PDA

View Full Version : See what happens when you let the noobs dictate policy on this forum "MR MODERATORS"

augernaut
20th June 2011, 07:55
Seems like nobody posts anything in here anymore.You can almost hear the sound of silver sliding backwards .:cool:

isaiah58
20th June 2011, 10:23
What changed?

Quo_Vadis
20th June 2011, 10:36
I've no doubt that practically ALL of us on here are STILL Fans of Silver, but things are quiet at the moment. It's like a group of People all sitting around in a Circle, having a conversation about an Ant that's crawling about in the middle. I mean, there's only so much you can say about it..................and THAT'S when it's doing something.

Ardent Listener
20th June 2011, 13:25
Now that Mr. R is gone no one seems to have anything to say. It is summer so we ought to expect things to slow down.

Glock69
20th June 2011, 22:32
I have tried 3 or 4 times to start new threads, but since I am new they don't post, so I now barely come on this site, even thOugh there is lots of great information and it's also interesting and entertaining

Quo_Vadis
21st June 2011, 04:31
I have tried 3 or 4 times to start new threads, but since I am new they don't post, so I now barely come on this site, even thOugh there is lots of great information and it's also interesting and entertaining

I must confess, I don't know why that should be; but I don't run the Show.

broox419
21st June 2011, 06:05
They days are longer! More time to go out and get things done = less time on the internet.

Fundamentals haven't gone on vacation, there just seems to be less going on that will affect the price of PM's until the so-called deadline for the debt ceiling (August 2nd).

duneyman jr
21st June 2011, 15:56
Seems like nobody posts anything in here anymore.You can almost hear the sound of silver sliding backwards .:cool:

Stop whining you filthy animal.

buffalo3
21st June 2011, 20:55
Only people that have nothing to do are brokers. So they are here. CONSTANTLY.

Matthew Shelley
22nd June 2011, 08:06
Only people that have nothing to do are brokers. So they are here. CONSTANTLY.

Welcome to the end of June/beginning of July. People who have traded for more than a year understand there is this little obscure annoyance in the markets called "seasonality". There are some serious database programmers/traders who take very good advantage of it.

Let us know what you have learned about it next year.

buffalo3
23rd June 2011, 16:22
Welcome to the end of June/beginning of July. People who have traded for more than a year understand there is this little obscure annoyance in the markets called "seasonality". There are some serious database programmers/traders who take very good advantage of it.

Let us know what you have learned about it next year.

So what season do you work? SA

What is Truth?
23rd June 2011, 16:42

I can't understand the seasonality though. Maybe back in the stone age they went on vacation to the shore and stopped trading. But now even I have an I-Pad. So what's up with that?

Matthew Shelley
23rd June 2011, 16:55
I can't understand the seasonality though. Maybe back in the stone age they went on vacation to the shore and stopped trading. But now even I have an I-Pad. So what's up with that?

Basic example is that the metals are strong at the end of every year due to demand from holiday gift giving. This time of year traders tend to step back a bit to take advantage of the summer weather.

Prospector
23rd June 2011, 17:44
In case you can't figure it out, this is what happens when you are impolite to people like Mr. R. Others don't want to expose themselves to such treatment so they go to some other forum.

What is Truth?
23rd June 2011, 18:39
In case you can't figure it out, this is what happens when you are impolite to people like Mr. R. Others don't want to expose themselves to such treatment so they go to some other forum.

Prospector, either here or at Kitco you are always a scholar and gentleman.