PDA

View Full Version : Flip Silver For Gold

SilverFreak
14th March 2008, 16:17
Hello All,

I have been reading this site for a week or so now and decided to join. I have to say it is a great place to read up on the happenings of silver and the pm markets.

I am fairly new to the whole bullion investment idea as I have only been collecting silver for just over a year. However I have been able to get a good understanding of things and have caught the fever huge. I have been able to accumalate a fair amount of silver.

I have been reading alot about people saying that a person should flip silver for gold as the ratio closes. Why is this?

I have also been wondering if it is best to pay a little more per oz if I can buy the silver private with no paper trail.

Thanks

JesterJay
14th March 2008, 20:43
AgFreak,
A person should flip silver for gold as soon as they think the ratio is closing. A closing ratio means the one doing the closing is returning a higher rate than the one it is closing in on.
Flip it NOW before you only get 40 ounces silver for 1 oz gold. It is currently 48.5 ounces silver for one ounce gold.
Buying local with no paper trail is a great idea.
Cash and Carry as it were!
And carry your (stealth transport) silver in a paper bag without any logos on it:p,
JesterJay

Hello All,

I have been reading alot about people saying that a person should flip silver for gold as the ratio closes. Why is this?

I have also been wondering if it is best to pay a little more per oz if I can buy the silver private with no paper trail.

Thanks

SilverFreak
16th March 2008, 18:03
Thanks for the input JJ.

Also for clarification when talking about flipping. There are people who were flipping their silver to gold, not gold to silver.

I was just curious as to why people do it, from your reply I think you thought I was talking about flipping some gold to silver.

But basically from what you said I get a general idea why. As the ratios change you can grow your stash based on the differences in ratios.

And yeah, you better believe I don't advertise when I am carrying any silver around. I came out of the shop where I buy with $5300 in silver the other day... man was i paranoid walking to my car.. lol

SF

SilverTrees
17th March 2008, 22:33
FLIP GOLD FOR SILVER AND GET READY FOR THE SILVER ROCKET!!! JUST WAIT UNTIL THERE IS 10X MORE GOLD THAN SILVER....:cool: