PDA

View Full Version : Gold/Silver Up

darebear
12th July 2011, 13:22
Gold just hit a new all time high of $1570. Silver is up too, possibly recovering most of its losses from yesterday. Rome is burning.

Agentum
12th July 2011, 13:50
Gold just hit a new all time high of $1570. Silver is up too, possibly recovering most of its losses from yesterday. Rome is burning.

Rome is burning? Are you Nadler!?!?

Rome is Burning - by Jon Nadler , Jul 12 2011 12:23PM (http://www.kitco.com/ind/Nadler/jul122011.html)

And gold's May 1 high of 1576.61 still hasn't been beat.

Quo_Vadis
12th July 2011, 14:22
Have you noticed how since "China" came on line, with the new commodities exchange starting up a few weeks back, things have changed. The good old US of A don't run things any more, Silver is less manipulated and safer than it has been..................No more big falls me thinks..........................peaks and troughs may be, but no more BIG Piss takes.

immobileman
12th July 2011, 23:09
Let that be a source of steadyness for us. I would be interested to hear how many Chinese have ventured into owning metals? Just curious if they will find it as desirable as us.

Quo_Vadis
13th July 2011, 05:55
They have always tended to be a Culture that have used Precious Metals to adorn and make things, going way back through thousands of years of their History. As has been mentioned many times before, with their Government actively encouraging the Citizens to own and invest in Silver; it means a slightly different mindset as to their way of looking at the Metal (although they have always held it in high esteem). It would be interesting to see some sort of statistics, as to the take up of Silver, as an investment, among the Chinese People. However, with such a vast population, I think it would be almost impossible to get accurate figures and would of course require ALL people to be honest about if and how much they owned.

AgShaman
13th July 2011, 10:15
http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/bond021107.html

Crash Silver...Crash Damn You! (wait until tomorrow though)

darebear
13th July 2011, 10:20
Silver up over $2.00 so far today. Wow. Failed moves often portent fast moves, and this one is fast.

avcat
13th July 2011, 11:14
QE3 is coming.

silver at 38 at the moment, gold at 1587. Its upward from here IMO.

Steadfast
13th July 2011, 11:37
QE3 is coming.

Hey, silver has two rockets attached to it this time.

If we refuse to raise the debt ceiling and "default" rocket #1 launches silver to the moon!
If we raise it and then inevitably do QE3 rocket #2 launches silver to the moon!

Either way Silver goes up, our dollar is scaaa-reewd, and the USA is in danger.
Tooo much fun....

Truckman
13th July 2011, 11:42

If we refuse to raise the debt ceiling and "default" rocket #1 launches silver to the moon!
If we raise it and then inevitably do QE3 rocket #2 launches silver to the moon!

Either way Silver goes up, our dollar is scaaa-rood, and the USA is in danger.
Tooo much fun....

The whole "lets raise the debt limit to get out of trouble" idea is insane. I can't see how this doesn't end well..... lol :)

krispy
13th July 2011, 12:03
http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_05/bond021107.html

Crash Silver...Crash Damn You! (wait until tomorrow though)

Oh wow, how dirty our history really is. Makes for a dirty future! thanks for the link AgShaman

Steadfast
4th August 2011, 08:46

Either way Silver goes up, our dollar is scaaa-reewd, and the USA is in danger.
Tooo much fun....

And Rocket #2 begins to FIRE UP!
Ha! I told you so..... Just look at the price of silver, lately...

"Talk of QE3 Rises, Stocks Still Bruised"
http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2011/08/04/morning-marketbeat-talk-of-qe3-rises-stocks-still-bruised/?mod=google_news_blog

Silver, Gold, Food stores, Guns, Interwoven Community, and mostly GOD,
are now the only REAL commodities we should invest in...

darebear
4th August 2011, 12:00
Looks like PMs are falling off a cliff today.

Matthew Shelley
4th August 2011, 12:26
Looks like PMs are falling off a cliff today.

Shaking some of the fleas off the dog's back. I'm waiting to see how the Asians react to this overnight before I decide where to be a buyer again. The nice thing about trading futures is that you can make money going down too.

Matthew Shelley
Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

wdwexe
4th August 2011, 12:35
Both ways ! Really Matty ? Almost seems too good to be true ! Sounds criminal. Do you even have to touch any product ?
Thant's the way to go then right ?

Matthew Shelley
4th August 2011, 12:43
Both ways ! Really Matty ? Almost seems too good to be true ! Sounds criminal. Do you even have to touch any product ?
Thant's the way to go then right ?

It's not 'the' way to go. It is a way to go. I suggest you get a copy of "The Commodity Trading Manual" published by the Chicago Board of Trade so you can learn how the markets work.

wdwexe
4th August 2011, 13:24
It's not 'the' way to go. It is a way to go. I suggest you get a copy of "The Commodity Trading Manual" published by the Chicago Board of Trade so you can learn how the markets work.

Matty. Will the manual explain how Silver gets smacked down $2 in no time without any indicators. How many sellers do you think there were in the last hour or so?

Matthew Shelley
4th August 2011, 13:48
Matty. Will the manual explain how Silver gets smacked down $2 in no time without any indicators. How many sellers do you think there were in the last hour or so?

Maybe you need different indicators. To my boss this morning:

"Reply
Matthew Shelley to ****
show details 7:54 AM (5 hours ago)
As much as I'd like the commissions, **** is driving me nuts by pushing me to add more Silver. I was almost yelling at him a minute ago that if he added a third, that he would be risking burning the account to the ground. If it were to fall 75 cents, the next stop is $39.50."

Matthew Shelley
Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

Steadfast
4th August 2011, 13:58

The pattern of the fall does NOT show the signature four point manipulation pattern seen in the past...
I suspect that todays $3 drop was a ETF PM sell off by investors scrambling to cover their sudden losses in the stock market...
The same thing happened to PM's in the 2008 crash...

However, the big four banks absolutely saw and jumped into today's sell off, and exacerbated the drop by simultaneously dumping more cheap, and fake, ETF's on the market...

What is Truth?
4th August 2011, 14:03
Let me know when you think it is time to buy back in.... That includes palladium or platinum for me. Dealing with these coin shops is getting old. You go to sell and half do not even answer their phone. Others waste your time coming up with a phony price. Only one was professional, but with the others acting like that how long will that last?

Matthew Shelley
4th August 2011, 14:18
Let me know when you think it is time to buy back in.... That includes palladium or platinum for me. Dealing with these coin shops is getting old. You go to sell and half do not even answer their phone. Others waste your time coming up with a phony price. Only one was professional, but with the others acting like that how long will that last?

I plan to be staring at it very closely looking for a place to buy first thing in the morning. I just want to wait and see what the Asians and London do with it overnight. That or I will start buying around $36 regardless. I don''t have any good technical indicators for Palladium other than the Silver timing, so that will be when I start picking it up too. I still think Platinum is fairly overpriced in comparison with the others, so I have no good reason to trade it.

Matthew Shelley
Commodity Broker