PDA

View Full Version : Buying silver online

paker
11th March 2008, 05:34
Has anyone bought silver from apmex.com? I'm looking at this in order to bypass the tax I'd pay buying silver locally. That way I could buy more silver :D

JesterJay
11th March 2008, 16:32
Here in South Dakota we only recently adopted a new law DELETING taxes from the sale of coins and bullion.
Thank God,
JesterJay

Has anyone bought silver from apmex.com? I'm looking at this in order to bypass the tax I'd pay buying silver locally. That way I could buy more silver :D

waynetheking
11th March 2008, 18:52
i think it go's state by state, i have bought many products from them and never had a tax bill. i live in TEXAS!!

paker
11th March 2008, 21:16
:DWOOT!

"As of July 1, 1999 there is no longer any Florida sales tax on foreign coins or bullion purchased in amounts over $500. All legal tender US coins are also free from state sales tax. There is no tax on coins or bullion of any kind that is shipped out of state. You may now invest in gold and silver just as you would invest in the stock market. "

I live in Florida

JesterJay
11th March 2008, 21:20
There IS a God.
Jay

:DWOOT!

"As of July 1, 1999 there is no longer any Florida sales tax on foreign coins or bullion purchased in amounts over $500. All legal tender US coins are also free from state sales tax. There is no tax on coins or bullion of any kind that is shipped out of state. You may now invest in gold and silver just as you would invest in the stock market. "

I live in Florida

silvestor
11th March 2008, 21:30
Hello paker
I have not had any previous experience with apmex but I have been Buying Selling AND Trading precious metals on bulliondirect.com for 2 years now.
They are located in Texas . Its nice because they have an area on the site where you can buy or sell to other members (its called nucleo exchange) Of course everything goes through BullionDirect but they only charge a 1% commission on all buy or sell orders .
If you purchase through their catalog there is no commision fees.
Also there are no member fees. You can also store what you have purchased, on the site, in their vault. Until you have accumulated enough to warrant delivery. I wait until I have enough to offset the FedEx charges.
Very trustworthy definitely check them out :cool: and pass on the word. Thanks

chux03
11th March 2008, 21:54
I have an account there and have dealt with them in the past. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. They update their website often, have reasonable premiums added to their precious metals and ship quick. I also have some friends that are customers as well and have never heard a bad word from them about APMEX. They have an ever changing inventory/website that's updated daily and have just about any size/denomination of precious metal you could possibly want.
All in all, a reputable, honest dealer that's worthy of your support...

www.apmex.com

paker
12th March 2008, 04:26
Thanks all! With that little bit of info I'll give my local dealer, Hauser's Coins, a closer look at their prices.

TTAZZMAN
13th March 2008, 22:48
bought a lot from Apmex

they have a good online order system 24/7 which is rare IE you can order a product on sunday night if you want

they also have order tracking online

you will pay a big premium if you use a credit card

but cash equivilants ship cheap, look at check hold times

they seem to be under market for smaller orders and some orders go for under 1% over spot

i notice they use the high side of spot

i had one order with a coin holder case that was cracked they promptly replaced it no hastles

they have a large selection of products

my #1 supplier in terms of volume