PDA

View Full Version : .9999 Silver set to top $16.00 on eBay

Karl K. White
29th September 2007, 20:00
eBay is currently experiencing a large Sellers Market for Canadian Silver Maple Leaf $5.00 Troy Ounce coins surpassing $15.00 per ounce, many still in original Royal Canadian Mint protective airtight polywrap. If you are a seller, the market looks to last about one week or more. If you are buying, great deals are hard to find, but worth looking for. Inexperienced buyers on eBay are advised to wait for the next downward trend coming soon.

JesterJay
19th January 2008, 00:25
Downtrend? (Playoffs?),
Consolidation is a better word. Then look out. $25 does not look out of reach this year for the shiny stuff. So many reasons to go up. So few who are manipulating the market and about to loose....their.....grip.....
JesterJay
I am STILL in South Dakota!

eBay is currently experiencing a large Sellers Market for Canadian Silver Maple Leaf $5.00 Troy Ounce coins surpassing $15.00 per ounce, many still in original Royal Canadian Mint protective airtight polywrap. If you are a seller, the market looks to last about one week or more. If you are buying, great deals are hard to find, but worth looking for. Inexperienced buyers on eBay are advised to wait for the next downward trend coming soon.

Prospector
19th January 2008, 05:13
I anticipate $23 to $28, but it will be this April. In May or June it will drop back, maybe around $16, and then go erratically sideways for a year and a half. That is the behavior we have seen for the last 8 years: 1 1/2 years sideways, a big jump in winter, give back the rise in May. So hold your silver through the winter and then swap for gold.

goldminer
19th January 2008, 19:35
"...Inexperienced buyers on eBay are advised to..."

1. Be VERY careful buying on ebay.

2. Remember that nobody ever "wins" an auction. The term "win" is a ruse used by auctioneers to suggest that somebody is getting something for nothing. Bull! The person who ends up buying the item doesn't "win" it. Rather they got it only because they were willing to pay more money (= spend top dollar!) than anyone else.

3. Before bidding on anything learn how to precisely evaluate both the credibility of the seller and the item that's up for auction. This will minimize the chance of getting ripped off.

4. ALWAYS insist that the item be insured.

5. Don't forget to look at the seller's posted cost for postage (sometimes called "shipping & handling")...and if it's not there email the seller and ask what the total cost of shipping the item to your zip code area will be. Sellers sometimes add exhorbant costs for shipping and/or handling so they end up getting more money the what was bid.

6. Don't forget to include shipping and insurance costs to figure the total amount you are paying to get the item.

JesterJay
21st January 2008, 04:30
What do suppose will be the cause for this run up and give back???
And again, why a year and a half of sideways?
I do NOT think the last 8 years will matter much when people, investors weary of the HUGE price of gold, decide silver is a screaming bargain, and we are low in supply and high in demand, AND gold really has no use except for being "pretty".
Still, you may be right, I may be crazy!
JesterJay

I anticipate $23 to $28, but it will be this April. In May or June it will drop back, maybe around $16, and then go erratically sideways for a year and a half. That is the behavior we have seen for the last 8 years: 1 1/2 years sideways, a big jump in winter, give back the rise in May. So hold your silver through the winter and then swap for gold.

Prospector
25th January 2008, 05:52
What do suppose will be the cause for this run up and give back???
And again, why a year and a half of sideways?
I do NOT think the last 8 years will matter much when people, investors weary of the HUGE price of gold, decide silver is a screaming bargain, and we are low in supply and high in demand, AND gold really has no use except for being "pretty".
Still, you may be right, I may be crazy!
JesterJay
I have no idea why. That is what I see in the last eight years, so that is what I'm betting on. But I don't bet on short term movements. I waited a year for this move and I intend to wait two years for the next move. (Except I'll swap for gold to do my waiting.) I expect a peak some time in the next ten years.

PMs just aren't for short term traders. If that's your thing you should be in stocks or something else. In PMs you study long term movements and then just wait for them.

JesterJay
26th January 2008, 12:57
I read somewhere that "past performance is no garauntee of future activity". You are counting on the opposite, I guess.
You are swapping silver for gold NOW? I thought the Gold:Silver ratio was traditionally 15:1 back before the manipulators started in. Far from that now, but I know, that was then.
I am NOT a short trader. I am buying now for the long term. A long term that I see a world where for good reason silver is king and gold is just pretty.
Jay

I have no idea why. That is what I see in the last eight years, so that is what I'm betting on. But I don't bet on short term movements. I waited a year for this move and I intend to wait two years for the next move. (Except I'll swap for gold to do my waiting.) I expect a peak some time in the next ten years.

PMs just aren't for short term traders. If that's your thing you should be in stocks or something else. In PMs you study long term movements and then just wait for them.

SilverFreak
16th March 2008, 18:08

Juat as an interesting note I was watching some auctions for one oz bars close at between $25 and $28 per oz the other night PLUS SHIPPING.... i can't believe someone would pay that much over spot.

paker
16th March 2008, 20:29

"Since 2003, copper and nickel prices have shot up 300 percent and zinc up to 450 percent, according to the subcommittee."

"When high supply drove down prices more than a decade ago, mining slowed considerably and the dwindling supply started driving up prices, said Bart Melek, a Toronto-based global commodities strategist with BMO Capital Markets, a financial services provider. For example, he said, zinc averaged $828 per ton in 2003 and last year it averaged $3,249."

http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-bzcent0314,0,7455914.story

If this article is correct I doubt if there will be much of a slide in silver prices.