PDA

View Full Version : I know how much PM you own!

auptag
28th February 2009, 13:16
All I have to do is go back and look at your posts and I can figure it out! :cool:

In all seriousness, for all the people who say to "shut your piehole" (my favorite quote by the way, lol) when people put how much PM they own in ONE post, I find that there are many "I just purchased X ounces of Y today from mint Z" posts. Theoretically one could click on your screen name and follow all of your posts from start to finish to get a rough idea of your holdings.

Sorry to play devil's advocate, but after reading pages and pages of threads, and multiple people chastising those who post their holdings, I'm surprised to have not read this yet. It was the first thing I thought of after I had read a few threads. Especially with all the survivalist/SHTF people around.

Your thoughts?

P.S. Maybe your signature should include your holdings of high-velocity lead delivery devices...or your lead:silver ratio?! :D

EDIT: I hope not to offend anyone....just looking to stir up some convo!

sunsetcliff
28th February 2009, 13:55
hmm. But I am not sure myself what I hold. Just because a person buys some doesnt mean they keep- hold- and dont sell.

basically the biggest threat is love triangles.

Yes there are scammers- but would one get a bus for 5 days just to see you?

Nope. they would for a girlfriend to be with. but not for silver.

ease is key to the thing.

here is what guys want.

1. woman
2. booze
3. drugs

even when the guys strays somehow it all comes back to booze and sex.

auptag
28th February 2009, 14:17
@sunsetcliff

Not sure I understood any of that, but it truly was entertaining! :D

mick silver
28th February 2009, 14:37
how much do i sell ,

auptag
28th February 2009, 14:41
how much do i sell ,

*gasp* I thought selling physical was verboten! :)

My Pants Are Cold
28th February 2009, 15:09
*gasp* I thought selling physical was verboten! :)
It's a profit deal.

cdavport
28th February 2009, 15:15
Please understand that any silver I have purchased, and revealed, on this forum, has been sold. In fact, I have sold all of my silver and am now long the dollar. I can't believe you guys still hold onto to that "barbarous relic"!!

Nomen luni
28th February 2009, 15:22
...to cdavport ;-)

goldminer
28th February 2009, 17:45
"All I have to do is go back and look at your posts and I can figure it out!"

I'll save you the time and effort from looking over my posts.

I have a total of 117 oz. of silver.

All of it is one-of-a-kind 1 oz. silver rounds (117 total if you do the advanced math), that I've seen and liked over the last 10 years.

auptag
28th February 2009, 17:47
Please understand that any silver I have purchased, and revealed, on this forum, has been sold. In fact, I have sold all of my silver and am now long the dollar. I can't believe you guys still hold onto to that "barbarous relic"!!

Of course...that's what I meant. I know everyone here bought at 20 and sold at 13. Poor, poor you. The whole reason I joined this forum is to buy high, sell low, own all ag/au buried deep in a vault near Area 51, and never *ever* under any circumstances ever touch a single ounce of PM myself.

:D

mick silver
28th February 2009, 17:54
do tell me how much i have , oh by the way would you like to come an try an get it

auptag
28th February 2009, 18:12
That would be AWESOME if I could check out your stash! When can I come by and take a loo.....umm...err....oh, wait!

Yeah....on second thought, I might have to pass this time around. I'm good on lead for the month.

Thanks for the kind offer though.

a793aa
28th February 2009, 18:30
The posters that should think twice before they post are the ones that ask what kind of Silver they should buy with their $20000 or so dollars that they have available.

OutlawJoseyWalesJr
28th February 2009, 21:23
All I have to do is go back and look at your posts and I can figure it out! :cool:

In all seriousness, for all the people who say to "shut your piehole" (my favorite quote by the way, lol) when people put how much PM they own in ONE post, I find that there are many "I just purchased X ounces of Y today from mint Z" posts. Theoretically one could click on your screen name and follow all of your posts from start to finish to get a rough idea of your holdings.

Sorry to play devil's advocate, but after reading pages and pages of threads, and multiple people chastising those who post their holdings, I'm surprised to have not read this yet. It was the first thing I thought of after I had read a few threads. Especially with all the survivalist/SHTF people around.

Your thoughts?

