PDA

View Full Version : For the record, December spot price

Robert FGoens
14th August 2011, 10:10
Reading post about "all aboard the silver rocketship" and "why is silver still under 40.00"
Id like to hear what you guys think of this winters silver spot price?:confused:

gollumthegreat
14th August 2011, 15:30
I think it will probably double in price by the New Year. That's what happened end of last year.

crvmiata
14th August 2011, 16:41
hey, i've been quoted: 'Reading post about "all aboard the silver rocketship" '!

valerb
14th August 2011, 17:54
hey, i've been quoted: 'Reading post about "all aboard the silver rocket ship" '!

Unfortunately "all aboard the silver rocket ship" has been stuck on the launch pad for over a decade now!!!

There is however a cog wheel train that is slowly moving up the side of the mountain that you might want to jump on in the mean time. It's tethered to the rocket ship, so you will not be left behind.

What is Truth?
14th August 2011, 18:16
$50 by 10/10/11. December will see silver closing in on $60 but never reach it before the January slump. Prices rebound in early February but fall later in the spring. Your pick four lucky number is 6874.

Robert FGoens
14th August 2011, 20:16
I love the all aboard the silver rocketship, less the last page or so when it got hijacked by who's screwed worse, the euro or the dollar, once you start to even have that talk, your both screwed, IMHO.

gollumthegreat
14th August 2011, 20:41
I love the all aboard the silver rocketship, less the last page or so when it got hijacked by who's screwed worse, the euro or the dollar, once you start to even have that talk, your both screwed, IMHO.

Why? Both (and all) currencies are screwed anyway. It's best not to hide your head in the sand and pretend it's not happening, or it's going to crash your Silver Rocket. We should embrace the demise of Fiat. We can have the dream senario of a remonetisation of Silver, or we can have our Silver converted into any new Fiat rising out of the ashes. There's no use getting all patriotic or sentimental or defensive about a debt-backed currency.

Robert FGoens
28th August 2011, 20:49
ill put my guess down as mid to low 40's

valerb
28th August 2011, 23:49
Reading post about "all aboard the silver rocketship" and "why is silver still under 40.00"
Id like to hear what you guys think of this winters silver spot price?:confused:

Odds are extremely high that it will be either higher or lower than it is right now!!!

If you don't own any, you need to buy "some"!!!

If you already own some, buying more now is a gamble, it will either be cheaper or more expensive this winter!!!

Theories are nice, but we "live and die" with the success of the "paper players", regardless of what else is going on in the world!!!

MaxMiser
29th August 2011, 03:22
I am Buying now before it takes off after labor day! ;)
Here's an interesting chart...
http://seasonalcharts.com/classics_silber.html

valerb
29th August 2011, 07:43
I am Buying now before it takes off after labor day! ;)
Here's an interesting chart...

If your going to use that chart, your window of opportunity was about 60 day's ago, but better late than never.

It's difficult to use seasonal averages or any other historical chart when we are in a completely new ball game. With multiple countries on the verges of financial collapse. The Dollar, the Euro and a few other currencies in question. The derivatives market always a ticking time bomb. According to multiple analyst, the entire world economy is about to implode for one reason or another and some are even predicting a collapse of precious metal prices along with everything else.

Only time will tell what financial disasters will take place and what the consequences will be, just don't be confident that our precious metals won't get rocked even harder than in 2008. Our analyst said it wouldn't happen back then and they were wrong, there is no reason to believe a financial disaster worse than 2008 would bring about any different results. The flight to safety didn't happen back then, will it happen the next time?

To be clear, I'm not predicting any of these things will happen. I'm just warning not to be certain that there will be this flight to safety and that precious metals will run wild. When the markets crash, precious metals takes a hit also, because it's the same mentality playing in all markets. It all depends on how fast and how deep the stock markets are hit as to how hard precious metals will be hit before rebounding.

Robert FGoens
12th September 2011, 19:01
http://news.silverseek.com/CliveMaund/1315800438.php

I just found this chart. My mid to low predictions may be wishful thinkin .

jimi
12th September 2011, 20:57

No offense, but I like the silber chart MaxMiser's provided, and I especially like what happens to silber toward the end of September.

valerb
13th September 2011, 02:49
No offense, but I like the silber chart MaxMiser's provided, and I especially like what happens to silber toward the end of September.

