PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Buying Cheap Mining Stocks?

rush2112
10th October 2014, 10:22
I am, picked out half a dozen to play with, made $150 so far since September 01.

Here's my picks:

Sirios Resources Inc. SOI TSX-V

Seabridge Gold SEA TSX

St.Andrew SAS TSX

Northern Gold Mining NGM TSX-V

Moneta Porcupine Mines ME TSX-V

Calico Resources Corp. CKB TSX-V

Palliser Oil & Gas PXL TSX-V

Sold Dios Exploration Inc. for a small profit.

Seabridge Gold owns a large deposit of copper and gold in B.C. Canada and is trading near 52 week lows so may be a good buy. Not a penny stock like most the others.

chroNick
15th October 2014, 13:58
Congratulations. All of your stocks are down as of today.

rush2112
16th October 2014, 16:15
Congratulations. All of your stocks are down as of today.

Members here can check the date I posted my list and the current price of SEA.

Been up $1.50 since I posted.

Someone is lying and it's not me.

You convicted yourself.

Yes, my one oil stock took a beating but who cares.

What a pathetic liar of a man you are.

jimi
19th October 2014, 22:27
rush2112, good job! When your money in / money out hits a decent percentage take a profit. In response to your question. Yes! Last year, I picked up shares of Vanguard Precious Metals and Mining. I do think that TPTB are looking to run these outfits into the ground and then buy them pennies on the dollar. All the while telling everyone the entire sector is worthless.

rush2112
22nd October 2014, 11:20
rush2112, good job! When your money in / money out hits a decent percentage take a profit. In response to your question. Yes! Last year, I picked up shares of Vanguard Precious Metals and Mining. I do think that TPTB are looking to run these outfits into the ground and then buy them pennies on the dollar. All the while telling everyone the entire sector is worthless.

I do my research and sticking to mostly small miners producing ounces but even they can not get a break.

Investors do not want to hear about good results, they want super good results regardless of who is behind the curtain.

I guess they have lost so much money with promises that did not pan out and have left the sector.

I do like the results of Sirios Resources Inc. [SOI TSX]

The last press release regarding the latest drilling results and visible gold is rather impressive.

I will be buying more as the drilling continues.

rush2112
27th October 2014, 11:56
Taking a beating today.

I'm not however folding my hand.

Gold has to come from somewhere, Swiss vote may be the light at the end of the tunnel.

broox419
12th January 2015, 00:18
I would stay away from copper miners. I think that copper is going to get below $2 a pound so I am waiting there. There are also a bunch of rare earth producers getting their asses kick the most prominent Molycorp (MCP). They are the only rare earth producer that I know of in the U.S. The stock was pumped up to a price of over $70 and is now trading at about $0.60 a share. I get the feeling they are headed to bankruptcy due to more debt management but I am still eyeing that one closely.

rush2112
20th January 2015, 16:33

I hope you did not fold your hand on that precious metals fund with last weeks gains in gold.

Perhaps it's time to cash out and buy some 100 oz. bars for yourself.

If things get really bad, it will be like one those candy scrambles you enjoyed as a child.

gollumthegreat
20th January 2015, 17:37
Only a few things put me off speculating in Mining Stocks;
Privatisation.
Illiquidity in those Small Caps.
And those pesky parasitic middlemen who skim any profits for tapping a few keys.

rush2112
21st January 2015, 10:45
Privatisation.
And those pesky parasitic middlemen who skim any profits for tapping a few keys.

I personally hate the ones that pay insiders a finders fee for loans.

Due diligence, research of board members and CEO's is important.

rush2112
26th January 2015, 14:53
Privatisation.

I found out last week one of my gold stocks sold off it's lifetime production for $400 oz. to Silver Wheaton in exchange for funds to get the mine going.

My fault for not doing proper due diligence.

Streaming is what the mining industry calls it.

Getting screwed is what I call it but these type of announcements are always portrayed as positive.

I took a minor loss and got out.

rush2112
27th January 2015, 17:59
Privatisation.

Lots of action in mining stocks these days.

If you get in and get out at the proper times, your have free groceries for the month with the profits from one trade.

I am however still stinging from that one oil stock in my portfolio that went from 20 cents to .02 cents in a matter of weeks.

Rubicon Minerals RMX-TSX or RBY on the American exchange will be a winner.