PDA

View Full Version : Buy, sell, then buy back.

macho trader
20th March 2008, 13:17
Anyone doubting themselves yet . lol. ????????

Bulls make money, Bears make money, chickens make nothing.
Its the pigs and lambs that get slaughtered, and im niether.
Macho trader by name and macho trading IS my game.

chux03
20th March 2008, 16:24
Anyone doubting themselves yet . lol. ????????

Not one bit. I know my silver that was recently purchased, when blended in to all of my sub $10 ounces that I've owned for years, well, I'm FINE, just like my silver. If you think I just jumped into this fire last week, guess again. I'm betting most here are (like myself) LONG TERM holders of silver and also are in possession of many sub $10 ounces, making this nothing more than a bump in the road and a GREAT BIG BUYING OPPORTUNITY. Truthfully? I can't believe what I'm seeing, a shortage in physical silver and the price going down. But I'll find some to buy somewhere!!

Unless you're buying I wouldn't be crowing too loud...not to this crowd here.

ADUB
20th March 2008, 16:47
I bought today like crazy and managed to pick up 5-100oz bars. I thought I was done buying. I bought way back when too. I couldn't resist today with all the blood in the streets.

macho trader
20th March 2008, 17:13
Now please guys dont take me wrong, we are all long term bullish on silver arnt we ?
What im saying is that my stratergy was to buy and then sell when the price looked like collapsing so that i could rebuy then at lower levels in order to maximize my profit pottential. Whats wrong with that. Most of you guys just buy and hold. Well, when will you sell? Have you got a target price ? or are you just in love with massaging your bars and playing with then as if they were a sexy lady . lol .
Buy , sell on weakness then buy back and make more. I made on the rise, and on the fall with puts and now gonna get back in long.
Profits, profits, profits, thats what its all about.
Put your cash , where it pays , move it around, make it work , maximize , maximize ,maximize.

Bulls make money, Bears make money, chickens make nothing,
Its the lambs and the pigs that get slaughtered and im niether.
Macho trader by name and macho trading IS my game. :D:D:D

JesterJay
20th March 2008, 18:12
"Someone" is dancing with the devil!

JesterJay

Now please guys dont take me wrong, we are all long term bullish on silver arnt we ?
What im saying is that my stratergy was to buy and then sell when the price looked like collapsing so that i could rebuy then at lower levels in order to maximize my profit pottential. Whats wrong with that. Most of you guys just buy and hold. Well, when will you sell? Have you got a target price ? or are you just in love with massaging your bars and playing with then as if they were a sexy lady . lol .
Buy , sell on weakness then buy back and make more. I made on the rise, and on the fall with puts and now gonna get back in long.
Profits, profits, profits, thats what its all about.
Put your cash , where it pays , move it around, make it work , maximize , maximize ,maximize.

Bulls make money, Bears make money, chickens make nothing,
Its the lambs and the pigs that get slaughtered and im niether.
Macho trader by name and macho trading IS my game. :D:D:D

TTAZZMAN
20th March 2008, 18:39
Macho

what your doing is ok tradeing on paper or iffffffff

you have a large local stocking dealer you can work with that wont raise the premiums when the price drops ...and lower the premiums when the price is up

and is open 24/7

and you have your stuff loaded up in the truck ready to go cause the loading and driveing time could cost you plenty and vise versa you know he will have stock and you can get to him quick with a truck.

our local dealers was selling 10oz bars for 205 with a spot of 16.83 and i didnt price them but im sure when silver was 21 they were only paying 205 for a bar......lotta work for nothing

etc.

personally i limit what i call tradeing to my paper assetts...spot is spot one click in ....one click out

chux03
20th March 2008, 21:02
"Most of you guys just buy and hold. Well, when will you sell? Have you got a target price ? or are you just in love with massaging your bars and playing with then as if they were a sexy lady . lol . "

That's true but only because we're old(er) fellas that have been around awhile who've purchased silver over the years waiting for what all of us are waiting for right now...the perfect opportunity to sell my/our silver at a nice tidy profit. When will I sell?? Here's one possibility:

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/laborde/laborde031808.html

Now if you're saying that the days of buying and holding forever are gone, that you can trade in and out while still making some money, I'll agree with that too. Holding any commodity could be hazardous to your financial health especially if you miss the high point. But if it seems like a lot of us have done the buy and hold dealy-bob, we have only because we've been in this game FOR YEARS and we're still waiting for many more rea$ons to sell, just like you are doing. Though the styles may be different, we're all after the same thing...unloading our silver at a much higher price than we paid. A multiple of 5 would be nice!!

silverbuggy
20th March 2008, 21:10
" A multiple of 5 would be nice!!

lets wait and see IF it gets above 17 again...

chux03
20th March 2008, 21:34
Read this and pay particular attention to the part about gold & silver:

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/willie/willie032008.html

Here's some sample paragraphs:

"The gold price will not stop at the $1000 milestone. The silver price will not stop at the $20 milestone, and will vastly outperform gold. The crude oil price might go below the $100 milestone briefly, but will return and shoot past the century mark. No no no!!! All are heading much higher, because the banking problem is not to be soon fixed, the bond problem is not to be soon fixed, the economy is not to be soon fixed, household distress is not to be soon fixed. Maybe none can be fixed, even as money thrown at the problem accelerates parabolically. The limited power of USFed solutions, and limited arsenal of devices to treat the problem, will ensure that monetary inflation will be the main tool.

All that administered inflation means much more gains to gold, silver, and even crude oil. Bigger problems than rising gold, silver, and crude oil come if Consumer Price Inflation starts to grow without bounds. The USTreasury Bond market will suffer heart attacks, the beneficiary being gold, silver, and crude oil!!!

Remarkably, when the USFed was about to predictably cut the official interest rate again, gold mysteriously got hit on Monday. On the day of the rate cut Tuesday and the following day Wednesday, gold got hit again and the USDollar rallied. The Boyz were busy. The smackdown of gold under $950 and of silver under $19 only managed to remove and cleanse these two important metals markets of their overbought situation. The Boyz have cleared the path for gold to reach $1100 and for silver to reach $26. Nothing has been solved yet on most critical battle fronts. The bigger moves up are yet to come!"

Of course, this is just one opinion but I'm more inclined to think that something like what he's written is probably the way things will go as so far, he HAS been spot on on his assesments.

"If it goes above $17 again"....HA!!
Dude... it's not IF it's going to $17, it's WHEN it's going and $17 will SOON be a distant memory though I'm not predicting a time and date.

silverbuggy
20th March 2008, 21:43
"If it goes above $17 again"....HA!!
Dude... it's not IF it's going to $17, it's WHEN it's going and $17 will SOON be a distant memory though I'm not predicting a time and date.

i read the article and I wonder why not everybody on this planet has invested in Gold and silver if both were soooooooooooooo good and offering such a great return in the future.

be aware: dont get caught in the hype! it happened so often in the past.

TTAZZMAN
20th March 2008, 22:48
silverbuggy....i agree with you on one thing for sure (lotta hype on this board)

and ...at sometime it may and probably will stop being a good investment

but.....since i got in the market (no hype back then everyone thought it was a dog) back 2002-2003
silver has returned double digit gains EVERY YEAR i havent checked the average gain but i guess its over 30% ive seen this up-down market crap for years

when will the gains be over?...probably right after all thoooooooooooooooooose people that dont think its a good investment now change their minds

other things that might change the gains picture are...

massive new suppy
the government suddenly becomeing fiscally responsible
a massive depression to where no one can afford silver anyway because none of them have jobs
to name a few
suddenly a better place to store wealth emerges