PDA

View Full Version : 50.00 spot will be different this time? I think so!

duneyman jr
21st August 2011, 07:11
Last time in april I was very bearish for the big 50, while some agreed many were super bulls. I sold my harley this weekend to buy more silver and lil gold. I figure this way I dont have to store it and my pms will go up! Plus I sold it for the same price I paid and got to ride it all season for free. Well anyway this economy is very dramatic and the political romance is there also.My theory is that price and demand will be super strong starting in september even after it hits 50.00 . What are people goin invest in this time when the stocks imo are goin tank. Gold and Silver Rush late 2011 /2012
my prediction is 75/100 silver 2500/3000 gold in 2012.

What is Truth?
21st August 2011, 12:55
If gold stays as high as it is or even higher $50 silver ought to stick this time around. But expect lots of volatility getting there.

silver"smith"
21st August 2011, 14:17
Last time in april I was very bearish for the big 50, while some agreed many were super bulls. I sold my harley this weekend to buy more silver and lil gold. I figure this way I dont have to store it and my pms will go up! Plus I sold it for the same price I paid and got to ride it all season for free. Well anyway this economy is very dramatic and the political romance is there also.My theory is that price and demand will be super strong starting in september even after it hits 50.00 . What are people goin invest in this time when the stocks imo are goin tank. Gold and Silver Rush late 2011 /2012
I have read a few articles about the slow summer season and the traditional increase in PM's late in the year. I agree that we will be close to $50.00 for silver and then continue moving and then heat up for the spring of next year. Just like this past spring.

I also agree that, how much worse the economy will be late this year and the spring of 2012 will bring an intensifying affect on the increase in the price of PM's. I feel $75.00 and $2000.00 for gold is a real possibility.

bobmhey
22nd August 2011, 09:35
Honesty I would diversify. I mean you really shouldn't be in one class. Especially when they can raise margins or just dump a ton (paper) in the system to lower the price. I got out last time and back in a little under 35. Sitting tight. High prices in commodities means less money going to growth. The governments are trying to reverse the trend. They will succeed eventually. When the banks get everyone convinced that it is a must have they will be selling at the highest price and then they will oversell causing it to crash...then they will buy more....rinse and repeat. the next bubble will be food. or food that is sucked into gas tanks.

Yougot
22nd August 2011, 10:37
I really don't like this quick move for silver... I have no justification, but it screams another drop in both gold and silver for me.

Perhaps because people have the attention spans of

ThaP8riot
22nd August 2011, 11:01
Nice! You actually got some sucker to pay the same price you paid for a loud, slow, ugly bike? Good job!

silver_surfer
22nd August 2011, 11:20
[QUOTE=ThaP8riot;202493]Nice! You actually got some sucker to pay the same price you paid for a loud, slow, ugly bike? Good job![/
Hawgs are loud and some ugly some fast.

chroNick
22nd August 2011, 11:31

I hate to disagree but I think we could have a decent correction for a while.. maybe a good half year sometime soon. I don't mean soon as in tomorrow but within this year or the first quarter of next year.

Gold has been going up for like 10 years now. It's a bit overdue for a pullback. Hard to say about silver.. silver is very erratic, but if gold goes down, I can only assume that silver will fall or go sideways at best.

eagleproof
22nd August 2011, 11:41
Stocks may achieve a sugar high after Jackson Hole, drawing some $ from PMs.
BTW, I hear the repair tools that come with every Harley cost as much as the bike.

billmr
22nd August 2011, 11:41
I went down to my lcs on saturday, what a nightmare. I walked in to sell something and had to dodge all the people and grab a number

during the hour wait I talked to some of them, only one person bought anything that hour (you do not have to take a number if you want to buy something)

they said they had been this crazy busy for 2 weeks straight.

valerb
22nd August 2011, 12:32
I went down to my lcs on saturday, what a nightmare. I walked in to sell something and had to dodge all the people and grab a number

during the hour wait I talked to some of them, only one person bought anything that hour (you do not have to take a number if you want to buy something)

they said they had been this crazy busy for 2 weeks straight.

That sure isn't the kind of environment you want to be selling in. It's a one sided deal and it's all in favor of the LCS owner. That is unless he happens to be a fair and square kind of a guy. Not many of them around, especially when everything is going their way.

He's taking all the risk, and the price could drop a dollar before our markets even open up on Monday morning.

If nothing else, it just goes to prove that we will not reach a point where everyone will be hanging on to their Silver and not letting it go for any price. The higher the price goes the more people will be wanting to cash in on their profits. Just like back in the late 70's.

silver_surfer
22nd August 2011, 13:46
True but why sell silver now when coming out of summers doldrums? Where do these panicking investors come from? They must listen to the tv for pm advice. Right now is still a bargain considering what the world economy is goin through. Look at how pms have done before this crap were living now?

SilverBlood
22nd August 2011, 14:47
Selling your silver at this point is like owning season tickets for your favorite sports franchise, and then disowning the team once they make the playoffs.

Lots of ups and downs this year, but the best part awaits.

Selling? Really? What are they thinking?

Mizzle
22nd August 2011, 15:12
I think if anyone bought the dip at ~33 with the intention of selling at ~43 would be a good move.

Not everyone is a super-long term investor. There are other assets out there besides silver. Making a ~30% profit in a month is not too shabby, and if you're rolling that money towards another investment, then it might be quite wise.

Personally, I'm neither buying or selling at this price. I'm just holding. Rolling money into stocks, ATM...Would not touch gold with a 100-foot pole right now.

SilverBlood
22nd August 2011, 15:21
I think if anyone bought the dip at ~33 with the intention of selling at ~43 would be a good move.

Not everyone is a super-long term investor. There are other assets out there besides silver. Making a ~30% profit in a month is not too shabby, and if you're rolling that money towards another investment, then it might be quite wise.

