PDA

View Full Version : Heart racing...breath short...sweaty palms...

auptag
1st March 2009, 03:22
...yup, just made my first real BIG BOY purchase. 50 oz of pure velvety Al Green! Really wanted to go with BD so that I could save on shipping when I accumulated enough, but went with having it shipped out within the week cause I REALLY want to hold it. Figured I could average out in my next, more prudent purchases. Once a little seeps into my skin I think I'll be okay waiting on the next batch. I'm thinking BD for future buying purposes. (Or should I dare NWTM?!?!) :)

Know it's not a lot to most of you...but not a bad way to start.

OK, I don't plan on posting my purchases on here normally, and I realize if every body posted their first purchase then there would be lots of these threads...but I figured y'all could appreciate it since everyone (the wife being everyone) seems to think I'm nuts!

WhooHoo! :cool:

Argyria
1st March 2009, 03:33
Wait till you start fondling it and keeping it on the bedstand. Then she's really gonna hit the roof.

DuaneLuk
1st March 2009, 07:31
...yup, just made my first real BIG BOY purchase. 50 oz of pure velvety Al Green! Really wanted to go with BD so that I could save on shipping when I accumulated enough, but went with having it shipped out within the week cause I REALLY want to hold it. Figured I could average out in my next, more prudent purchases. Once a little seeps into my skin I think I'll be okay waiting on the next batch. I'm thinking BD for future buying purposes. (Or should I dare NWTM?!?!) :)

Know it's not a lot to most of you...but not a bad way to start.

OK, I don't plan on posting my purchases on here normally, and I realize if every body posted their first purchase then there would be lots of these threads...but I figured y'all could appreciate it since everyone (the wife being everyone) seems to think I'm nuts!

WhooHoo! :cool:

I am kinda stupid so would you break down what your trying to say in a little more clearer form. I think I am happy for you but really undecided

Argentum
1st March 2009, 08:19
Congrats, now just don't go crazy while you wait for it...lol...

clr8ter
1st March 2009, 09:06
LOL, Auptag's just really excited, and nervous, and since his wife thinks he's crazy, he just needs to tell someone about his 1st big spend. I have had the same moment.....when I started buying, though, I was not aware of this thread.......

auptag
1st March 2009, 10:13
Wait till you start fondling it and keeping it on the bedstand. Then she's really gonna hit the roof.

Ha ha...Silver...my other lover.....my precious...

Congrats, now just don't go crazy while you wait for it...lol...

I think 1-2 weeks vs the 8-16 weeks I keep reading about NWTM is very doable.

LOL, Auptag's just really excited, and nervous, and since his wife thinks he's crazy, he just needs to tell someone about his 1st big spend. I have had the same moment.....when I started buying, though, I was not aware of this thread.......

BINGO!

auptag
1st March 2009, 10:17
I am kinda stupid so would you break down what your trying to say in a little more clearer form. I think I am happy for you but really undecided

Ha ha...most of what I sad were common acronyms that I assume you probably know...NWTM = Northwest Territorial Ming. BD = Bullion Direct, etc.

Ha ha....Al Green = A.G. = Ag = Silver. Sorry....the Al Green/Silver thing is the first thing that came to mind. Easy to equate...they're both smooth...velvety....and shiny!! Umm...err....ok...maybe not so much :)

DuaneLuk
1st March 2009, 11:34
Ha ha...most of what I sad were common acronyms that I assume you probably know...NWTM = Northwest Territorial Ming. BD = Bullion Direct, etc.

Ha ha....Al Green = A.G. = Ag = Silver. Sorry....the Al Green/Silver thing is the first thing that came to mind. Easy to equate...they're both smooth...velvety....and shiny!! Umm...err....ok...maybe not so much :)

I see the light or is that your PMs shinning.

pmstacker
1st March 2009, 23:48
Congrats, i just caught the bug about a month ago, better late than never ;)

auptag
1st March 2009, 23:55
Congrats, i just caught the bug about a month ago, better late than never ;)

Ha ha....maybe I'll get 100 oz before it all comes crumbling down! :eek:

mick silver
1st March 2009, 23:59
have fun playing with it , dont let the wait keep you up at night ,, lol just kidding ,,,,,,,,, stay small for now 1ozers an 10 ozers

hiyosilver
2nd March 2009, 00:06

Naaaa, there's a remedy for that......let her play with it too.....:D

auptag
2nd March 2009, 00:20
Naaaa, there's a remedy for that......let her play with it too.....:D

Ahh...but I find that while I like the SHINY things....she likes the SPARKLY things! If it were affordable/prudent to invest in silver bars w/ diamond chips interspersed throughout...well...there would be a hobby that would strengthen the marriage!! ;)

pmstacker
2nd March 2009, 10:52
Personally i see no reason to ever go above 10 oz bars. When you get into 100oz bars people start to get suspiscious. You can buy 10 10oz bars for only a couple bucks more than 100oz bar, so to me the risk is not worth it. Plus having 10 bars makes you feel cooler ;)

hiyosilver
2nd March 2009, 20:29
Ahh...but I find that while I like the SHINY things....she likes the SPARKLY things! If it were affordable/prudent to invest in silver bars w/ diamond chips interspersed throughout...well...there would be a hobby that would strengthen the marriage!! ;)

I have a remedy for that, too.....but you have to make sure and take her with you, or trust me, she won't believe you.......Take her best diamond to a jeweler she trusts and have him appraise it......Thennnn, after he gives you an appraisal figure, ask him what he'd actually give you for it. He may not want to say, and you might have to take it to another jeweler to get the answer to that question......(I'll give you a clue....about 0.1.....)............and you thought silver premiums were high.....

auptag
3rd March 2009, 01:13
Ha ha....maybe we'll stop at the car dealership first...find out what we can get for our current ride vs. what we originally paid for it. Then off to the jeweler. Whoo....sounds like fun. The perhaps off to LCS?! Hmmm....I like the idea! :)

Yabezlas
3rd March 2009, 14:40
CONGRATULATIONS! You definitely have your mind set correct.