PDA

View Full Version : Question about a recent Silver Seek article

Mgrd
11th March 2008, 00:12
I am glad I found silverseek.com for a multitude of reasons. Mondays article talks of upwards price toward $30.00 yet states a high probability of a "brutal Correction" Can anyone speculate which comes first. Thanks / Mgrd

JesterJay
11th March 2008, 00:21
We know it is going up and going up BIG. Do not confuse yourself or me with someone who knows when that is going to happen. If you react to the ups and downs you will probably be wrong.
Buy for the long term. Buy on dips in price. Don't try to be a psychic and guess the ups and downs and be a "playah".
It will be suprising if there is not a small correction/consolidation but I don't think it will be big. We are probably seeing it right now. Price could be over $20, Under $19 or to way new highs by Friday.
Nobody knows how the volatility will play out so don't be a HERO.
Silver- It does a body good,
JesterJay

I am glad I found silverseek.com for a multitude of reasons. Mondays article talks of upwards price toward $30.00 yet states a high probability of a "brutal Correction" Can anyone speculate which comes first. Thanks / Mgrd

Mgrd
11th March 2008, 12:03
Hi Jesterjay. Thanks for the input. I am not a player. I have been slowly accumulating .999 silver for about 2 years. About 200 oz at this time and looking to buy more. I do sterling about half the time and have made some great returns on scrap just in the past few months and I collect silver eagle coins. I am multifaceted / 3 sided when it comes to silver. Thanks again / Mgrd

ADUB
11th March 2008, 13:30
JJ says it best. IOf you try to predict the ups and downs and sidways movements, you will be wrong 90% of the time. We all on this forum agree, that Silver will be significantly higher one day, so this price is definately a bargain!

silverstash
11th March 2008, 14:44

I would still suggest waiting until Easter before adding to your position. The technicals (overbought) may have a good chance to correct themselves a bit by then and this is also what I am seeing on the charts. Not trying to advice you to be a player here........I am just sharing what I think is in the cards. So far, the last few days has shown some weakness and I think we have a few more days of this to come. I do not see a brutal correction, but somewhere in the $18.00 range does look like a high probability from my vantage point. Best of Luck!

waynetheking
11th March 2008, 19:22
this metal has gone up greatly in the last 3 months. Time for a breather. the shorts are out there in full force. they will drop off and this most widely used commodity will soar as the the third world countrys will consume it as fast as they can get it. let face it. Silver is needed bad. the metal has vast uses and these people that buy and sell daily will not manipulate the market forever. lets see what happens in 2 to 3 months. i'm betting on 16 an oz then i'll purchase and add to my stash!!

JesterJay
11th March 2008, 21:11
SilverMustash,
You are proving my theory: KISS.
I am not calling you stupid. Moreso myself and anyone else like me who doesn't have a magic chart-a-majig in his pocket.
It is going UP. The longer you wait the less chance you have of buying low. Now is the time and Silver is the thing and Hold is what to do with it.
Waiting= BAD. Take action and HAVE the silver. How long do you wait? How do you know? Patterns, charts, blah. Someone may actually have it figured what is going to happen next but I know it ain't 99.99% of us fine people.
NOTHING would suprise me though. $18? Doubtful, but we will see. If you are right I am going to subscribe to YOUR newsletter. The cool thing is that you can budget your Ag Money and buy on Every dip on the chart. That is maximizing your safest method of buying: cost averaging. Do it and you will win!

Cutting to the chase:
Silver is not going to follow any established pattern. At least not any longer, if it ever did. Soon, too soon if you wait, the MANIPULATION will be over and BOOM!!!

Katie grab the bar by the door and hide it so someone doesn't steal it!

ALL rules are tossed out:
Gold investors substitute Silver for Gold,
New investors rush to the latest HOT thing,
Smart investors keep buying until they have "enough",
and the INDUSTRIAL users absolutely SPRINT to THE SILVER STORE so they may stockpile as much as they can to STAY IN BUSINESS!
And THAT my friends is when Silver looks like a Titan Rocket Screaming into the Stratosphere.
Wait? Yeah, then there is more for me.

I don't think (m)any of us realize just how little silver there is available for investors to buy. MOST all of it is "owned" many times over by ETF's, banks, and dealers.
My recent experience with Dad and his situation with MONEX shows how little there is. He bought through them because they lead him to believe there was ACTUAL PHYSICAL SILVER backing his purchase. He thought he had 1000 oz. bars (cuz they said he did) in a warehouse somewhere in MONEXville, USA. He asked for serial numbers and was told, "Uh, yeah sure. I think we can get you that info." Yeah, sure. 4 days later Papa was reading his paperwork and came across phrases he thought meant that there was only the POSSIBILITY of silver backing his purchase. He was right. I read it. AND the telling point of the tale: NO storage fees. Wow, I wish I could pay no storage fees on the stuff I own. Free house, garage, shed in the back yard.
Yeah, sure. There is LOTS of silver.
My brother told me a few days ago he was going to order Silver Eagles but he would wait 'til they were available to set a price since you "can't get them right now".
Yeah, sure. Silver on every street corner.

Silver Rocks! Ore is that Bars!?
JesterJay

I would still suggest ***waiting*** until Easter before adding to your position. The technicals (overbought) may have a good chance to correct themselves a bit by then and this is also what I am seeing on the charts. Not trying to advice you to be a player here........I am just sharing what I think is in the cards. So far, the last few days has shown some weakness and I think we have a few more days of this to come. I do not see a brutal correction, but somewhere in the $18.00 range does look like a high probability from my vantage point. Best of Luck!