PDA

View Full Version : Product: Anti-Microbial Silver Gel

jimi
9th May 2014, 07:40
Hey folks, yesterday, I stopped by my local CVS looking for some non-drowsy allergy relief options. No, I didn't find a silver product that promised to provide allergy relief, but I discovered Anti-Microbial Silver Gel.

According to the product facts, "Barrier to MRSA claim is based on testing that determined the Anti-Microbial Silver Gel prevented the growth of bacteria, including MRSA, in bacterial colonies in a controlled laboratory culture plate.

At $8 bucks this 0.5 tube of gel is:

Ideal for 1st and 2nd degree burns
Long lasting, up to 3 days
Barrier to germs for burns, cuts & scrapes

and contains silver chloride and/or silver nitrate.

valerb
12th May 2014, 03:33
Hey folks, yesterday, I stopped by my local CVS looking for some non-drowsy allergy relief options. No, I didn't find a silver product that promised to provide allergy relief, but I discovered Anti-Microbial Silver Gel.

According to the product facts, "Barrier to MRSA claim is based on testing that determined the Anti-Microbial Silver Gel prevented the growth of bacteria, including MRSA, in bacterial colonies in a controlled laboratory culture plate.

At $8 bucks this 0.5 tube of gel is:

• Ideal for 1st and 2nd degree burns
• Long lasting, up to 3 days
• Barrier to germs for burns, cuts & scrapes

and contains silver chloride and/or silver nitrate.

Does anyone know how this would compare to Silver Sulfadiazine cream, which was still a prescription product the last time I got a tube.

The only thing I can find out about this product is, it's made of Sulfadiazine

I hate to keep asking my MD for something just to have on hand, if I can buy something that's equal or even better over the counter.