PDA

View Full Version : Where do you go to sell?

genesayssitdown
14th March 2008, 19:02
Hey, first time poster.

Not that I'm looking to, but I never have before. Where do you typically go to sell your silver, do you do it online or do you know of dealers in your area?

Thanks!
Gene

LETMYSILVERGO
14th March 2008, 21:39
Hey, first time poster.

Not that I'm looking to, but I never have before. Where do you typically go to sell your silver, do you do it online or do you know of dealers in your area?

Thanks!
Gene

lQQk ON EBAY.

JesterJay
14th March 2008, 21:55
Yup,
Spot plus a few BUCKS on ebay. Sometimes more. Do your homework and you can get the small bullion mark-up at your local coin shop and get a HUGE premium on ebay.

I have just sold a bunch of my PRETTY silver* and done quite well on things I paid spot or just above for back at $14-17 per t.o.
User name is jesterjayinsd if you want to see what I had. I don't know a heck of a bunch about the PM's but am learning every day and am fairly good at sniffing out Bargains locally.

I know what I like and it rhymes with.... uh, heck what rhymes with Silver?
JesterJay

* PRETTY silver is stuff like the big shiny coins that bring anywhere from 20% to 100% more than melt value. Show off coins, Franklin or Washington or Singapore Mint, and that type o metals. Check out that pound penny I sold just last weekend. Cool ONE POUND pure Copper coin. Did well there.

Hey, first time poster.

Thanks!
Gene

chux03
15th March 2008, 01:35
Who sells?? I'll mention (though I probably shouldn't) that I sold about $4000 worth last June to start my silver mining stock addiction....I mean hobby. I was pretty O.K. with it too as I have done...O.K. But when I see where I sold at (high $12's) and where it's at today, that doesn't look too...smart. I know, I know. I will say this: I DIDN'T SELL IT ALL. I kept around 100 ounces and those were CHEAP sub $10 ounces too. So, I've been buying (like crazy) to get the stash back up to stash quantities, all the while averaging down the price of these recently aquired high priced ounces.
While I mentioned that I felt like a coin counter as compared to a silver investor, there's no sight like hindsight in now knowing that may have not been the smartest thing I've ever done. But it always comes back to the three words we've all heard when it comes to our investments: WHO COULD'VE KNOWN??

LETMYSILVERGO
16th March 2008, 14:03
Hello Guys,

What are your views on " SAFE DEPOSIT BOX vs HOME SAFE Bolted to the basement floor?

Thanks.

"If you Ain't got it, You Can't keep it"

JesterJay
16th March 2008, 16:52
TOP TEN reasons to keep your silver in your own safe.

10. It's in YOUR safe, therefore it IS yours.
9. If it is in someone else's hands, it may not actually be there. They gave you the key, right?
8. When it is time to sell, no one else knows you are "withdrawing".
7. I like the term, "safe". It applies to good things in softball and precious metals ownership.
6. No one has to KNOW you have a safe bolted to your basement floor.
5. Lot's of people know when you have something in a (not-so) safe deposit box.
4. Give a key to your favorite heirs. No messy probate for them to wade through.
3. Makes it easier to play monopoly when the kids abscond the "play money"*
* Not to be confused with FRNs.
2. Tough to keep an "eye" on a box locked away in a bank.
1. If you ain't GOT it. You don't GET it!

JesterJay

Hello Guys,

What are your views on " SAFE DEPOSIT BOX vs HOME SAFE Bolted to the basement floor?

Thanks.

"If you Ain't got it, You Can't keep it"

LETMYSILVERGO
16th March 2008, 17:43
You never know what you don't know.
And I don't what kind of stratigic metal laws W is cooking up.

I'll start my stelthy withdraw on monday.

thanks again.

Irons
16th March 2008, 18:07
I just found out saturday from a nice old custom jeweler guy all the silver and gold you sell to a middleman in Michigan and surrounding areas all gos to
a PM refinery in detroit.Its processed then all of it is shipped to china.
All of it.
The refinery does not care who you are, its not a club, they pay that days spot price period, no "spread".
There is a 40% bucket, a 90% bucket and a .999 bucket.
No glitz no glamor, they don't care if it says US eagle, engelhard or santa claus.
get the picture?
there is no glamor silver or gold, if you want to sell at a premimum try ebay.
To the big buyers its pure or not, thats it.

JesterJay
16th March 2008, 18:13
THAT's exactly why I don't sell to CHINA!
If I have something that should bring a premium, I sell it on ebay and buy more silver with the rewards of my scroungerismness.
There are plenty of people out there who WILL pay a premium for PRETTY. And I will sell to them.
Mind you, I don't PAY premium. I buy bargains. IF I can turn a profit and convert to MORE silver. Hey! Great for me.
Ya'll should try it,
JesterJay

There is a 40% bucket, a 90% bucket and a .999 bucket.
No glitz no glamor, they don't care if it says US eagle, engelhard or santa claus.
To the big buyers its pure or not, thats it.

Irons
16th March 2008, 19:10
THAT's exactly why I don't sell to CHINA!
If I have something that should bring a premium, I sell it on ebay and buy more silver with the rewards of my scroungerismness.
There are plenty of people out there who WILL pay a premium for PRETTY. And I will sell to them.
Mind you, I don't PAY premium. I buy bargains. IF I can turn a profit and convert to MORE silver. Hey! Great for me.
Ya'll should try it,
JesterJay

It is a good thing people do hang on to the pretty items, because now I know what happens to everything that go's into the general market.
Heck I'm suprised so many items survived the last big meltdown.

paker
16th March 2008, 19:11
My bank clearly states if you have something in a safety deposit box there is NO insurance on the contents. If someone gets in it and takes the contents tough noogie.

paker
16th March 2008, 19:16
6. No one has to KNOW you have a safe bolted to your basement floor.

It kinda hard to be stealthy moving a safe of and decent size into your house without someone noticing.

JesterJay
16th March 2008, 19:47
I bought mine after dark on a Sunday night. NO ONE around. Used cash so no paper trail. I hauled it into the house at 1 am. Circled the city clockwise twice, counterclockwise twice. criss-crossed streets til I was certain NO ONE was following me.
And NO one is the wiser,
StealthmeisterJesterJay

It kinda hard to be stealthy moving a safe of and decent size into your house without someone noticing.

waynetheking
16th March 2008, 22:58
don't kick yourself in the head! you can still make money with this metal and your all the more wizer now! good lesson learned and this knowledge you have will pay BIG dividends later!!

Husker
17th March 2008, 21:43
I bought mine after dark on a Sunday night. NO ONE around. Used cash so no paper trail. I hauled it into the house at 1 am. Circled the city clockwise twice, counterclockwise twice. criss-crossed streets til I was certain NO ONE was following me.
And NO one is the wiser,
StealthmeisterJesterJay

That was pretty cloak and dagger of you.

JesterJay
17th March 2008, 23:55
The Blue Bird Flies at Midnight.*
JesterJay
*Stealth talk for, "Huh, Do I know you. And why is your hand in my attache?".

That was pretty cloak and dagger of you.