PDA

View Full Version : A Shiny...Dark Market

AgShaman
8th July 2011, 00:08
http://www.minyanville.com/businessmarkets/articles/silver-silver-futures-silver-price-silver/7/7/2011/id/35580

Crash Silver....Crash Damn You! (wait until tomorrow though)

Ray5555
8th July 2011, 02:27
No continue to rise my precious silver. Ignore this fool who doubted you!!!!!! Rise to $60 a ounce my precious!!!!!

The fool comment was just a joke and by no means should be taken as anything but a joke.

silverheartbone
8th July 2011, 07:47
http://www.minyanville.com/businessmarkets/articles/silver-silver-futures-silver-price-silver/7/7/2011/id/35580

"The price of silver going into July has been pretty steady, though volatile. However, there is no crash-induced incentive to accept cash over physical. The fact that so many are taking the cash route so early in July is highly suggestive of a hefty premium being paid to compensate contract holders to give up delivery rights. Is there any other possible financial reason that contract holders would take the trouble to deposit funds into their COMEX account to fully prepay silver delivery (each contract is for 5,000 ounces), and then just accept a cash settlement?

These speculators, as much as they are dismissed as greedy and evil, are performing a simple task that all markets are supposed to feature: price discovery. If there is a physical shortage, and these cash speculators show that it is very real, it should follow through to the price of the metal. Only price discovery can alleviate the shortage – that is the free market way of allocating scarce resources. Yet, after May’s price action, it has not.

This brings up an important distinction that is not supposed to materialize in a free market exchange. If these speculators are indeed obtaining a cash premium in the futures market, then that premium is the actual price of silver. The published spot rate is nothing more than the show price. The fact that there are multiple hidden prices means that the silver market is not performing its vital function of resource allocation."

The cockroaches that operate the commodities exchanges need to operate in a hidden manner to continue their deceptions.

It is crucial to grok that the banksters entire evil kabbal is based on secrecy to keep the proletariat from access to rightful power.

So EXACTLY why is the silver "premium" paid out by the CRIMEX not public?

Free market my ass.

Matthew Shelley
8th July 2011, 09:44
"The price of silver going into July has been pretty steady, though volatile. However, there is no crash-induced incentive to accept cash over physical. The fact that so many are taking the cash route so early in July is highly suggestive of a hefty premium being paid to compensate contract holders to give up delivery rights. Is there any other possible financial reason that contract holders would take the trouble to deposit funds into their COMEX account to fully prepay silver delivery (each contract is for 5,000 ounces), and then just accept a cash settlement?

These speculators, as much as they are dismissed as greedy and evil, are performing a simple task that all markets are supposed to feature: price discovery. If there is a physical shortage, and these cash speculators show that it is very real, it should follow through to the price of the metal. Only price discovery can alleviate the shortage – that is the free market way of allocating scarce resources. Yet, after May’s price action, it has not.

This brings up an important distinction that is not supposed to materialize in a free market exchange. If these speculators are indeed obtaining a cash premium in the futures market, then that premium is the actual price of silver. The published spot rate is nothing more than the show price. The fact that there are multiple hidden prices means that the silver market is not performing its vital function of resource allocation."
The cockroaches that operate the commodities exchanges need to operate in a hidden manner to continue their deceptions.
It is crucial to grok that the banksters entire evil kabbal is based on secrecy to keep the proletariat from access to rightful power.
So EXACTLY why is the silver "premium" paid out by the CRIMEX not public?
Free market my ass.

Gotta love it when people whose trading experience consists of the three ounces of Silver in their sock drawer make commentary on the market at large.

For both of you who don't understand how it works, every time a primary futures delivery comes up, there are a large number of contracts that get offset because the holders do not want to stand for delivery. Particularly what are known as 'local' traders. When I used to do arbitrage, we used to watch delivery dates like hawks because if you are in delivery, the oldest trades get delivered first. Every once in a while, someone would run forward with deliveries and we would end up stuck taking it, but that was our own problem, usually we would be trying to trade out of it in the pit. If we had to take a delivery, it was very possible I might have to move a couple million dollars worth of Silver or Gold from the exchange vault in the basement of the CBOT to the basement of the Continental Bank or vice-versa.

Outside customers may have to put up full contract value to their brokerage houses, but that isn't a requirement of exchange members. The exchange knows that they can put up the member's seat(s) for sale any second of any day if there is a problem.