Again, they are both just charts based on past history and we are in unchartered waters today. Obviously we all want the seasonal chart to be the course of action silver takes, but Maund must also be taken with a grain of salt as well!!!

The theory about Silver taking off after Labor Day has so far been a $2.60 decline in the price of Silver. I just hope the last three weeks of September are better than the first week after Labor Day.

Robert FGoens
15th September 2011, 10:03

I like yours better to, but I dont like what happens to silber toward the end of Sept Mr Jimi.

I'm glad I put off buying for a few days, thank you Maund

darebear
15th September 2011, 10:19
Down again today. Seven days of negative chart action over the last nine days. Not a good sign for the start of the so called up season.

skijake
15th September 2011, 10:37

Read Maund if you must, but read this then too. http://*************.blogspot.com/2011/09/clive-maund-silver-has-topped-preparing.html
He's getting very Nadler-like with his proficient calls.:confused:

http://www.coinnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Jon-Nadler-and-Croc.jpg
Nadler meets a fan, March 2011:D

Robert FGoens
16th September 2011, 09:18
Back over 40.00 oz, I like !

Robert FGoens
18th September 2011, 20:03

Silber will end in the 30's this week,do you really like what it does at the end of Sept ?

darebear
19th September 2011, 06:49
Pardon my ignorance but what do the numbers on the chart mean? What is the chart supposed to be telling me?

jimi
19th September 2011, 08:25
Silber will end in the 30's this week,do you really like what it does at the end of Sept ?

First, if Ag drops I am a BIG buyer.

Second, if Ag goes higher all I can do is dollar cost average-in and/or fight the urge to take a profit and pay a bill.

Robert FGoens
22nd September 2011, 12:48

I think you should thank Muand even tho you decided to use your own chart you found

jimi
22nd September 2011, 14:22
I'm hoping MaxMiser's (Post #11) seasonal chart still has a chance.

Robert FGoens
22nd September 2011, 19:54

Is it to late for me to take this prediction back? It was Sunday, and I had been drinking.

What is Truth?
22nd September 2011, 19:56
Is it to late for me to take this prediction back? It was Sunday, and I had been drinking.

At least you are accurate in your predictions when you get drunk.

Robert FGoens
19th November 2011, 13:19
ill put my guess down as mid to low 40's

Still on track, nice!

Robert FGoens
19th November 2011, 13:20
I think it will probably double in price by the New Year. That's what happened end of last year.

hahahahaha

gollumthegreat
19th November 2011, 21:12
Was that your fat wife singing?

Robert FGoens
20th November 2011, 09:24
Just laughing at your silly prediction, your to funny, your what makes this site so interesting to read, keep up the good work

gollumthegreat
20th November 2011, 12:10
We shall see. A lot can happen in 5 weeks. What IS funny is retards jumping out of Silver around it's 30 year NOMINAL high. It's so funny those 1980 $50 Dollars would be worth around 400 today. It's so funny Billions of tonnes have been consumed by Industry, and Stockpiles depleted, so funny Billions of Paper tonnes of Silver have been invented out of thin air to back real Silver that doesn't exist. So funny the Dollar no longer has the strength it had in 1980. It's so funny that the level of debt has went from under a Trillion to 15 Trillion in that time frame. It's so funny the current debt/fiat monetary system is so finished and Paper Silver is what, under $34 Dollars. I can smell a fish.

AgShaman
20th November 2011, 13:57
We shall see. A lot can happen in 5 weeks. What IS funny is retards jumping out of Silver around it's 30 year NOMINAL high. It's so funny those 1980 $50 Dollars would be worth around 400 today. It's so funny Billions of tonnes have been consumed by Industry, and Stockpiles depleted, so funny Billions of Paper tonnes of Silver have been invented out of thin air to back real Silver that doesn't exist. So funny the Dollar no longer has the strength it had in 1980. It's so funny that the level of debt has went from under a Trillion to 15 Trillion in that time frame. It's so funny the current debt/fiat monetary system is so finished and Paper Silver is what, under $34 Dollars. I can smell a fish.

