PDA

View Full Version : Is Everyone Bummed Out?

research24
12th December 2008, 18:59
Not much to say about PMs these days? Tired of taking the same old bait? I'm not baiting YOU, I just sense there's a lot of resignation present. There's also a lot of fear about the future, understandably.

These are abnormal and history making times, so I will keep warning you -- just like Jim Sinclair does -- that the weak will get disheartened and sell out. And as soon as they do . . . . ZOOOOM!

Unlike Sinclair, I don't see any inflation on the horizon, but I do see huge problems with US debt and the dollar. Its possible that these PM doldrums go on into late spring. We just have no way of knowing how this collapse will play out. This is a waiting game.

strongman shelford
12th December 2008, 19:02
few months before a big financial meltdown, nothing happened. I still remembered.
You must use your instincts and common sense. And get ready.
The inevitable always comes sooner or later.

SilverKid
12th December 2008, 19:24
Research24, I would like to hear your prediction of how you think financial events will play out before Gold and Silver explode. I can't help but feel like we're close to what we've all been waiting for!

Ardent Listener
12th December 2008, 19:35
Bummed out? Not at all. Considering we are two steps from the second great depression silver has had a great month so far in December.

http://www.kitco.com/scripts/hist_charts/monthly_graphs.plx

skijake
12th December 2008, 20:30
Not much to say about PMs these days? Tired of taking the same old bait? I'm not baiting YOU, I just sense there's a lot of resignation present. There's also a lot of fear about the future, understandably.

These are abnormal and history making times, so I will keep warning you -- just like Jim Sinclair does -- that the weak will get disheartened and sell out. And as soon as they do . . . . ZOOOOM!

Unlike Sinclair, I don't see any inflation on the horizon, but I do see huge problems with US debt and the dollar. Its possible that these PM doldrums go on into late spring. We just have no way of knowing how this collapse will play out. This is a waiting game.

That is the nice thing about the Silver Train. If you have your seat and your luggage is on board you could doze off and as long as you are on the right train you will get to your destination.
That being said I get your drift but I think the Holidays take effect one way or the other. Parties , shopping, planning take their toll on one's available time. Call me when Gold breaks 900!:p

silver_surfer
12th December 2008, 21:12
IM not bummed out I just got lucky and had a guy call me with lots of silvr coins...i bought the following today...
75 silver quarters at 1.50 each
180 40% kennedy halves 1.20
5 -90% kennedy halves 3.00
anyway I got it all for 322.00....even tho it came up to 140 something. Some had alot of nice toning also...He said his wife collected them over the years.. Thats what around 9.00 oz im figuring..Ill add it up later...Any time I get silver for spot or less I get excited!!! Especially since I paid 100.00 a roll on ebay for 90% on kennedys and walkers and franklins last few weeks.. When we were done he noted he just traded silver for paper...

chux03
12th December 2008, 21:30
"Unlike Sinclair, I don't see any inflation on the horizon, but I do see huge problems with US debt and the dollar."

Why does one have to be able to "see" what you (should) know is coming that can hurt you (and everyone else)?? To say or imply that inflation is no...threat (and you didn't) because you can't "see" it (yet) is (to me) like watching the tide go quickly so far out as to not see any water left on the beach but because you can't "see" the tsunami yet (with your own eyes?) out there a few miles heading your way, it's not there?? Being able to recognize what's coming over the next hill right at you long before it gets here is the sign of the aware soul. I'm lucky in that I have recognized the fact that I seem to have that ability, most of the time. And in the investing world, that has saved my bacon more than once!
The tsunami of inflation IS coming whether or not you, me or anyone else recognizes it, let alone if we're even ready for or can see it. Isn't that one of the main reasons we own silver? Thanks to the paper shufflers, too many printing presses and government sanctioned counterfeiting running rampant in Washington DC, there's NOTHING else to expect. I'm glad there's others like Jim Sinclair that "see" what's coming...too!!

cdavport
12th December 2008, 21:44
"Unlike Sinclair, I don't see any inflation on the horizon, but I do see huge problems with US debt and the dollar."

Why does one have to be able to "see" what you (should) know is coming that can hurt you (and everyone else)?? To say or imply that inflation is no...threat (and you didn't) because you can't "see" it (yet) is (to me) like watching the tide go quickly so far out as to not see any water left on the beach but because you can't "see" the tsunami yet (with your own eyes?) out there a few miles heading your way, it's not there?? Being able to recognize what's coming over the next hill right at you long before it gets here is the sign of the aware soul. I'm lucky in that I have recognized the fact that I seem to have that ability, most of the time. And in the investing world, that has saved my bacon more than once!
The tsunami of inflation IS coming whether or not you, me or anyone else recognizes it, let alone if we're even ready for or can see it. Isn't that one of the main reasons we own silver? Thanks to the paper shufflers, too many printing presses and government sanctioned counterfeiting running rampant in Washington DC, there's NOTHING else to expect. I'm glad there's others like Jim Sinclair that "see" what's coming...too!!

Well, put, Chux. I couldn't have said it better myself. (really, I couldn't).

As far as being bummed out, my gosh, we are seeing events unfold that are the most interesting time of my life, and probably my parents and grandparents. (Assuming you consider "going down in flames" interesting.)