All of these bubbleheads who "know" how the markets work might be served to actually trade in them at least once to get some experience.

gollumthegreat
8th July 2011, 11:35
You are an arrogant cockroach Shelley. The day of your reckoning is nigh.

Matthew Shelley
8th July 2011, 11:42
You are an arrogant cockroach Shelley. The day of your reckoning is nigh.

Plop, plop, fizz,fizz.....

Truckman
8th July 2011, 12:12
Plop, plop, fizz,fizz.....

Now I know why you are always here, you probably pulled the wings off of flies and burned ants with a magnifying glass when you were a child. Kinda like a polite, legalized Roger who does his dirty work in the light of day like a politician. You come here and mock people who can't wrap their mind around your pyramid scheme, all the while taking their money through your "commissions". I wonder how much they would pay if they knew you were posting on a forum all the time.

Matthew Shelley
8th July 2011, 12:27
Now I know why you are always here, you probably pulled the wings off of flies and burned ants with a magnifying glass when you were a child. Kinda like a polite, legalized Roger who does his dirty work in the light of day like a politician. You come here and mock people who can't wrap their mind around your pyramid scheme, all the while taking their money through your "commissions". I wonder how much they would pay if they knew you were posting on a forum all the time.

If someone wants to tell us what they "know" about trading in metals without having actually done it, I'll call them on it. This is something I have spent my life doing and in large amounts and it ticks me off when people make up stories that simply aren't true. Sorry if the truth doesn't suit your fantasies, but it's the coin I work with.

Truckman
8th July 2011, 12:35
If someone wants to tell us what they "know" about trading in metals without having actually done it, I'll call them on it. This is something I have spent my life doing and in large amounts and it ticks me off when people make up stories that simply aren't true. Sorry if the truth doesn't suit your fantasies, but it's the coin I work with.

I don't have any fantasies, the coins I work and deal with all weigh about a troy once and make a real nice sound when you tap them, I have a feeling your version of coin can be bought at Staples in reams of 500 pages. As Forrest Gump would say "Paper is as Paper does".....

What is Truth?
8th July 2011, 12:48
More sellers than buyers the price tends to go down. The reverse is true too. So what is the big deal?

Matthew Shelley
8th July 2011, 13:11
I don't have any fantasies, the coins I work and deal with all weigh about a troy once and make a real nice sound when you tap them, I have a feeling your version of coin can be bought at Staples in reams of 500 pages. As Forrest Gump would say "Paper is as Paper does".....

The version I deal with these days comes in thousand ounce bars that thump loudly when you drop them.

gollumthegreat
8th July 2011, 13:59
The version I deal with these days comes in thousand ounce bars that thump loudly when you drop them.

You won't hear that thump when all the bars you are short drop on your napper. You will hear the jail doors and never again see the light of day if I were dispensing justice. The BIS are short 7 years annual production. This chirade is in it's final chapter. You Paper pushers are vermin. You need exterminating.

aequitas
8th July 2011, 14:08
As in any fractional reserve system a run is possible Shelley. Unfortunately for Silver the leverage is 100-1 or higher if we unraveled all the OTC derivatives. A large change in price say 100-200% would cause huge losses like what we saw before May 1st. You are a liar and a Cheat. You know that Crimex and the SLV and every other paper instrument would be totally screwed if even 10% of people demanded a physical market that are using the paper markets to trade PM's. So I look forward to when the SHTF in the PM markets so I can come on Silverseek and watch you flail trying to explain that bankers and brokers really have our best interests at heart and your very sorry you all made so much money by perpetuating a rigged market.

Truckman
8th July 2011, 14:28

Just to satisfy my own morbid curiosity. Do tell, when was the last time you dropped a 1000 oz bar?? Heck, when is the last time you even held a 1000 oz bar?? You vultures rarely do any hard work, you just wait to pick the bones of others.

Matthew Shelley
8th July 2011, 14:31
As in any fractional reserve system a run is possible Shelley. Unfortunately for Silver the leverage is 100-1 or higher if we unraveled all the OTC derivatives. A large change in price say 100-200% would cause huge losses like what we saw before May 1st. You are a liar and a Cheat. You know that Crimex and the SLV and every other paper instrument would be totally screwed if even 10% of people demanded a physical market that are using the paper markets to trade PM's. So I look forward to when the SHTF in the PM markets so I can come on Silverseek and watch you flail trying to explain that bankers and brokers really have our best interests at heart and your very sorry you all made so much money by perpetuating a rigged market.