I didn't find any of those to be very funny.

True perhaps...but not funny.

The ECB and the Italian banks have tipped their hands. The FED's ZIRP policy should be another indicator to people of the level of their desperation. They will search for a means to keep the sheep in the dark and manage things in an escalation that causes as little attention as possible.

I see gas prices and food as trigger points that could wake up alot of people. Americans have grown weak and servile in a few decades time. If their belly's ain't full...they will cry "foul" and look for the scapegoat. Right now however...they are still busy going to professional football games and playing with their iphones and other trinkets. Americans are programmed to be "mass consumers"....Black Friday/the Holidays could very well be more of the same and give the economists fuel to proclaim "things are ok...look at the numbers and all the retailers with great sales numbers"

At present....they're doing a pretty good job managing this escalation.
Having a populace full of clueless sheep is helping the FED massage it's serfdom.

http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/pricebasket.html

Paper currencies are resilient because of the oceans of willing participants enjoying the system as it's presently designed. That could draw it out a few more years.

Good news for small time buyers of gold and silver....more time to accumulate.

Become your own bank..."Stash n Stockpile Weapons of Stack Construction!"

gollumthegreat
20th November 2011, 16:32
I didn't find any of those to be very funny.

True perhaps...but not funny.

The ECB and the Italian banks have tipped their hands. The FED's ZIRP policy should be another indicator to people of the level of their desperation. They will search for a means to keep the sheep in the dark and manage things in an escalation that causes as little attention as possible.

I see gas prices and food as trigger points that could wake up alot of people. Americans have grown weak and servile in a few decades time. If their belly's ain't full...they will cry "foul" and look for the scapegoat. Right now however...they are still busy going to professional football games and playing with their iphones and other trinkets. Americans are programmed to be "mass consumers"....Black Friday/the Holidays could very well be more of the same and give the economists fuel to proclaim "things are ok...look at the numbers and all the retailers with great sales numbers"

At present....they're doing a pretty good job managing this escalation.
Having a populace full of clueless sheep is helping the FED massage it's serfdom.

http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/pricebasket.html

Paper currencies are resilient because of the oceans of willing participants enjoying the system as it's presently designed. That could draw it out a few more years.

Good news for small time buyers of gold and silver....more time to accumulate.

Become your own bank..."Stash n Stockpile Weapons of Stack Construction!"

Sorry Ag. Funny/ sarc off. This is a slow motion train crash. TPTB always keep the pony and trap show going longer than expected. The sheep will all be slaughtered though.

AgShaman
20th November 2011, 17:02
Sorry Ag. Funny/ sarc off. This is a slow motion train crash. TPTB always keep the pony and trap show going longer than expected. The sheep will all be slaughtered though.

It was good sarcasm.

So true. With all that's going on....and yet still millions of sheep not paying any attention.

All it takes is periodically placed banal soundbites from their propaganda pandas at the media and their "politico" puppets in the "District of Corruption"....and the sheep fall back into their slumber. Absolutely amazing.

The LCS was closed this weekend...I was thinking of picking up some gold or silver on the pullback. I'm on the fence of whether I should bother with the gold....since there's not the above ground depletion rate (just the changing of hands/holders) and a number of venues that could perform a ratio trade at a later date if one ever wanted to swap. With as ugly as the EU solution is getting with countries brazenly admitting to the ponzi...and failure, with bond issuances to the collective orgy they have constructed....I wonder if it will drive a panic in the near term and drive the GSR even higher with a govt/banking scramble for more gold. Should've made a ratio trade earlier this year when it pushed to around 30....could've easily had myself 4-500 ounces of free silver off the volatility.

Become your own bank...."Stash n Stockpile Weapons of Stack Construction!"

Robert FGoens
20th November 2011, 18:17
1930's great depression called, it left a message for you, chill bra, no big deal

gollumthegreat
20th November 2011, 22:00
It was good sarcasm.

So true. With all that's going on....and yet still millions of sheep not paying any attention.

