PDA

View Full Version : Silver and infections

Ancona
24th January 2009, 18:20
I read that silver has the same effect on bacteria as liquid sanitizers. While I'm not clear on exactly how this works, it would seem that in the case of a skin infection, simply placing a silver round or something against it and covering it with gauze and tape would have the same effect as an antibacterial, except your system can never become accustomed to it, thereby weakening the effect.

Any feedback?

What about fine powdered silver? I would think you could use emery paper to make your own, and it would be relatively cheap. How about mixing some in with a water or glycerine based gel, like K-Y.

For purposes of survival in a SHTF scenario, this would be awesome.

hiyosilver
25th January 2009, 01:14
Basically the way it works is the bacteria consume the silver particles and it suffocates them. Placing silver on a wound might have some effect, but to be most effective it needs to be in microscopic particles. nanoparticles are most effective. To read more on this, check out this past thread:

http://forums.silverseek.com/showthread.php?t=1187

I personally use a particular product and have had amazing results. I'm not a promoter of the stuff, but a more than happy customer. My elderly mother had suffered with a recurring internal infection for years. She had to take antibiotics with terrible side effects several times a year just to alleviate the pain. It would usually take several weeks for the antibiotic to have any effect, and then it would recur again in a month or so. After treating myself for a period of time without any side effects whatsoever, I decided to give it to her to try. Within a week she felt better than she had in years, and now maintaining with only a teaspoon a day she hasn't had a recurrence in over a period now of about 3 months. That alone was worth alot more than the price I paid for it.

I had a cancer removed from my arm. The wound not only got infected, it was obvious it was going to leave an ugly raised scar. I saturated a bandage with the nanosilver and left it on there for three days. When I took it off, I was totally surprised. The infection was completely gone and the wound had flattened out. Now, you have to be looking for the scar to find it. I know I sound like some kind of salesman or something, but these things I'm putting down here are true. I have other accounts about it, but I don't think it's necessary to go into those.

Ancona
25th January 2009, 09:47
where do you get, or how does one make nano silver? Is it like colloidal silver?

fullsafe
27th January 2009, 17:49
I'm not familiar with nano but have used colloidal for years with good success. I bought a generator in the 90s off an add in 'The Free American' published by Clay Douglas and it still produces the "yellow stuff" just fine today. I'm sure you could ffind one on-line that works and is less than $100.

hiyosilver
28th January 2009, 01:10
Scan a little more than halfway down this page for a chart of comparisons of products:

http://silver-colloids.com/Reports/reports.html

Then go to this page to purchase the highest rated one, (which is the one I use):

http://www.colloidsforlife.com/Mesosilver_colloidal_silver.html
There are many good links to more information on this page also.
Personally, I recommend the gallon for the best value. But that's up to you.

I want to add one more comment. I don't use it on a daily maintenance basis, but at the first indication of any kind of infection, I start a 3 day treatment plan. Usually by the second day, the symptoms have gone. I've done this when everyone else around me was getting very uncomfortably sick, and I escaped with only a runny nose and a slight sore throat for a couple of days. That in itself is amazing to me. I have the belief that this stuff could very well be a successful treatment for bird flu if used in a nebulizer device. I have used it as a nasal spray, a throat spray, gargle and swallow, and in a nebulizer, as well as treatment for wounds, and I have never had any adverse effects.

McGruff
29th January 2009, 22:08
I want to add one more comment. I don't use it on a daily maintenance basis, but at the first indication of any kind of infection, I start a 3 day treatment plan. Usually by the second day, the symptoms have gone. I've done this when everyone else around me was getting very uncomfortably sick, and I escaped with only a runny nose and a slight sore throat for a couple of days. That in itself is amazing to me. I have the belief that this stuff could very well be a successful treatment for bird flu if used in a nebulizer device. I have used it as a nasal spray, a throat spray, gargle and swallow, and in a nebulizer, as well as treatment for wounds, and I have never had any adverse effects.

Would you mind sharing the dosages that you use for prevention? A spoonful? A cup? how often? I am seriously considering getting a gallon of Mesosilver to keep on hand for just such a use during the cold/flu season. Of course the manufacturer recommends taking it daily for obvious reasons, but the stuff is awfully expensive so I'm wondering what works for you.

Also, the family cat just got diagnosed with some type of feline virus that the vet says is always eventually fatal. I'm wondering if colloidal silver would be of any benefit.