Did you originally hear that song 25 years ago when it first came out? Or did you just learn it recently from someone else.

aequitas
8th July 2011, 15:15
Actually I have seen the raw data from COT reports, CME eligible inventory decline from 100 million to around 30, BIS reports, warnings of manipulation by Andrew McGuire that were carried out exactly as he warned. Irrefutable evidence has been brought forward by GATA that the government has openly admitted having regret over not suppressing the gold price sooner (Alan Greenspan, Congressional testimony). You are the fool and the evidence is on my side, of course I suppose were all fools for not paying storage fees or buying contracts on the COMEX. Cause that's how the pros do it right?

Just keep pushing your paper, its brass on the Titanic and its all going down.

silverheartbone
9th July 2011, 12:40

And then you wake up. http://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

silverheartbone
17th July 2011, 06:28
Mike Stathis (http://qrobe.it/search/?q=mike+stathis+website) was recently interviewed.

The 21 minute interview in .mp3 format can be accessed
through the following hyper-link.
DBS interviews Financial Analyst Mike Stathis (http://iamthewitness.com/audio/mike%20stathis/TFC.SMITH.Mike.Stathis.7-14-2011.PM.mp3)

silverheartbone
20th July 2011, 08:22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek_D-5XwVrU

silverheartbone
20th July 2011, 08:51
http://www.kitco.com/hist_charts/silver/24_hours/2011/ag07192011.gif

There was no significant news about the element silver's fundamental characteristics,
and technical indicators did not show any two hour 4% devaluation in the metal's value.

The kabbal naked shorting "sells" mucho silver into the market to depress the price, knowing that they will NEVER redeem their promises to deliver physical silver.

Matthew Shelley
20th July 2011, 11:01
There was no significant news about the element silver's fundamental characteristics,
and technical indicators did not show any two hour 4% devaluation in the metal's value.
The kabbal naked shorting "sells" mucho silver into the market to depress the price, knowing that they will NEVER redeem their promises to deliver physical silver.

Want to take delivery and prove everyone wrong? Wire me full contract value and I'll set it up in a heartbeat, then if even the tiniest thing goes wrong with the delivery you can come back here and crow your brains out and singlehandedly be responsible for a gigantic rally in the price of Silver.

I've offered this challenge so many times over the decades, and never has one of the manipulation whiners taken me up on it. Regular delivery people just go about their business day to day as needed.

silverheartbone
20th July 2011, 11:07
Want to take delivery and prove everyone wrong? Wire me full contract value and I'll set it up in a heartbeat, then if even the tiniest thing goes wrong with the delivery you can come back here and crow your brains out and singlehandedly be responsible for a gigantic rally in the price of Silver.

I've offered this challenge so many times over the decades, and never has one of the manipulation whiners taken me up on it. Regular delivery people just go about their business day to day as needed.

Hey, you deliver the metal as* I deliver the paper.
That's how I do business.

*simultaneously

Matthew Shelley
20th July 2011, 11:18
Hey, you deliver the metal as* I deliver the paper.
That's how I do business.
*simultaneously

As I said, step up to the plate with a wire. If you want a certificate that you can walk up to the vault door with, it's your's.

I'm sure you would find it to be an exciting experience. Personally, I've been through so many deliveries that they bore me to tears.

Of course, I know this is all talk. Someone serious about it would talk directly to a person who could facilitate it.

Oh, and no one is going to drive Silver to you door based on a 'promise'.

silverheartbone
20th July 2011, 11:22
As I said, step up to the plate with a wire. If you want a certificate that you can walk up to the vault door with, it's your's.

I'm sure you would find it to be an exciting experience. Personally, I've been through so many deliveries that they bore me to tears.

Of course, I know this is all talk. Someone serious about it would talk directly to a person who could facilitate it.
That it wouldn't be you comes as no surprise to me.

Matthew Shelley
20th July 2011, 11:36
That it wouldn't be you comes as no surprise to me.

5 one thousand ounce bars on your doorstep. Send me the address, and I will send you wiring instructions along with the delivery costs for the Brinks truck.

That this would never happen comes as no surprise to me. That you are making up stories also comes as no surprise to me.

aequitas
20th July 2011, 12:52
Matthew Shelley has stated that he is an expert commodities broker who will deliver to any takers. However his comments suggest otherwise. Recently he posted that it is illegal to melt 90% silver coinage. This is not true and for a commodities broker that supposedly was alive when the great melt occured during the 1980 price spike, a suspicous error. Furthermore his explanations of the machinations of comex and the silver market are also incorrect. He states that their is not naked shorting and no illegal or manipulative practices occur on the comex. Based on his posts he seems like a government paid troll whos only purpose is to sow doubt and confusion. Also soliciting his services on silverseek seems like a violation of forum policy.

