PDA

View Full Version : help, busy street ,NOISE

sunsetcliff
26th December 2008, 11:23
Hi.

I bought my house almost 2 years ago. Moving is not an option. I live on a busy street, with a cement flood wall. The traffic echos and never stops. I am wanting to somehow diffuse the noise. any ideas?

HELP!

Sue-Z-Q
26th December 2008, 12:43
Hi.

I bought my house almost 2 years ago. Moving is not an option. I live on a busy street, with a cement flood wall. The traffic echos and never stops. I am wanting to somehow diffuse the noise. any ideas?

HELP!

qwertyqwerty

SilverHawk
26th December 2008, 13:32
Location, location, location. Try Bose noise canceling headphones

sunsetcliff
26th December 2008, 16:32
I did have a tree planted... the kids pulled it out.

I did see a acoustics site...that ..said a full barrier.

skijake
26th December 2008, 17:18
So sorry to hear about the neighbor kids.

Now I have no idea except to suggest razor concertina wire, electrify the fence to lethal levels, deposit some Claymore mines (or cluster bombs will do)...and see if you can lace the water in the neighborhood with salt petre....

LOL.

:lol:

The ultimate solution. You must have a fun family---love it!;)

Fence first--then the trees. Easier to shoot the kids when they're climbing over the fence.
Also there are terrific sound deadening wall board that can update/enhance a room or house and really knock the sound down. No links but search it on the Web, and see if it applies to you.

skijake
27th December 2008, 01:22
Thinking, always thinking, and laughing, too. We're all in this together and I take helping others prepare pretty seriously. Saving another's ass covers a multitude of sins as the Bible says, so I could use some Brownie Points with the Big Guy, LOL.

A poster over on the markets was chiding that I certainly wasn't from Manhattan. Well, that may be, but City Slickers ADORE country humor - and I think that my drawl and droll poker-face delivery adds further pizzazz. I think I sold 100% of the humor articles I ever wrote - and most were published time and again so I did pretty well in subsidiary sales. It's satisfying to make people laugh - and when you poke fun at yourself - it's a great people unifier regardless of social strata.

Writing for fun and friendship is infinitely more satisfying than doing it professionally, although that wasn't bad, and trips to Death Row and other odd experiences have given me a very full life....(I can read autopsy reports while eating lunch, LOL.)

Well we have a nice mix of students and teachers, technicians and clowns and not too many Knowitalls.
Love the laughter best of all. Richest man who can't laugh is truly poor.
Enjoy your posts and the best to your son.

My Pants Are Cold
27th December 2008, 07:02
Trees will not offer you much noise protection. Increasing the amount of insulation in your walls will. The best would be a temprature gradiant. Sound does not travel well from one temprature area to another area of significantly different temp.