All it takes is periodically placed banal soundbites from their propaganda pandas at the media and their "politico" puppets in the "District of Corruption"....and the sheep fall back into their slumber. Absolutely amazing.

The LCS was closed this weekend...I was thinking of picking up some gold or silver on the pullback. I'm on the fence of whether I should bother with the gold....since there's not the above ground depletion rate (just the changing of hands/holders) and a number of venues that could perform a ratio trade at a later date if one ever wanted to swap. With as ugly as the EU solution is getting with countries brazenly admitting to the ponzi...and failure, with bond issuances to the collective orgy they have constructed....I wonder if it will drive a panic in the near term and drive the GSR even higher with a govt/banking scramble for more gold. Should've made a ratio trade earlier this year when it pushed to around 30....could've easily had myself 4-500 ounces of free silver off the volatility.

Become your own bank...."Stash n Stockpile Weapons of Stack Construction!"

I wouldn't bother with Gold either, Agshaman. I had (Paper) Gold but swapped to Physical Silver at 70/1. I don't trust Gold. Sure, it's a lot easier to lug around, but the CBs have most of it and have control. Governments like to seize Gold when it suits them. Silver is in more diversified hands. I considered a swap for the reasons you mentioned, but think it could go back, at least to it's more historic 15/1 ratio, and will have to stay there if going to be any sort of stability in global economics; which is required. My LCS said they would be willing to swap their Gold for my Silver but I'm happy where I am now.

AgShaman
21st November 2011, 03:51
I wouldn't bother with Gold either, Agshaman. I had (Paper) Gold but swapped to Physical Silver at 70/1. I don't trust Gold. Sure, it's a lot easier to lug around, but the CBs have most of it and have control. Governments like to seize Gold when it suits them. Silver is in more diversified hands. I considered a swap for the reasons you mentioned, but think it could go back, at least to it's more historic 15/1 ratio, and will have to stay there if going to be any sort of stability in global economics; which is required. My LCS said they would be willing to swap their Gold for my Silver but I'm happy where I am now.

Coo Coo Ka Choo "Bitz-sez"!

I 'owe' you and you 'owe' me as you 'owe' them and we are all in debt together.
See how they run like PIGS from a gun, see how they fly.
I'm smiling
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15748696

Yep...Pickin' up what yer puttin' down Gollum
Gold is highly over-rated.
I only have the GSR swap trading on the brain 'cause I figured 2011 would be a volatile year....and i could set aside 10 or so bricks to get into gold and then back out and into silver again. Got foiled by greed I guess....and thinking it would push into the 20's on the ratio....."snoozed", then lost.

Looks like the European solution comes to the precipice/cliff's edge around the metals options expiration (11/28...I think). I'm curious to know if the Germans are stalling to see if the other players will begin to beg for 'proper' intervention. Maybe they'll send some messages by carrier pigeon to turn on the printing presses when all the Eurocrats start to squirm.

Let it be a nice little crash into the 20's....soze us 'pikers' can back up the truck and BTFD!

Crash Silver...Crash Damn You! (wait until tomorrow though)

silverheartbone
21st November 2011, 15:53
Counting Thanksgiving, there is only one rough week of silver derivatives trading left before the start of December!

I see the current $30 -$31 as the bottom, although a very brief foray to sub $30 is not out of the question.
Still, I think that this is the bottom and you should now load up the wheelbarrow.

You can count my silver buy recommendations with the fingers on one hand and have some left.
It's not a screaming buy, but at under $32, a buy nonetheless.

Nice find on the 'web' graphic AgShaman.
It seems the bastards have us coming and going.

hexstatic
21st November 2011, 16:44
Silver is up over 700% over the last decade !!! Although luckily we are still in Phase 1 !!!!

We have some big big moves ahead of us !! :D

hexstatic
21st November 2011, 16:47
I predict silver to close 2011 under $35.50 USD.

