PDA

View Full Version : Gold soaring again, and Silver...

crvmiata
18th August 2011, 08:15
I am getting a little tired of seeing gold hit new highs, and silver taking a very slow road.

Ardent Listener
18th August 2011, 08:27
Frustrating isn't it? No doubt that gold is the hot commodity now. Perhaps too hot and due for a correction. If not then silver will catch up or maybe take the lead.

SilverBlood
18th August 2011, 08:34
I think we are all eager.. but continue to be patient. Good times are coming..

wmarkw
18th August 2011, 08:38
What kind of price jump are you all expecting? It was up $.62 several minutes ago; 1.45%. Are you talking like several dollar jumps? Just curious.

crvmiata
18th August 2011, 08:52
yes, i want to see $60 by Labor Day!

Matthew Shelley
18th August 2011, 10:05
Frustrating isn't it? No doubt that gold is the hot commodity now. Perhaps too hot and due for a correction. If not then silver will catch up or maybe take the lead.

Gold tends to get heated up when the smallest of small traders get caught up in the blather of people on the TV or radio telling them they have to be protecting themselves against whatever is the economic disaster flavor of the day. If the circumstances actually hold out to be true, then Silver will slingshot past it as there are many more professionals and many less retail traders in Silver.

eagleproof
18th August 2011, 10:18
Gold tends to get heated up when the smallest of small traders get caught up in the blather of people on the TV or radio telling them they have to be protecting themselves against whatever is the economic disaster flavor of the day. If the circumstances actually hold out to be true, then Silver will slingshot past it as there are many more professionals and many less retail traders in Silver.

A few questions from a simple mind.

Are current economic and financial problems nothing more than 'flavors of the day' or are they real?

Wouldn't there be more 'smallest of small' traders in the less expensive silver market than in gold? Would not the idea which you applied to gold be most applicable to silver instead?

Some people talk about the silver market being manipulated. If it is true that this market is rife with rich, fat, professional investors, would it not follow that the market is subject to manipulation by these investors and the manipulation theorists may be right?

Ardent Listener
18th August 2011, 10:34
Matt could tell you better what large investors are investing in. I do think that the general public is going with gold over silver. I'm not talking about those you will see in the coin shops, but rather those who are buying off of the television or radio advertisements. They seldom hear about silver much less platinum or palladium. Gold fits nicely in their desk and lifestyle.

Are current economic and financial problems nothing more than 'flavors of the day' or are they real?

Wouldn't there be more 'smallest of small' traders in the less expensive silver market than in gold? Would not the idea which you applied to gold be most applicable to silver instead?

Some people talk about the silver market being manipulated. If it is true that this market is rife with rich, fat, professional investors, would it not follow that the market is subject to manipulation by these investors and the manipulation theorists may be right?

Matthew Shelley
18th August 2011, 11:09

Some are and some aren't flavors of the day. Take last week and this week for example. Last week, all the large traders mostly did nothing but exit the markets while the small traders were being told that they had to protect themselves from the world economy collapsing. The small traders bid Gold up ridiculously with no one behind them to support them, then the music stopped, the market had a dramatic drop and there were a lot of people left with out chairs. This week I still he economic 'advisors' telling people what to do, while the government and most large players have left for vacation until after Labor Day. Without the strong interest in the markets, whatever they do between now and then is meaningless.

Small(mostly newbie) traders get excited about Gold and most know very little about Silver. They'd rather drop their $150 on a tenth of an ounce of Gold than four ounces of Silver.

The large investors would be willing to kick each other's teeth in for a penny. If I thought there was some sort of manipulation going on I would trade along with it rather than complain about it loudly with no verifiable facts to back me up. Or I would take the other side if I thought something was about to fall apart.Traders don't care which way the market is going, all we care about is adding money to the account.