply giving more and more to those at the very top in the false hope that wealth will trickle down."

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Obama-tea-baggers-Ive-already/story.aspx?guid=%7B32FCFD07%2DD1EC%2D4D5B%2D9232%2 D80B7EE243FC5%7D

PSUDave
15th April 2009, 21:18
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Obliquely answering the hundreds of "tea bag" protests around the country on tax day, President Barack Obama said Wednesday that he's already delivered the most progressive tax cut in history, with 95% of families getting a tax break in every paycheck. Obama said Americans need a "government that is working to create jobs and opportunity for them, rather than simply giving more and more to those at the very top in the false hope that wealth will trickle down."

That's great. I haven't even noticed that huge tax cut I got. What, $15 a week? Woo hoo, party time. Make it look like I'm getting something, then raise every other tax, toll, and fee out there.

Katwoman
15th April 2009, 22:26
That's great. I haven't even noticed that huge tax cut I got. What, $15 a week? Woo hoo, party time. Make it look like I'm getting something, then raise every other tax, toll, and fee out there.

Spot on. This tax reduction thing is a joke. I am so sick and tired of paying taxes for government services I never benefit from. I pay excise tax on my cars, gasoline taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, state and federal income taxes, plus fees for my drivers license, hunting license, and auto registration. Out of all of these the only one I do not mind paying is for the hunting license because at least that money goes directly toward supporting conservation lands which I actually use and this is my choice.

Every other tax I pay I had no voice in the establishment of or the decision to pay or not to pay. What ever happened to freedom from taxation without representation? Who is representing me? My wishes and needs are not being met, represented, our even acknowledged so why should I have to pay anything?

Leave my second amendment rights alone and I will sign a waiver vowing never to call the police for help.

Stop taxing my property and I promise never to complain about not having public education for my kids.

In fact if they would stop taxing me period and I would promise never to complain about anything they don't do.

But since they insist on taxing me I promise to become the biggest pain in the ass they ever dreamed of!!!

SeekrBrnEvryMin
15th April 2009, 22:56
You go, lady. If you ever get somewhere with your constitutionally-elected representatives, do clue us in as to how it's done.

maplesilverbug
16th April 2009, 02:21
I read recently, don't know where, that some municipalities are now instating taxes/fees for accidents etc. to help cover their deficits. The article stated a woman got into a car accident and police/ambulance/fire showed up...and she received a $300+ "bill" in the mail shortly after -- for "accident tax". Nice.

Any bets on when water rates go sky high? Or when an 'air tax' is introduced ("You're using our air space to breath!")?

silversurfer1
16th April 2009, 07:11
I attended one of the Tea Party's yesterday and thought it was very worthwhile and should continue. Americans have got to get their heads out of the sand and get very angry about what the government is doing to this country. Obama is a joke - he is controlled by the international banking cartels - it's so obvious.

Katwoman
16th April 2009, 07:38
I attended one of the Tea Party's yesterday and thought it was very worthwhile and should continue. Americans have got to get their heads out of the sand and get very angry about what the government is doing to this country. Obama is a joke - he is controlled by the international banking cartels - it's so obvious.

Spot on but so was Bush and nearly every President since Teddy Roosevelt except Eisenhower. I would even go so far as crediting Kennedy for having "died trying" but I would have been a lot more impressed if he lived and succeeded. He obviously was too naive to appreciate just how much power the banks already had.

Ron Paul clearly is willing to take the risks but Newt Gengrich while vocal yesterday knows that unless the people get more angry any president who runs in opposition to the banks will face a formidable foe.

As Americans we need to get out there and get angry. We need to put the fear of God in the power brokers who will try to intimidate honest congressional and presidential candidates. We need to take to the streets and let the bankers know that if they threaten or try to buy our candidates they will face the wrath of Americans who will put liberty before pseudo prosperity based on mounting debt.

Our silence is their greatest ally.

Be silent no more.

Big spending + big government = big problems for the little people

My Pants Are Cold
16th April 2009, 21:46
Spot on. This tax reduction thing is a joke. I am so sick and tired of paying taxes for government services I never benefit from. I pay excise tax on my cars, gasoline taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, state and federal income taxes, plus fees for my drivers license, hunting license, and auto registration. Out of all of these the only one I do not mind paying is for the hunting license because at least that money goes directly toward supporting conservation lands which I actually use and this is my choice.

Every other tax I pay I had no voice in the establishment of or the decision to pay or not to pay. What ever happened to freedom from taxation without representation? Who is representing me? My wishes and needs are not being met, represented, our even acknowledged so why should I have to pay anything?

Leave my second amendment rights alone and I will sign a waiver vowing never to call the police for help.

Stop taxing my property and I promise never to complain about not having public education for my kids.

In fact if they would stop taxing me period and I would promise never to complain about anything they don't do.

But since they insist on taxing me I promise to become the biggest pain in the ass they ever dreamed of!!!

If they drop the gasoline tax do you promise to NOT drive on any roads this tax helps support?

other1z
17th April 2009, 00:58
3) The far left throwing in Pro-Obama rallies to "defend against the hate groups and the party of no." We are having a few in the Dallas area today.

This is a bit out of context, in my opinion. While there may indeed have been some pro-Obama rallies, there were also pro GOP parties, pro Ron Paul parties, and pro-"insert so and so here" parties.

At the same time, the opinion was that the far right was the only group of partisan folks tea-bagging the streets on tax day. This is FAR from the truth, and in fact, one of the biggest successes that I see coming from the day was the amount of partisan fraternizing that took place in the streets. The protests were less about partisanship, and more about the protest of unfair taxation, regardless of party. I was extremely pleased to see a huge mix of GOP, Dems, Libertarians and Greens at the norCal gatherings. It was about coming together, not trashing your neighbor.

For ANY cause to succeed in America, it will take breaking a party line, and binding together for said cause, regardless of who is standing next to you.

JesterJay
17th April 2009, 01:04
I'll just keep driving on the sidewalk.
Jay

If they drop the gasoline tax do you promise to NOT drive on any roads this tax helps support?

fansubs_ca
17th April 2009, 03:39
I'll just keep driving on the sidewalk.
Jay

That's what I do but then I "drive" a 40 Lb. "vehicle" with no motor
at a speed that varies between 3 and 15 MPH as conditions warrant.
;) (Yes, with all the locks my bicycles typically weigh in at 40 lbs.)

Whenever anyone tries to compare my bicycle to a car I usually bring
up the weight argument saying that if me on my bike count as a vehicle
anybody that weighs more than 40 lbs. more than me should themselves
be counted as a vehicle and strap a plate to their ass. After all they
exceed the combined mass of me and my bike. ;)