Ancona
30th January 2009, 09:14
Would you mind sharing the dosages that you use for prevention? A spoonful? A cup? how often? I am seriously considering getting a gallon of Mesosilver to keep on hand for just such a use during the cold/flu season. Of course the manufacturer recommends taking it daily for obvious reasons, but the stuff is awfully expensive so I'm wondering what works for you.

Also, the family cat just got diagnosed with some type of feline virus that the vet says is always eventually fatal. I'm wondering if colloidal silver would be of any benefit.

I haven't read anything about veterinary use, but I would bet it has a similar effect on animals.

hiyosilver
3rd February 2009, 01:30

I'm sorry to respond so late.

I use it sparingly, but with good result.

At first sign of some type of internal infection, I'll gargle and swallow a tablespoon twice a day for 3 days. If the lungs seem to be effected, I add it to my nebulizer medication that I use regularly for COPD. I never accurately measured it, but I'm guessing about a half tsp. once or twice a day depending on severity. I bought a saline nose spray and dumped it out so I could use the bottle for the nanosilver. It's cleared past sinus infections within a couple of days using it. I also bought a tiny spray bottle in the section at Walmart where they have all the little travel size shampoos and lotions and things. I keep one handy for a shot in my mouth occasionally for throat irritation, and seems to help unpleasant breath too.

Oh yes, and I gave some to my dog when he had a "cough", he was ok the next day.

I think I bought it last in October, and I've given about a quart of it away to other family members. I have slightly less than a half gallon left after giving it also to my immediate family. With all that it's done for several people it's was well worth the estimated $40/month.

If it were my cat, I'd give it a pretty strong dose for a few days, perhaps mixed with some broth. Maybe a tbs. twice a day for 2 days, then cut it down to a tsp twice a day for 2 days, then one tsp. for awhile. I had some cats die from that virus some years ago. It's not a pleasant thing to see. Use your own discretion on your animal and yourselves, as far as that goes. It just might kill that virus, though. I'd like to know your result.

btw, I understand some people have allergy to silver, so make sure they test a small amount on themselves or animals first.

SPanara
6th February 2009, 04:48
We even give it to our pets in their water bowls, whenever they get sick. Our cat absolutely loves it, and in fact, prefers drinking colloidal silver to his regular water. An interesting animal lover's web site called Bender place also recommends giving cats and other pets colloidal silver, rather than risking potentially dangerous vaccinations which often harm pets. As for the problem of different commercial brands of colloidal silver having different strength and using different types of measurements, this is one good reason why you should always make your own colloidal silver. That way you always know you are getting pure colloidal silver with no additives, and you personally control the stength.

http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3353-s-TAMIFLU.aspx

Ancona
7th February 2009, 11:24
I tried some colloidal silver on a little cut, and it did not get infected or anything. I was kind of expecting it to heal faster, but I guess not. As a diabetic, my body does not heal as quickly as someone who is not, so I'm always looking for something to quicken my recovery whenever I get sick, or cut.

frankl4
28th February 2009, 05:35
I own a water purification system that uses a silver based element to purify water. I think silver kills bacteria at the molecular level. You can't just place silver on a wound and have the bacteria sanitized. Go to the , "www.berkeylight.net" web site and you may read up on this subject in detail.

hiyosilver
26th April 2009, 23:57
I own a water purification system that uses a silver based element to purify water. I think silver kills bacteria at the molecular level. You can't just place silver on a wound and have the bacteria sanitized. Go to the , "www.berkeylight.net" web site and you may read up on this subject in detail.

Burn treatment centers use silver quite extensively. Resulting in infection prevention, quicker healing, and reduced scarring.

Silver Lady
29th June 2009, 20:44
I make and take nanoparticulate ionic-colloidal silver. Between .001-.005 microns in size and 5 ppm and 20 ppm.

There are so many uses for it. If you have any questions about it helping a condition, just google the condition and colloidal silver.

It kills almost all pathogens (bacteria, viruses, & fungi) by suffocating their oxygen. Virtually ALL pathogens need oxygen.

What I have noticed throughout most of the thread is that you wait until you HAVE something before you take it. If you take it regularly as a nutritional or maintenance dose (the 5ppm), it enhances or builds up your immune system and you JUST DON'T GET SICK! I only take about a tablespoon 2x/wk and haven't been sick in almost 4 years now! The EPA (who knows how they got involved) says that an avg. adult can take up to a 1/4 cup/day of the 5ppm and never get into their "warning zone", and more if for a short period of time. "Papa Smurf" made his own from impure water with too large of particles and too high of a ppm, and then drank a glass a day...for decades. A RESPONSIBLE person will not get argyria (turn blue). The other "side effect" from colloidal silver can be experienced when 1st starting its use. It can kill off so many toxins that the body's elimination systems can't process it properly and you get....diarrhea. Just take less for awhile. It doesn't take very long for the silver to exit your body if you don't want it there.