With the huge amount of market manipulation which has been done this year, i really cant see it going higher, and thanks, because i want to buy more and more before any more price increases :D

JimBo
21st November 2011, 17:46
My opinion is that silver is headed for $20. The US Dollar is strong and will be for 50 years. See todays market.

hekura
21st November 2011, 18:49

I've always liked "working" the GSR, and so over the years, I've managed to be "up" an ounce or two. As you mention glmtgrt, the "dog and pony" show, typically intensifies in a certain direction...at the exact moment the "forgotten wisdom" is perhaps the only viable escape. G & S has been in lock-step (roughly), for over a year. I don't have the figures, right now, but GSR was maybe 40ish, in Aug last year...dipping to 38/39ish, before g r a d u a l l y creeping up to today's 50ish. As soon as it looked as though the reversal would stick...Sept./Oct. '10...I traded 4 of my 7 slvoz, for a 1/10th Krug...and then forgot about it. GSR then plateaued at approx. 50, for months and months...and about a week ago, "bumped" up to 54/55. I think that physical Au is the "banker's money", and that the CB's are making their move to accumulate Au massively...and this is what we're seeing reflected in the GSR.

I expect Au to launch, as soon as derivatives cough-up their "last gasp", and it becomes apparent that various fiat will fail. Ag will go up too, possibly, but not so much...as I feel the "game" is partly to demoralize Ag investors. As Au reaches its agreed-upon (by the CB's) "peak", and as the "suckers" pile-on to this next "really-big-thing" in Au...I'll bet the "lurking" news about the counterfeit (tungsten) "good-delivery" bars, finally "leaks"...yanking the carpet out from under the developing Au rally. Offshore Legal Associates states:

"...The 800-pound gorilla in the room is counterfeit gold. We will address this. We expect to get a lot of negative comments for doing this but this sacred cow does need to be kicked..."

http://www.panamalaw.org/counterfeit_gold_coins_and_bars.html

...I'm gonna wait a little longer to see just how inflated Au gets, and I figure maybe by March, '12...I might be able to cash-out my 1/10th Krug, for 6, 7, maybe even 8 Ag oz, with GSR as high as 80 again (there was an 81 GSR, Spring '09, I think). This would be a 100% gain, in less than a year...growing my Ag stash to 11oz, from 7oz (4oz in, 8oz out)(I will finally be able to own one of those sexy 10oz bars)! GSR may not do this well, but already, there's been a gain...and cash-out today would realize a 1.5 oz gain at GSR 55.

I also expect that when this flip-flop occurs, and Au finally gets the negative "tungsten" rap...the age-old mantras we all know too-well (ie. zero Ag stockpiles, increased use, diminished production, etc. etc. etc.), will be "leaked"...and while Au plunges (for some reason, I've thought as low as 800, for a couple of years, now), Ag will go..."to da moon, Alice"! Let's say that when the "dust" settles, GSR might be 20ish, with Au at 800, and Ag at 40ish (staying "conservative").

Thoughts?

e

gollumthegreat
21st November 2011, 20:27
I've always liked "working" the GSR, and so over the years, I've managed to be "up" an ounce or two. As you mention glmtgrt, the "dog and pony" show, typically intensifies in a certain direction...at the exact moment the "forgotten wisdom" is perhaps the only viable escape. G & S has been in lock-step (roughly), for over a year. I don't have the figures, right now, but GSR was maybe 40ish, in Aug last year...dipping to 38/39ish, before g r a d u a l l y creeping up to today's 50ish. As soon as it looked as though the reversal would stick...Sept./Oct. '10...I traded 4 of my 7 slvoz, for a 1/10th Krug...and then forgot about it. GSR then plateaued at approx. 50, for months and months...and about a week ago, "bumped" up to 54/55. I think that physical Au is the "banker's money", and that the CB's are making their move to accumulate Au massively...and this is what we're seeing reflected in the GSR.

I expect Au to launch, as soon as derivatives cough-up their "last gasp", and it becomes apparent that various fiat will fail. Ag will go up too, possibly, but not so much...as I feel the "game" is partly to demoralize Ag investors. As Au reaches its agreed-upon (by the CB's) "peak", and as the "suckers" pile-on to this next "really-big-thing" in Au...I'll bet the "lurking" news about the counterfeit (tungsten) "good-delivery" bars, finally "leaks"...yanking the carpet out from under the developing Au rally. Offshore Legal Associates states:

"...The 800-pound gorilla in the room is counterfeit gold. We will address this. We expect to get a lot of negative comments for doing this but this sacred cow does need to be kicked..."

