PDA

View Full Version : APMEX site down rush on physical?

TTAZZMAN
19th March 2008, 23:40
Earlyer APMEX's site was down....now its back up without the online ordering system and 5k minimums by phone...kind of smells like the start of a rush for physical silver

Here is Jason Hommels article today talks about others possibly short on physical in the bottom 1/3 of the article- all the while silver is down under 18 overseas-hmmm-scratching head-

http://www.silverstockreport.com/2008/low.html

anyone with orders out and having problems ???

daviswoodshop
20th March 2008, 00:19
anyone with orders out and having problems ???[/QUOTE]

Received email from APMEX stating my order of Eagles was being shipped 1-5 business days (normal)...I placed the order 3 days ago. Hope they get the site up and going soon....

Daveman
20th March 2008, 01:36
I don't know if this is the appropriate thread for my question, but I take it that Apmex is the place to buy silver for delivery?

Would anyone have any reason not to trust Apmex for a large purchase in the neighborhood of $80,000?

silverbuggy
20th March 2008, 01:52
anyone with orders out and having problems ???

Received email from APMEX stating my order of Eagles was being shipped 1-5 business days (normal)...I placed the order 3 days ago. Hope they get the site up and going soon....[/QUOTE]

yes thats normal. I dont know why most of the people here are so afraid of not getting their silver. Calm down guys...

chux03
20th March 2008, 03:22
I don't know if this is the appropriate thread for my question, but I take it that Apmex is the place to buy silver for delivery?

Would anyone have any reason not to trust Apmex for a large purchase in the neighborhood of $80,000?

They are a trustable, above board seller of precious metals that have been in business quite awhile. I've heard nothing but good things, so much so I have an account there too. Never a problem though they do charge a good (for them) premium if you use a credit card but that's about my only bitch...
It's one place to buy silver, there are some others that are as good though they may have a leg up on quantity orders. Remember, there's the $10k reporting cash transactions to the government routine so maybe you'd want to take a nice 3 day trip and see some of the coin shops in a neighboring state or two. Cash purchases of 4 or 5 grand, the coin shop guys are so busy they may not even remember you. In case you can't tell, I'm leary of our government for a number of reasons. It's none of their business how much silver I own or even that I have any.
I see the price right now is down some more to $17 and some change. So YES, this looks like a good dip with which to add some ounces.
I just read some article that mentioned that silver could be in short supply real quick. Large orders would be hard to fill etc, etc. If they think they're going to keep gold and silver down through more financial shenanigans like devaluing the dollar, lowering the interest rates and giving away more debt, er funny money to cure what ails us, I have a silver bar I'd like em to stroke!!

ADUB
22nd March 2008, 11:33
APMEX is good to go! I have been ordering with them for about 2 years. I placed an order for some eagles about 5 days ago, and an order for about 5-100oz bars on Thursday. They stay in touch with you to let you know how your order is going. My Eagles have already shipped, and I am awaiting confirmation on my bars.

ADUB
22nd March 2008, 11:36
Also, they are good for large orders. I placed a rather large order a while back. It may take a couple of weeks, but I was dealing with a storage facility.