Now, in the not so distant future it may be prudent to have this product, at least available. It can keep you from getting the colds and flus (and this means the Swine and Avian flus too!) It will keep you healthy. If you get hurt, it will keep infections out and speed healing. It can purify your drinking water. You can use it like a mouthwash, except swish and swallow. It gets into the capillaries quicker AND kills the bacteria/absesses in your mouth. It protects your pets the same way, they just need less. (Kills parvo and ear mites etc.) It's a lot cheaper than drugs. If survivalism comes into play, this stuff is an absolute MUST!

Argyria
7th July 2009, 22:55
"Virtually ALL pathogens need oxygen."

Not true. Bacteria are divided into 2 major categories, aerobic and anaerobic. The anaerobic ones not only don't need oxygen, in fact it is poisonous to them. Staph infections and tetanus are just 2 examples that lept to mind, there are many more. From what little research I have done, it would appear that the mechanism by which silver kills pathogens is still not clear.

Silver Lady
15th July 2009, 14:45
Thank Argyria. For clarifying the Superconductor issue too on the other thread. To be sure, you are one intelligent person! I would hope you keep monitoring my comments for accuracy because I don't want to mislead anyone.

I find this site to be knowledgeable. http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/treat/T305361.html A quote: "CS does not attack bacteria directly, but rather deactivates enzymes responsible for the multiplication and metabolism of anaerobic organisms especially. Microbes cannot mutate into silver-resistant forms, as happens with conventional antibiotics. CS acts as a catalyst and is not consumed in the process; it is known to be successful against more than 650 illness-causing microorganisms." Oxygen is present in most.

Of course, of one doesn't believe in homeopathy/naturopathy, a case can easily be made against colloidal silver's validity. However the same person needs to ask himself, why would big pharma want you to take some that may steer you away from their high priced products (in the U.S. anyway) that have a long list of side effects they can also treat. And so on.

It does work very well on MRSA, staph, strep, and even colds and flus. I know some miners who came down with MRSA in the dry. Their colloidal silver kicked it in about 2 days. Another friend had a stage 4 staph infection. Same ending. Another person told me their doctor pronounced them after 28 yrs. finally free of genital herpes, which is "incurable".

Argyria
15th July 2009, 21:06
Of course, of one doesn't believe in homeopathy/naturopathy, a case can easily be made against colloidal silver's validity. However the same person needs to ask himself, why would big pharma want you to take some that may steer you away from their high priced products (in the U.S. anyway) that have a long list of side effects they can also treat. And so on.

If homeopathy is automatically something not scientifically recognized, I don't think silver falls in that category. Scientists know well that silver has some impressive anti-pathogen properties. Decades ago, silver nitrate drops were put in newborn's eyes to kill any bacteria picked up in the birthing process. Silver creams and silver impregnated bandages are used for burn victims to reduce infection. I think after further research, colloidal silver will join the ranks of 'scientific' treatments.

I may be a passable scientist, but I must admit I'm only beginning to learn about economics. When these guys talk about 'support' levels and 'cup and handle' formations I don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Silver Lady
16th July 2009, 16:30
They still use silver nitrate at birth, etc. The main problem as I see it, is not with medical professionals, but with big pharma and it's strong arm tactics using the FDA as the vehicle. Most doctors know that silver works great on many issues. They were not taught this in med. school though. The FDA, created in 1938 was given full regulatory power on anything claiming to heal. They feel that healing can only come from drugs, and so define a drug as something being manufactured in a lab and have millions of dollars spent testing them to make sure they are safe for us. A study has been done on the efficiency of the FDA, and it's not pretty. http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/07/briefing/2007-4329b_02_01_FDA%20Report%20on%20Science%20and%20Te chnology.pdf
It appears that due to low staffing and junior scientists, the FDA must rely on "unbiased" tests done by those who seek FDA approval: aka big pharma scientists. The FDA approved of silver medications up until 1957, then they got the hammer and removed them all. In 1999 they issued their infamous Talk Paper saying it is "misbranded" because it 1) doesn't come with dosage instructions and 2) has no scientific evidence to brag that it heals. Plus, it can cause your condition, argyria. This only known side effect, after the initial potential Herxheimer Effects of flu-like symptoms. Blue skin. Better than all the other side effects big pharma makes sure results from their prescription drugs. When questioned in a FOIA letter: http://www.happyherbalist.com/fda_report.htm the FDA could not cite a single adverse incident to back up their opinion. This article states it all very nicely (be sure to read the last paragraphs): http://www.naturalnews.com/022728.html