P.S. Maybe your signature should include your holdings of high-velocity lead delivery devices...or your lead:silver ratio?! :D

EDIT: I hope not to offend anyone....just looking to stir up some convo!

You have a good point there. I post on here, Kitco, and GIM and you can easily find out how much PM have but you might be forgetting one thing. Even though I have posted pics of the gold and silver bars that I bought, that does not necessarily give you an idea how much PMs I own. I do not post every time I go to the coin shop to buy PMs nor do I post pics of everything I own. I am selective of what pics I will use. What about the times that I bought PMs but did not post that day? What if I sold some PMs and I did not post it on the forums that day? What if I sold the PMs that I posted pics of on the forums (repeating???)? I agree with you that you could look at all the posts of me saying that I bought X amount of Y PMs at Z place but you will still be way off the mark in terms of the actual amount of PMs that I own. What if a screen name has 1000's of posts? Even if you got lucky and figured out that I owned exacltly X number of gold and silver coins, it would be hard (not impossible) to discover my real identity and find me and even if you decided to track me down and actually found me what then? I understand that you are playing devil's advocate but The risk/reward and the time that it would take to search every post on the forums that I post on would not be worth the effort IMHO.

auptag
28th February 2009, 23:55
Ha ha...yeah. More of a comment on the people here (and Kitko and GIM) who rail people for telling about their stash, but don't care about their own additive posts. It was just a "food for thought" exercise and nothing against anybody at al. Hopefully nobody took it as anything else. I REALLY LIKE reading about good deals that people got (makes me jealous/envious/excited to buy for myself) and seeing the pics people take....and more than likely if I do well on a buy I would want to share it as well. Just.....not sure if I will or not. Either way...just wanted people's thoughts...that's all, nothing more.

OF COURSE telling your whole stash in one post is a HUGE no no. People seem to think that they are anonymous on the internet. Nothing could be further from the truth. Hackers are uber-wicked-smart...and if PMs jumped 2000% tomorrow....guess who has a big target on their head?! Maybe the person who's additive posts say that they have "around" 2k+++ ounces?!

Hence all the talk about increasing your lead:silver ratio! :)

So, you won't catch me saying that my whole stash consists of X oz of this and x oz of that....but is that REALLY different from a single post saying you just picked up a hundred oz bar or two? Hmmm....not so sure about that. Who's to say? Not me, for sure. That may not be big to some, but to others.....well....let's just say that people have been "hurt" for just the change in their pockets.

Thanks for all the comments and for ingesting my "food for thought."

The risk/reward and the time that it would take to search every post on the forums that I post on would not be worth the effort IMHO.

This is the only part of your post that I disagree with. Clicking through user's posts is NOT hard at all. Finding people's info on the internet....done all the time. Just sayin'....

Golden
1st March 2009, 01:29
I own 6.000 oz right now, don't own a gun.

Some people here are afraid of their own shadow.

All those mighty hackers that you guys are so afraid off are robbing e-banks and doing well.

mick silver
1st March 2009, 02:06
i don;t have no guns you can come by any time , just come right on in an yes i am afraid of my shadow to ,

auptag
1st March 2009, 02:28
@mick: I'll come over next weekend. I'll bring the beers, you buy the pizza, and you can give me pointers. ;)

fansubs_ca
1st March 2009, 03:29
Some people "turn over" their silver when they see a benifit in it. Such
as what Jason Hommel is doing getting 1000 Oz. bars made into 1 Oz.
rounds, selling, then buying more 1000 Oz. bars. Nice if you have the
working capital. I believe JesterJay also mentioned he's sold some of
his stash on Ebay if it was fetching a higher premium than other forms
he could re-buy or simply once to pay for a car repair. So a total list
of purchases isn't the full picture. ^_-

Irons
1st March 2009, 15:16
I lost everything in a tragic boating accident. If half-full mini kegs of Heineken diden't float so good we might not have made it to shore ourselves.

auptag
1st March 2009, 15:27
I lost everything in a tragic boating accident. If half-full mini kegs of Heineken diden't float so good we might not have made it to shore ourselves.

:D If I would have been drinking milk, it would have come out of my nose.

Friends don't let friends drink and stack.