PDA

View Full Version : Gold and Silver Thoughts today

main1event
9th March 2009, 08:46
If gold and silver can hold these levels without tumbling, we stand a chance at visiting the highs this week. If we fall back, we will revisit the lows.

My gut tells me we are going higher, so that is the way I'm invested right now.

Of curious note, I bought AGQ last week at 40.40, it closed on friday under 42.00 today its up over $2.00, for what reason I have no idea but I like it and it gives me some room between here and the downside. :)

admthrwn
9th March 2009, 09:02
If gold and silver can hold these levels without tumbling, we stand a chance at visiting the highs this week. If we fall back, we will revisit the lows.

Of curious note, I bought AGQ last week at 40.40, it closed on friday under 42.00 today its up over $2.00, for what reason I have no idea but I like it and it gives me some room between here and the downside. :)

Thanks for clarifying that :-P

Android
9th March 2009, 09:15

Not looking good so far...:roll:

FBRCOLD
9th March 2009, 09:21
Looks like pm's are taking a freefall for the day. Just checked kitco and it is a straight down line.

main1event
9th March 2009, 09:21
No, its not but many times there is a shakeout before a breakout. I'm optimistic only because AGQ gave me some breathing room this morning.

Lets see how it closes.

main1event
9th March 2009, 09:34
If we take out this low of 90.70 in the GLD, I would move to the sidelines.

Lets hope gold heads back to its high.

main1event
9th March 2009, 09:53
PMs certainly look weak today, so perhaps it would be prudent to move to the sidelines. I'm going to stick around a bit.

Ancona
9th March 2009, 09:54
The charts ov er at Kitco are looking a lot like a takedown today. Unless tome banking tragedy is announced today, I think we are in for a down day. Flat line at best.

It always amazing that no matter how grim the economic news is, the silver and gold pits are down.

main1event
9th March 2009, 09:57
The charts ov er at Kitco are looking a lot like a takedown today. Unless tome banking tragedy is announced today, I think we are in for a down day. Flat line at best.

It always amazing that no matter how grim the economic news is, the silver and gold pits are down.

Of course you are right. I get peeved myself, but I just sit back and say okay, well that just gives me more time to buy. If silver goes back to $5.00 an ounce I'll still be buying. If I die collecting a hoard of silver, I'll pass it onto my children.

main1event
9th March 2009, 10:10
Something important to note today. Silver is outperforming Gold. Typically Silver is down more than Gold. On this latest move up I did notice that gold outperformed silver.

krispy
9th March 2009, 10:49
I ws hoping to make a sizable (for me) PM purchase ASAP, in fact checking prices right now....I wonder if it would be prudent to wait a day or two? would we be able to see and plan better by waiting until todays close for some indication of prices this week? every penny counts, sorta!

Thanks for any advice!

Android
9th March 2009, 10:57
I ws hoping to make a sizable (for me) PM purchase ASAP, in fact checking prices right now....I wonder if it would be prudent to wait a day or two? would we be able to see and plan better by waiting until todays close for some indication of prices this week? every penny counts, sorta!

Thanks for any advice!

Well.....my crystal ball says to wait, and then to buy, and they to wait, and then to buy....

Ardent Listener
9th March 2009, 11:17

Thanks for any advice!

I'll put it this way, if I were betting, I would bet silver is back in the $12s before it sees $14s again.

main1event
9th March 2009, 11:17
Well.....my crystal ball says to wait, and then to buy, and they to wait, and then to buy....

I just moved to the sidelines. Wait and see if support holds. It has not so far for silver.

Cramer did it.

jason
9th March 2009, 11:23
Main

I take it you mean last weeks lows and not the low of $8-9

Looking at the weekly silver chart and the pin bar that it formed looks strong to me whats your take main??

jason

Ardent Listener
9th March 2009, 11:26
I just moved to the sidelines. Wait and see if support holds. It has not so far for silver.

Cramer did it.

Yep, he did it. ;)

I think that maybe the stock market may surpirse everyone with a rally against the shorts. If so, I don't have a clue as to how high or long it would run. But precious metals just don't appear to be exciting investors.

rasputin
9th March 2009, 11:55
Today is a signature of the banks manipulating (JP Morgan) the silver price. Just look at the drop off price at 9:30, then again at 11:00, just a straight drop.

OI is dropping again also, so far we are down to 92,000 in silver.

Remember, today is Monday, mondays have been down the past 2 months, AND tomorrow is Tuesday, the COT cut off

Raz

jason
9th March 2009, 12:07
the shakeout before the breakout??

Argentum
9th March 2009, 12:09
I usually don't comment to much on if and when I buy, but last week was birthday week so I was buying (other reasons too :p ) This week I'm in a holding pattern... whatever a holding pattern is.... in any case I'm not running around in a chicken w/head cut off pattern, which, is often the case.

Now this is just my feeling...everyone is confused... no fear, no greed, I'm just getting that limp feeling. No direction. Even a 40+ billion merger in pharma is not getting party hats.... so that means a flat line is a win for metal but decline is usually what happens. So that's my dime for the day. Wait and see.

ANGRYITCH
9th March 2009, 12:17
Turn that frown upside down...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/angry-itch/6f7f5f5e-1.gif

Ardent Listener
9th March 2009, 12:22
I usually don't comment to much on if and when I buy, but last week was birthday week so I was buying (other reasons too :p ) This week I'm in a holding pattern... whatever a holding pattern is.... in any case I'm not running around in a chicken w/head cut off pattern, which, is often the case.

Now this is just my feeling...everyone is confused... no fear, no greed, I'm just getting that limp feeling. No direction. Even a 40+ billion merger in pharma is not getting party hats.... so that means a flat line is a win for metal but decline is usually what happens. So that's my dime for the day. Wait and see.

And if us, the hard core, are in a hold why should we expect Joe investor to jump in right now? Long term I'm bullish, but I don't think I can take the crying around here if we see $10 silver again. If we see ten those who say they will back up the truck now, will then be waiting for $8. I'll just go on vacation.

If we don't see a decent silver rally this spring then at best all we can hope for is a flat silver market this summer.

ascentient
9th March 2009, 12:43
Screw it, I just bought more ASE's. Getting them below $20 an ounce seems like a good deal and they are about $18.50 including shipping at APMEX. Buy the dips...

hiyosilver
9th March 2009, 13:45
THANKS FOR THE GIFTS JPM! Keep up the "good" work! I'll throw a party when you die.....:)

research24
9th March 2009, 17:22
Something important to note today. Silver is outperforming Gold. Typically Silver is down more than Gold. On this latest move up I did notice that gold outperformed silver.

I see nothing unusual about that in the last two months.