...I'm gonna wait a little longer to see just how inflated Au gets, and I figure maybe by March, '12...I might be able to cash-out my 1/10th Krug, for 6, 7, maybe even 8 Ag oz, with GSR as high as 80 again (there was an 81 GSR, Spring '09, I think). This would be a 100% gain, in less than a year...growing my Ag stash to 11oz, from 7oz (4oz in, 8oz out)(I will finally be able to own one of those sexy 10oz bars)! GSR may not do this well, but already, there's been a gain...and cash-out today would realize a 1.5 oz gain at GSR 55.

I also expect that when this flip-flop occurs, and Au finally gets the negative "tungsten" rap...the age-old mantras we all know too-well (ie. zero Ag stockpiles, increased use, diminished production, etc. etc. etc.), will be "leaked"...and while Au plunges (for some reason, I've thought as low as 800, for a couple of years, now), Ag will go..."to da moon, Alice"! Let's say that when the "dust" settles, GSR might be 20ish, with Au at 800, and Ag at 40ish (staying "conservative").

Thoughts?

e

Well, I agree with you almost entirely, Hekura, except for Au at 800. I can't see that happening as everything is up $hit Creek, geopolitically and financially, and it isn't going to improve much in the foreseeable future. I think Au at $8000oz is conceivable if there is a panic by the leveraged Paper PMs rushing to Physical. This is why I got out of the Perth Mint 2 years back.

eagleproof
21st November 2011, 20:41
Au 800$? And where is the alternate strong refuge for wealth? In fiat anywhere? I think not.

AgShaman
21st November 2011, 20:57

Thoughts?

e

Not quite 7 months ago (end of April).....the GSR made it's 30 year low at 31.5

That would've been the opportune time to trade some #47 for gold. The Specs on the Comex were nearly rabid...and foaming at the mouth...and drove silver to nearly $50.

I remember it well....I thought they were gonna punch thru, taking the ratio below 30, but it didn't happen and I sat on my hands....watched it creep back up. Missed out on a really good chance for a large chunk of free silver.....greed, ruins everything.

gollumthegreat
21st November 2011, 20:58
Au 800$? And where is the alternate strong refuge for wealth? In fiat anywhere? I think not.

Indeed. You can't say Real Estate with Property Taxes on top of falling prices. Nowhere near a bottom in that sector. Corporate and Government Bonds are yielding nothing, and what's your locked in Capital going to be worth at the end of the term? And High Street Bwanks only pay you 0.05% on your Savings. And the gravity defying Stock Market is a bubble just waiting to be popped. There's always Numismatics, Whisky and Antiques, I suppose. Oh, and PMs. Have I missed anything?

gollumthegreat
21st November 2011, 20:59
Besides Inflation?

collector
21st November 2011, 22:39
Counting Thanksgiving, there is only one rough week of silver derivatives trading left before the start of December!

I see the current $30 -$31 as the bottom, although a very brief foray to sub $30 is not out of the question.
Still, I think that this is the bottom and you should now load up the wheelbarrow.

You can count my silver buy recommendations with the fingers on one hand and have some left.

no rush to buy. I don't see anything to indicate $30 as a bottom. still pointing down from where i sit. also this is a strange week with the holiday split and part day fri. leaves it open to "funny" business. I see $26-27 in the near future.

hexstatic
22nd November 2011, 05:46
i hope you are correct. I want to buy more in the next week or two :)

silverheartbone
22nd November 2011, 11:24

I doubt if anyone had a chance to act yet, but it's not too late.

AgShaman
22nd November 2011, 11:56

Trust me....I wanted to take your advice, but the Tire Shop had my truck....and my thumb doesn't get me to the LCS fast enough.

SilverHawk
22nd November 2011, 12:06
My opinion is that silver is headed for $20. The US Dollar is strong and will be for 50 years. See todays market.

Well, as long as you have an ***-hole, I guess you're entitled to an opinion.

SilverHawk
22nd November 2011, 12:10

I'm sure there are some people who have bought. As usual, you're correct again...