Personally, I'm neither buying or selling at this price. I'm just holding. Rolling money into stocks, ATM...Would not touch gold with a 100-foot pole right now.

I bought at the dips, I bought the breakouts as well. I am money ahead, but selling isn't even a thought for me.

Yes, not everyone is in for the long term, and this is fine. I just don't get it.

silver_surfer
22nd August 2011, 15:37
Its tv I'm telling you. I told my dad yesterday how I purchased for pms over the weekend. My dad told me its supposedly is peaked. He asked if I would make any money now if sold. I said well considering most of it I can 4x. And some of 2x. And that's not explaining all the weekly small purchases..I'm thinking he heard on fox or cramer. You know the people that tell you its peaked then it double in a year...but might go down 5% that week.

SilverBlood
22nd August 2011, 15:53
Its tv I'm telling you. I told my dad yesterday how I purchased for pms over the weekend. My dad told me its supposedly is peaked. He asked if I would make any money now if sold. I said well considering most of it I can 4x. And some of 2x. And that's not explaining all the weekly small purchases..I'm thinking he heard on fox or cramer. You know the people that tell you its peaked then it double in a year...but might go down 5% that week.

Yes.. can't help thinking back to that investment mag. article I read in January explaining how gold is no good for 2011, and that stocks would shine.

I suppose there are many with red faces wishing they wouldn't have taken this advice

valerb
22nd August 2011, 16:40
I bought at the dips, I bought the breakouts as well. I am money ahead, but selling isn't even a thought for me.

Yes, not everyone is in for the long term, and this is fine. I just don't get it.

I was telling my wife about all these people selling their Silver on Saturday during lunch today and she had a different take. Maybe most of these people were hanging on to their Silver as long as they could before they "had to sell", for financial reasons and now looks like the best opportunity to jump ship.

Just about weekly some member posts that he has to sell some Silver for one reason or another and we forget about the millions of others out there that own Silver who might be just wanting to take some profits or are desperate as hell for some cash to buy food.

If left up to my wife, we wouldn't have any Silver at all. She would have sold it all after making a 50% profit back in the 90's, It's a good thing I have some say in these matters!!!

silver_surfer
22nd August 2011, 17:48
The numbers don't lie longterm.

What is Truth?
22nd August 2011, 18:01
30% profit in a month is fantastic. The problem is that if you really buy into the main reason why silver is moving up (currency collapse fears) then 30% is like a warning shot of things to come.

silver_surfer
22nd August 2011, 19:55
30% profit in a month is fantastic. The problem is that if you really buy into the main reason why silver is moving up (currency collapse fears) then 30% is like a warning shot of things to come.

Do you beliieve its do to currency devalue or demand.

What is Truth?
22nd August 2011, 20:06
Do you beliieve its do to currency devalue or demand.

At this point demand, as there really has not been a recent devaluation of the currency that reflects such a major move up in Gold. In other words, I think most buying is based on fear of what is likely to happen, not what has recently happen to inflation prices. I would be well ahead of current inflation if I sold now. But if I did and the inflationary SHTF my profits would shrink to nothing. The fear is why we are buying and most of us continue to hold. But if it should take a big fall there will be people who come out and saying I sold at $4X.xx.

What is Truth?
22nd August 2011, 20:14
If gold stays as high as it is or even higher $50 silver ought to stick this time around. But expect lots of volatility getting there.

But like I said, it all comes downtown what gold does. I can see gold slow down and silver speed up. But if gold tanks it is taking silver down with it.

Manny2_0
22nd August 2011, 21:31
But like I said, it all comes downtown what gold does. I can see gold slow down and silver speed up. But if gold tanks it is taking silver down with it.

plus one,
and I believe it is bound to happen, gold needs to cool off
go sideways awhile, and let this price have some sense of the climb

why when stocks went down in 08 it took pm's with it, and not this time around???
I'd like to know

broox419
23rd August 2011, 00:09
Gold will continue to lead the way.....it seems more and more big time players are taking physical delivery of gold (like Venezuelan Pres. Hugo Chavez). The price acquiring that gold is skyrocketing as I write this post. Silver will only continue it's upward trend following gold. At some point silver will be more looked upon as a monetary metal than an industrial metal and when that trend starts we should see silver way outperform gold as priced in FRN's. I highly doubt we'll see a %30 drop in the price but a trend to follow the price of gold and silver won't act as if it hit it's NEW ALL-TIME HIGH!!!

silver_surfer
23rd August 2011, 04:56
its as good as gold? China taking a bunch of gold this october I think?

eagleproof
23rd August 2011, 08:49
plus one,

why when stocks went down in 08 it took pm's with it, and not this time around???
I'd like to know

What is the proper perspective as we see gold higher than fiat? Is gold rising or is fiat falling? In one sense gold is simply an inflation barometer, telling you what value the dollar ought to hold.

Matthew Shelley
23rd August 2011, 11:35
I hope Silver is able to climb stably up to $50 and build volume and open interest in the next few months. If that is the case, then after Halloween we should march through $50 with only a small amount of resistance as we go through it. At that point I will have a $57 target going onto the holidays. After that, I'm not too sure what's going to happen, we'll see.

Matthew Shelley
Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

What is Truth?
23rd August 2011, 17:21
My thoughts on that is because this time around this is more of a dollar faith crisis than last time around.

BTW, I find discussions like this almost therapeutic to help me sort through my thoughts on the subject. Relief too to be able to throw out concerns without anyone jumping down my throat as being anti silver.

plus one,

I'd like to know

silver_surfer
23rd August 2011, 17:45
Well I'm thinking friday/mon we will know more. Gold and silver cooling off till Thursday bein luke warm. Qe3 will be the powerplay.