PDA

View Full Version : commercials on tv about gold and silver

eyoung
24th March 2009, 11:51
I've been seeing commercials on TV that say this is the perfect time to buy gold and silver.

I've seen other commercials on TV that say this is the perfect time to send in your gold and silver jewelry to get back big bucks.

Which is it? Time to buy or sale?

DuaneLuk
24th March 2009, 12:08
Yes. REMEMBER SAVING IS ONLY DELAYED SPENDING.

hiyosilver
24th March 2009, 12:29
It's time to quit watching TV and pay attention to what's happening in the real world. The answer will be easy then.

pmstacker
24th March 2009, 13:02
Well lets see here.

They want you (the common man) to sell your gold and silver (most likely the only real store of value you have) to them (a major corperation) for hard cash (paper money with an ever decreasing value). They (a major corperation) are running television ads that cost millions (in paper money) to accumulate your gold and silver holdings (with increasing value).

Does any of this make sense? They are making big bucks off your stupidity and greed. They will give you a quick buck to melt it down and resell it to investors at ridicoulus prices. I'm betting they pay a fraction of melt value and sell it back in bars at a premium over spot. Of course they have the money to pay for tv commercials, YOU are giving it to them. And so another corperation rapes you blind and you smile while buying little piddly **** like groceries or useless toys you have no intention on using, but bought because you have a few extra frns in your pocket burning a hole. Thats the america we love, thats the america the rest of the world loves.

eyoung
24th March 2009, 13:04
It's time to quit watching TV and pay attention to what's happening in the real world. The answer will be easy then.

Now that's funny! :p

eyoung
24th March 2009, 13:09
But then why is Gordan Liddy (spelling ?) on TV telling people to buy gold and silver. These TV adds cost just as much to produce.

ricm123
24th March 2009, 13:24
I've been seeing commercials on TV that say this is the perfect time to buy gold and silver.

I've seen other commercials on TV that say this is the perfect time to send in your gold and silver jewelry to get back big bucks.

Which is it? Time to buy or sale?

Those that advertise to buy pay way below spot.
Many that advertise to sell charge way above spot.
Some do both...
Some want to hook you into a "plan" to buy a little each month. Not a bad idea, but they charge outrageous premiums and horrible buy-back rates. (A recipie for their gains & your losses.)

Usually, when TV / Radio have lots of "Buy Gold Now" ads on the air you will soon see a drop in prices.

pmstacker
24th March 2009, 13:25
Depends, why is he on tv. Is he on tv selling something for a company or is he on tv because he has a show. If he is on tv because he has a show then he is paid to fill time between commercials. Its like a magazine, the reason the magazine has content is to fill the pages between the ads, the better the content the more you are likely to buy a copy thus supporting their advertisers and making them revenue. Its not rocket science, its economics 101. If he is on tv promoting a particular company, then he is paid by them to get you to do whatever they want you to do. Which in this case would be to sell your metals to them at crackhead prices so they can melt them down and charge investors a premium to buy it back from them.

eyoung
24th March 2009, 14:22
ricm123 thank you, I'm no longer as confused.

JesterJay
24th March 2009, 16:20
After you have written down your budget for bills and such and paid the aforementioned obligations, take the rest and go to your local coin shops and buy all the silver bullion and 90% silver coins that they have. IF at this point you still have money spend it on gold.
Starting in each case with the lowest premium/best deal you can get.
But do not hesitate.
The Quickening will be upon us sooner than you can say...
What the HELL was that?!?!
JesterJay

ricm123 thank you, I'm no longer as confused.

faithnotwork
26th March 2009, 05:40
I can remember lining up outside of the Midas shops in the late 70s / early 80's selling my silver. Not exactly sure of the year, but I clearly remember collecting all the pre 1965 coins that I could find and turning them in for more than face value. Now that was over 25 years or so ago, but still, I thought I was getting such a deal, and at the time maybe I was, but I was young and poor and needed the money.

Needless to say, had I kept them, they would be at 10x at least now.

There was a reason that there was a market buying silver coins then

There is a reason that there is a market buying gold now.

Very true. When there are people that are marketing to buy your precious metals, then its time to hold them tight. :cool:

hiyosilver
26th March 2009, 11:12
There was a reason that there was a market buying silver coins then

.....and there still is a reason there is a market buying silver coins now....