So anyway...it's not about healing, it's about money.

hiyosilver
16th July 2009, 21:56
Big pharma is very afraid of nano-silver technology...they've even tried to get the EPA involved, lobbying it to declare it an insecticide...you're right, big money doesn't want the masses to get well without going through them.....and cheaply at that....,(and with the side effects of alot of their crap, I have doubts they want you to get well at all...)

ChaunceyBigelsworth
19th July 2009, 20:38
ok i've been a silver collector for about a year but i'm a new believer in the medical aspect of it. i found this forum a few days ago and after reading this thread i decided to tape a 1oz silver bar to this rash i've had for 2 months. well after one night the rash was gone in the area the silver bar was. i tried it again the next night and it seems to be clearing up nicely. i never put anything on the rash before as it was in my crotchal region and i figured i'd have to go to a doctor to get something for it but i just tried the silver and its working beautifully. i hope this helps and hope i didn't gross you all out, lol. i also just ordered some mesosilver, i'll let you know how that turns out.

Argyria
19th July 2009, 21:26
We didn't really have to know where this rash you were treating was.:p

Jake
23rd July 2009, 17:52
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/158575.php

Johnny_Tacos
19th September 2009, 03:12
Hell this reminds me of how my relatives use to claim that their ancestors use to place silver dollars in milk... Interesting. I'm very interested in using silver as a kind of medicine. Oh and by the way, F*CK BIG PHARMA...

PlataTruth
19th September 2009, 10:53
That is exactly "poor" mans collodial silver (one can never be poor with silver), the milk reacts with the silver releasing minute chemical properties. I have also heard just leaving a silver spoon in a glass overnite as well. That way you dont get milk spots on your coins, hahaha.

argentos
20th September 2009, 06:55
Richer babies were traditionally given silver spoons (born with a silver spoon in his mouth), mugs, bowls, feeders, teething-rings and rattles.

Not to show how rich they were but to ward off infections.

Katwoman
20th September 2009, 17:42
Before you run out and try to treat yourself read the following abstract:

Stepien KM, Morris R, Brown S, Taylor A, Morgan L.: Unintentional silver intoxication following self-medication: an unusual case of corticobasal degeneration. Ann Clin Biochem. Sep 3, 2009.

Silver toxicity is a rare condition. The most notable feature is a grey-blue discoloration of the skin, argyria, although harmful effects on the liver and kidney may be seen in severe cases. Neurological symptoms are an unusual consequence of silver toxicity. So far no effective treatment has been described for this metal overdose. We report the case of a 75-year-old man who had a history of self-medication with colloidal silver and presented with myoclonic seizures.

fullsafe
23rd September 2009, 12:29
Don't let the 'conventional scientists' here scare you away from educating yourself about the medicinal attributes of silver but do educate yourself.Silver's value in medicine is well documented but as with all homeopathic uses the results are mostly anecdotal but that doesn't mean they are false.
I've made my own and used it many times and see no side affects although one must take steps to maintain a healthy level of friendly bacteria in the gut, either through supplementation or 'live' foods. A teaspoon a day will keep the Dr. away.
Anything in excess is harmful as the gal who recently died from water on a radio stunt proves. Use your head on both ends of the spectrum.

argentos
23rd September 2009, 13:24
We report the case of a 75-year-old man who had a history of self-medication with colloidal silver and presented with myoclonic seizures.

Is this the same one man who gets trotted out every time? Or a new one? :confused:

Katwoman
30th September 2009, 22:06
Is this the same one man who gets trotted out every time? Or a new one? :confused:

This is a new guy (see the date of the publication). Remember there is nothing which is not a poison, the only thing that differentiates a poison from a therapeutic is dose. That said,l caveat emptor.....natural dose not mean nontoxic!!

argentos
1st October 2009, 03:46
Thanks.

"the only thing that differentiates a poison from a therapeutic is dose" is deffo worth remembering.

suttonlucas
1st October 2009, 07:03
Thanks a lot to everyone here.

In the early 1900's the scientific reports concluded that Colloidal Silver kills every known disease-causing organism within six minutes of contact, and germs do not become resistant to it.