PDA

View Full Version : Is gold really going to $3000?

crvmiata
10th August 2011, 18:47
with silver barely budging, i wonder if gold is a better short to medium play?

Manny2_0
10th August 2011, 19:28
not medium

it will drop

gollumthegreat
10th August 2011, 19:47
Gold is going to $30,000. What are you on?

What is Truth?
10th August 2011, 19:50
Buy the highs, sell on the crash. :rolleyes:

jimi
10th August 2011, 20:02
Today, I spent some time reflecting on the recent market swings and gold surge. The media claims the move is driven by what is happening in Europe. I think something else maybe in the works.

My theory:

In December, the GOP working group plans to concede to a tax hike on the wealthy. Affluent constituents have been given notice. Therefore, these constituents are on the move -- selling stocks and moving to gold assets. Thus we have a surge in gold price!

I suspect before we have a market crash -- the smart money will already be positioned in glamorous gold and selling to those chasing gold when the crash comes.

Your thoughts.

What is Truth?
10th August 2011, 20:07
If anything the central banks will sell gold cutting the feet out from under the gold investors.

jimi
10th August 2011, 20:12
I agree or some country will sell to generate cash.

Robert FGoens
10th August 2011, 20:39
I dont know, but I wish I could trade my silver eagles I brought for gold ones so I could sell them on the highs. I see a market crash which will suck for silver, seeing as its a industrial metal rather than a store of wealth. Im glad Im under 40, so I can pass my silver to my sons, which with any luck will see the spot price over 47.00 in their lide times

jimi
10th August 2011, 20:54
To date, I am very pleased with my silver investment. My complaint: Why didn't I see silver sooner?

Gene Daniels
11th August 2011, 06:18
I dont know, but I wish I could trade my silver eagles I brought for gold ones so I could sell them on the highs. I see a market crash which will suck for silver, seeing as its a industrial metal rather than a store of wealth. Im glad Im under 40, so I can pass my silver to my sons, which with any luck will see the spot price over 47.00 in their lide times

Man, let the POS grind sideways for a few months and all the long faces come out! What are you worried about? In a few months, at most, the POS will be moving up again. We have been through this before, 2008, and we silver savers were still happy year-on-year. I just bought some more ASEs for 43.xx each, and I am quite sure that they will be soring in the green by next April, at the latest. My wife and I have been buying silver since 2006, and there has never been a y-o-y that we were not happy about our purchases.

valerb
11th August 2011, 07:19
Today, I spent some time reflecting on the recent market swings and gold surge. The media claims the move is driven by what is happening in Europe. I think something else maybe in the works.

My theory:

In December, the GOP working group plans to concede to a tax hike on the wealthy. Affluent constituents have been given notice. Therefore, these constituents are on the move -- selling stocks and moving to gold assets. Thus we have a surge in gold price!

I suspect before we have a market crash -- the smart money will already be positioned in glamorous gold and selling to those chasing gold when the crash comes.

Your thoughts.

If the wealthy are in it together and buying Gold, then there will be no Central Banks trying to cut the legs out from under them, they are the Central Banks for all intent and purpose. The next step would be to change the tax code here as it is in Europe and make Gold an official investment item with normal capital gains, not to include Silver as it is just another commodity but in a special class to be screwed with. Just keep an open mind to the G/S ratio and possibly doing a swap at the most opportune time.

I believe we'll see the same thing happen if and when they believe the dollar is toast for sure.

If anyone doesn't believe the wealthy people in this country or any country make the rules, well good luck with your investing choices, but keep a close eye on what the wealthiest people are doing and in a hurry.

valerb
11th August 2011, 07:31
Man, let the POS grind sideways for a few months and all the long faces come out! What are you worried about? In a few months, at most, the POS will be moving up again. We have been through this before, 2008, and we silver savers were still happy year-on-year. I just bought some more ASEs for 43.xx each, and I am quite sure that they will be soring in the green by next April, at the latest. My wife and I have been buying silver since 2006, and there has never been a y-o-y that we were not happy about our purchases.

For those of us that have been in it for ten or twenty years, we have seen a lot of up and down years, but we understood it would take some time to work off the excess Silver and the price would eventually climb higher. It's been a lot longer than they predicted, but it is up far more than any other market. This year is just another bounce up and down and it's a whole lot better than being where it was last August!!! People worrying about seeing the spot price above $47 in their life time, hell we could see that by next week in this crazy market this year.

silverheartbone
11th August 2011, 08:27
For those of us that have been in it for ten or twenty years, we have seen a lot of up and down years, but we understood it would take some time to work off the excess Silver and the price would eventually climb higher. It's been a lot longer than they predicted, but it is up far more than any other market. This year is just another bounce up and down and it's a whole lot better than being where it was last August!!! People worrying about seeing the spot price above $47 in their life time, hell we could see that by next week in this crazy market this year.

Up and down?

Not quite, silver is an element and you are falling for the bankster's game.

My prediction is that gold wil "go" to $7,274,220,885,310,429,309 before the dollar finally "collapses". Which might buy you 220 pounds of various grains and beans.

The reality is that gold, like silver, is an element guys.
It ain't going anywhere.
Whereas the dollar surely is. ;)

gollumthegreat
11th August 2011, 09:14
I agree. Look what happened to Germany's Gold Mark, 5 years after the end of WW1. One Gold Mark ended up being worth 1,000,000,000,000 Paper Marks. Gold should therefore quite easily burst $30,000oz in Paper USDs.

Matthew Shelley
11th August 2011, 14:20
Gold is going to $30,000. What are you on?

That is an absurd prediction for a commodity that's only uses are making wedding rings and filling teeth and consumption amounts to the few ounces we shoot into space every year.

Agentum
11th August 2011, 14:25
Up and down?

Not quite, silver is an element and you are falling for the bankster's game.

My prediction is that gold wil "go" to $7,274,220,885,310,429,309 before the dollar finally "collapses". Which might buy you 220 pounds of various grains and beans.

The reality is that gold, like silver, is an element guys.
It ain't going anywhere.
Whereas the dollar surely is. ;)

Carbon is an element. How much does it cost for an ounce of carbon?

Mizzle
11th August 2011, 15:06
Carbon is an element. How much does it cost for an ounce of carbon?

Depends on what form it's in. Diamonds can be pretty expensive, per ounce. :-p

gollumthegreat
11th August 2011, 15:31
That is an absurd prediction for a commodity that's only uses are making wedding rings and filling teeth and consumption amounts to the few ounces we shoot into space every year.

Don't forgot it's use as a store of wealth, Einstein. Is the number one use not even on your list?

What is Truth?
11th August 2011, 16:02
Don't forgot it's use as a store of wealth, Einstein. Is the number one use not even on your list?

I agree it can serve that purpose. Since it has few real industrial applications it may be the best. but I would feel better about it for that purpose if much more of it was in the hands of people and not the central manipulative banks.

What is Truth?
11th August 2011, 16:04
Depends on what form it's in. Diamonds can be pretty expensive, per ounce. :-p

No matter what a guy says here someone has a comeback. ;)

Matthew Shelley
11th August 2011, 16:06
No matter what a guy says here someone has a comeback. ;)

No they don't!

: )