PDA

View Full Version : To all the financial market idiots

Matthew Shelley
10th October 2012, 09:37
Who tell me they have a "system" or a "robot" or an "expert advisor(EA)" that can make me lots of money, and huge percentages.

Do you have a real money, audited, registered track record I can look at? How much money do you have under management?

If you do, why aren't Morgan and Goldman pounding on your door trying to shower you with millions, instead of you trying to squeeze nickels out of retail traders? And if you tell me that you are 'altruistic', all you are telling me is that you have no real experience in the markets.

If you don't, then you are just trying to sell me a load of fluff. The Ken Roberts scam from years ago centered on telling people fairy tales about how they could make millions "paper trading" and that that would translate into real trading. Any fool can make money trading imaginary money. As a matter of fact, when I would hear from a Ken Roberts victim who said he was having trouble making money "paper trading", I would have to clap my hand over the phone so they wouldn't be embarrassed by hearing me laughing.

You can sell me trading education. You can sell me facts. You can sell me news.

But don't try to sell me 'stories' that you think I will pay for because you think it's what I 'want to hear'.

silverheartbone
12th October 2012, 00:36
Mysterious Algorithm Was 4% of Trading Activity Last Week (http://www.cnbc.com/id/49333454)

or just plain brave, or an insider.