PDA

View Full Version : The price of Gold

Matthew Shelley
3rd March 2011, 13:21
So what happens when Gold goes the way of tulip bulbs or cowrie shells and people realize that the only reason it's priced so high is that people 'believe' it should be priced high and are hoping that in the future there will be greater fools using even less logic.

Commodities with an intrinsic value that doesn't even remotely match their price have a bad habit of collapsing down to their intrinsic value.

Any other metal could have a bullish argument made for it. Gold's intrinsic value is a tiny percentage of it's current price.

Matthew Shelley
Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

beach miner
3rd March 2011, 14:14
A Penny for your Thoughts.

beach miner
3rd March 2011, 14:17
Hey Matt; your Dad was Right. A Bushel beats a Troy ounce in the END.

Steadfast
3rd March 2011, 14:17
OK, Matthew....since gold sucks that much...
I will trade you a whole 10oz silver bar for as many 1oz gold eagles or 1oz gold maple leaves you have...

Come on....that's 10oz for just 1oz!...
What a deal...!

What do you say?

Matthew Shelley
3rd March 2011, 17:02
OK, Matthew....since gold sucks that much...
I will trade you a whole 10oz silver bar for as many 1oz gold eagles or 1oz gold maple leaves you have...
Come on....that's 10oz for just 1oz!...
What a deal...!
What do you say?

Not an ounce of Gold do I have. Silver I like, Palladium I like, I think Platinum is pretty pricey but still OK to own. I wouldn't hold any Gold unless it lost at least 90% of it's current price, and even then I'd have to take a cold hard look at it first.