PDA

View Full Version : E-bay stinks.

bobmhey
5th August 2011, 12:00
I liked ebay a lot. I bought tons of stuff there. I sold some there. But I haven't sold in awhile and they put a 21 day hold on funds again. I was so pissed I refunded the person their money and they basically didn't get to buy. I am also deleting my account right now because that is utter bullshit. IMOO. Anyone else go through this crap with them? I know it is more profitable in the long run as opposed to coin shops but at least coin shops don't make you wait forever to get your money. Ebay is such trash. LOL

silverheartbone
5th August 2011, 12:12
I liked ebay a lot. I bought tons of stuff there. I sold some there. But I haven't sold in awhile and they put a 21 day hold on funds again. I was so pissed I refunded the person their money and they basically didn't get to buy. I am also deleting my account right now because that is utter bullshit. IMOO. Anyone else go through this crap with them? I know it is more profitable in the long run as opposed to coin shops but at least coin shops don't make you wait forever to get your money. Ebay is such trash. LOL

Good move.
Continue to make a big stink so the other companies will know what not to do.
Let ebay know that we know they are greedy asses.

bobmhey
6th August 2011, 01:22
I have a pretty good rating. I had only one negative and it was about toning levels of a coin but I still had the privilege of instant access. Then I didn't sell for a month or two and they did that. It wasn't so bad when you got the money a few days later in your bank but waiting three weeks then another 4 days to hit your bank account...you have to be kidding me. I sold at least 20 times on ebay with no lost ships or any bs like that. I always posted the delivery confirmation. What made me so mad was they didn't even bother to send me an e-mail and let me know they changed my status. :twisted:

isaiah58
8th August 2011, 12:52
I have never had them hold my money, but I am a confirmed PayPal user and have been using eBay off and on for many many years.

I am not happy that they now add shipping to the selling price then charge their fee. Forces me to just use the 99 cent listings and ship for free.

That being said, it is the worst way I know if to buy and sell PM's. If that is someones only resource, I feel sorry for them.

TheCigarNut
8th August 2011, 13:22
Personally I love ebay. I've had 2 or 3 accounts banned for 'posing a security risk' - but - people will pay a good premium on ebay. Lets say spot is 40, expect 43 or 44 plus 2.99 shipping. After fees and shipping USPS first class your still making 1 or 2 dollars over spot.

isaiah58
8th August 2011, 17:35
Personally I love ebay. I've had 2 or 3 accounts banned for 'posing a security risk' - but - people will pay a good premium on ebay. Lets say spot is 40, expect 43 or 44 plus 2.99 shipping. After fees and shipping USPS first class your still making 1 or 2 dollars over spot.

9% selling fee on $47 is $4.23, plus what another 3% for paypal for $1.41 more brings you to $41.36, less let's say 50 cents for the mailer plus your postage, so back to about $40 after all that work. Since my LCS pays spot for common .999 it makes no sense to try and hope to make 50 cents over spot on eBay, my time is worth more than that. Plus with my LCS I have cash in hand that day.

As a buyer, I can pay $1.10 over spot and pick what I want for common .999 so again eBay makes no sense to me at all.

The only time I liked eBay was for junk silver coins, for a while I was able to save a bit there but not much.

bobmhey
9th August 2011, 11:40
The best way is to troll the silver rounds and plain listings.

Example; Twice I made good money because I bought a NORFED SILVER round that was in a scratched plastic container and didn't say NoRFEd in the description. They were going for about 55 and I got it for 45. Same thing happened with a Canadian grizzly. The put it under 1 oz round and described it as "like a maple, but not" LOL It went for just above spot!!!!