So do us all a favor and take your nonsense to kitco or somewhere were people appreciate disinformation.

Matthew Shelley
20th July 2011, 12:58
Matthew Shelley has stated that he is an expert commodities broker who will deliver to any takers. However his comments suggest otherwise. Recently he posted that it is illegal to melt 90% silver coinage. This is not true and for a commodities broker that supposedly was alive when the great melt occured during the 1980 price spike, a suspicous error. Furthermore his explanations of the machinations of comex and the silver market are also incorrect. He states that their is not naked shorting and no illegal or manipulative practices occur on the comex. Based on his posts he seems like a government paid troll whos only purpose is to sow doubt and confusion. Also soliciting his services on silverseek seems like a violation of forum policy.
So do us all a favor and take your nonsense to kitco or somewhere were people appreciate disinformation.

Got more lies you'd like to tell about me? Or as you call it "disinformation".

Yet another delivery nonsense imaginer who will never be remotely near a delivery chimes in.

Matthew Shelley
20th July 2011, 13:42
Matthew, I am not taking sides in this piss fight, but I do need to ask a genuine question, and this is a serious question.
Hypothetically, If I wanted to buy say 4 million dollars worth of physical silver, would you be able to handle that and arrange for delivery - to the Philippines? Would you know how to go about doing this and arrange for secure International transport? Can this transaction be something that can be done under the radar?

I can't discuss something that would be "under the radar". The stuff I do has to all be above board.

My Pants Are Cold
20th July 2011, 14:11
No, I mean the shipping to the Philippines only needs to be confidential.
Isn't that called smuggling? Isn't that NOT above board.

Matthew Shelley
20th July 2011, 14:16
No, I mean the shipping to the Philippines only needs to be confidential.

100,000 ounces wouldn't be too big of a deal, but I've never arranged shipping to the Philippines. I'd have to look into that. It might turn out that it would be more cost effective to get it from Hong Kong. In which case I would talk to my brother in law in Sydney for details and likely have you speak with him. I don't know if he arranges deliveries these days, but he would be able to give you a referral if he doesn't.

Matthew Shelley
20th July 2011, 14:19
Isn't that called smuggling? Isn't that NOT above board.

I think he means he doesn't want word of the shipment to get into the wrong hands. Not that he's trying to avoid customs. Security is an issue on an international shipment like that.

~G~
20th July 2011, 16:19
Got more lies you'd like to tell about me? Or as you call it "disinformation".

You did say you can't melt 90% US coins...I was the one that corrected you on it.

Matthew Shelley
21st July 2011, 08:21
You did say you can't melt 90% US coins...I was the one that corrected you on it.

Under current regulations, it's a very big gray area. The government may or may not decide to prosecute, depending on their whim. In general, melting U.S. coins can be considered an offense under the laws of defacing coins. I'm sure you could get away with it in small amounts, but in large amounts I wouldn't be surprised to hear Treasury agents knocking on the door. It could be argued in court against the government, but I don't think it's worth the headache.

Matthew Shelley
21st July 2011, 08:32
This is the kind of headache I'm talking about. When it comes to coins, the government tends to make decisions based on changes in the air currents.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/07/20/3782607/jury-us-govt-rightfully-seized.html

~G~
21st July 2011, 15:25
No, it's clearly been illegal to have those coins...If you knew numismatics you would know that...Pennies and nickels are the only coins you can't melt.

~G~
21st July 2011, 15:26
Why would coin shops buy silver slicks if they couldn't melt them..?

aequitas
22nd July 2011, 01:50
Why would coin shops buy silver slicks if they couldn't melt them..?

Exactly, silver coinage is legal to melt becaues it is no longer circulating coinage and is considered bullion for all intents and purposes. Purchase or sale of $1000 FV 90% U.S. coinage or more requires by law a 1099 form. Proving beyond doubt that 90% silver is bullion and is exchanged and taxed as such. The case Shelley linked is about a theft from the mint, not regulations for melting coinage so I dont see the connection at all.

aequitas
22nd July 2011, 02:01
Its easy to just call someone a liar, but I have explained and carefully refuted your lies. What have you done?

Just admit it you dont know what you are talking about.