PDA

View Full Version : What's Time to a Hog? Do It Yourself!

Sue-Z-Q
26th December 2008, 14:53
qwertyqwerty

DannyBoy
26th December 2008, 15:18
I unplugged my TV in 1997, and discarded it by 1999. In its place, I mostly listen to the radio (Classical), or play piano or guitar.

Figuring that the average American spends 2 hours/day watching telivision (who knows?... it could be more), I estimate that I've gained an entire year of life not being subjected to advertisements and propaganda.

I'm always thinking about "time" and how it relates to money and power. A mortage is just "collatoralized time". Given that each breath decreases the total number of breaths that one has left to breathe, one should not be cavaliar with time.

Whenever you sit through a commercial, you are granting them your precious time and mental energy. Don't squander that precious stuff willy nilly.

sunsetcliff
26th December 2008, 19:06
I unplugged my TV in 1997, and discarded it by 1999. In its place, I mostly listen to the radio (Classical), or play piano or guitar.

Figuring that the average American spends 2 hours/day watching telivision (who knows?... it could be more), I estimate that I've gained an entire year of life not being subjected to advertisements and propaganda.

I'm always thinking about "time" and how it relates to money and power. A mortage is just "collatoralized time". Given that each breath decreases the total number of breaths that one has left to breathe, one should not be cavaliar with time.

Whenever you sit through a commercial, you are granting them your precious time and mental energy. Don't squander that precious stuff willy nilly.

When I moved to PA. (1988) I refused to pay for TV reception. So for about 10 years, I had no TV.

Then I seen a sale around 1999 on satellite. This past Spring, I was mad that a rebate for $25 was denied for a pay channel. Meanwhile, the constant teasers, promos and commercials..along with the sound booms. To have that was becoming to much work--- and $63 a month. When I had 200 channels, nothing on. Now somehow I get 3 channels still...but to be frank, I come to despise interruptions.

I am concerned the web will get too TV-ized. Where it talks TO me, and not a exchange like we are now doing.

Im getting creaped out by it- like in the stores, in waiting rooms, and now even in my dentists room...I havent been back there since he got the tvs in. Like I am a nut if I would ask to shut it off.

One thing, rich or poor, we all have 24-7.

Congrats on smashing your TV!!!!

sunsetcliff
26th December 2008, 19:16
Hello Sue. :-)

I am currently on purpose am not overdoing the activity. I need a period of ...no craziness. I guess when I sorta fell thru a window I was attempting to install, and went to ER for stitches, that I have slowed down.

Smarter not harder. For sure.

As long as we are on the topic... electric will effect sleep. In the 40s they did a study. A person went into a lead room, so as to not get any of the energy fields. He slept better.

If you get AM/FM/cell those are fields.

I aM into feng shui.
WHich is a Chinese thinking on place and space.

I told Jenny on this item... dont go to bed with a cordless and cell near the skull. I dont even have them in the same room.

OH- heres an idea- get yourself a gadget that measures electric used. My sat box used 30 watts even when it was off!!! I was surprised how much some plug in items were using even when turned off.

sunsetcliff
27th December 2008, 09:00
cheap azz imports from low cost labor markets! "

they" just dont make embalming fluid the way they used to.

^slaps knees

Sue-Z-Q
27th December 2008, 10:54
cheap azz imports from low cost labor markets! "

they" just dont make embalming fluid the way they used to.

^slaps knees

qwertyqwerty