I for one can't wait to get off of work every day and get on the net and find out what's happened today. I mean, this is history in the making. I've read about the elitists all of my life, and always felt that "some day" the S was going to HTF, but that "some day" has arrived. Wow!!!!!

As far as worrying about when the price of PM is going up, I really don't care. In fact, I am so convinced that it is going to skyrocket that I hope it stays down for another year or two (not likely) where I can accumulate some more. Yes, I know the dirty rotten scoundrel shorts have kept the market down, but inadvertently, what a great gift they have given those of us who are stockpiling.

unalga
12th December 2008, 21:46
I can't see how inflation can do anything but jump with all the dollars we are flooding into the economy.:)

But I do feel for the automakers. At this point it will be years before I will ever shell out for another new car. And then it will be a small little profit model.:)

silver_surfer
12th December 2008, 22:07
ill never buy a new car...never have never will...worst investment ever!!! I go thru a different vehicle every year.. Ive never pay more then 5k for nice used car and try to find nicest one that I want for low price and sell it when Im over it for more or little less and do it all over again...Theres alot of nice cars and trucks out there for 5k.....I just dont like car payments and my vehicles are as nice as people paying 300-500 a month for 5 years..
People could save alot of money if they just bought what they could afford...instead of bein in debt for a worthless car..20-30k new and 10-15k year later...dont make sense

cugir321
12th December 2008, 22:17
Waiting...can wait at least 15 years before I'm bummed. (then I'll need my silver for retirement).

Got food for at least 3 years (packed to last minimum 7)
Good water
Got seeds
All my bills are paid...no cards, no mortgage, no car payment
Got motorcycle that gets 73 mpg.
Got Jeep with winch
Got cash
Got guns and ammo
Got silver and gold
I'd like an acre in the woods...no biggy if I don't have it...got lots of swamp and know my way around.
Oh Yea....got Mesquito's!!!

I need a good net for sleeping.

If the SHTF. I fill my gas cans and relax.

Got peace.

research24
12th December 2008, 22:29

Kindly tell me how much money you THINK the gvt has printed and I'll tell you how much I KNOW the gov't has "printed" as determined from reading the Fed balance sheet. It is $1.2 trillion lent to the banks, of which $1.135 trillion was redeposited at the Fed. Then there was $300bn in tax rebate, and $300 bn to fanny & Freddy. That comes to only $700 bn in actual new money into the system IN THE FACE OF $30 TRILLION OF LOST ASSET VALUES and near zero new lending. All the rest is loan guarantees which would do nothing more than replace lost money, not add to money supply IF those guarantees were activated.

My advice to you is to stop listening to people who scream inflation without ever providing the numbers to prove it. Particularly when those screamers are the gold bugs as they have vested interests.

cdavport
12th December 2008, 22:43
Kindly tell me how much money you THINK the gvt has printed and I'll tell you how much I KNOW the gov't has "printed" as determined from reading the Fed balance sheet.

Research, where do you find the Fed's balance sheet?

thowze
13th December 2008, 00:26
few months before a big financial meltdown, nothing happened. I still remembered.
You must use your instincts and common sense. And get ready.
The inevitable always comes sooner or later.

Agreed. I think in the efforts that all of us are making to sort out events that will lead to upswings in the price of silver, we may have worked ourselves into a slight level of anxiety while trying to find the order in this environment of chaos we are living through.

We should spend more time in preparation and less time trying to figure out when these things will happen, especially when we all know they will take place. If one always looks for something to happen quickly and it doesn't, one can easily get bummed.

research24
13th December 2008, 03:35
The Fed data is obviously posted on the Fed-NY website, but you'll have to learn their terminology to figure it out. You can google all the stuff you don't understand and get explanations. That's how I learned it.

Asheron
13th December 2008, 04:39
They are just waiting for Obama to get in Office, and then BOOM, Mad Max Road Warriors!

Irons
13th December 2008, 10:02
They are just waiting for Obama to get in Office, and then BOOM, Mad Max Road Warriors!

Yes, that and a lot of buisnesses are holding out until the end of the year to officially throw in the towel I'm thinking.
2009 will be a wild ride, thats guaranteed.

Sushi
13th December 2008, 10:53
Personally, I´m neither disheartened nor afraid. I´ve stacked up on PMs, so everything´s set on my part. There is nothing that could happen to the gold and silver price to make me sell (except on the extreme upside, maybe). Actually I hope that prices will remain at this level (or below), so I can buy some more.
I think the dollar will continue it´s downward slide (until it goes into free fall, that is). There might actually be a little stock market rally that could last until spring. 3rd quarter 09 we should see the first waves of inflation. This is the scenario I think is most likely right now. But you are right, there is no way of knowing for sure how this collapse will play out. In any way, I feel quite secure with my PM holdings.

fredrock
13th December 2008, 11:41
Research, where do you find the Fed's balance sheet?

The Fed’s Exploding Balance Sheet:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/rozeff/rozeff243.html

Bernanke and Company, who are running the U.S. central bank, the Federal Reserve (Fed), have been very busy in the past year or so. The size of the bank has more than doubled since August of 2007. Their assets, mainly loans and credits they extend, have exploded from $902.4 billion to $2.17 trillion as of December 3, 2008.

The kinds of loans the Fed has made as compared with a year ago include the following. The Fed has exchanged $406.5 billion of Treasury securities for troubled bank loans (called the TAF or Term Auction Facility.) It has swapped $542.5 billion for foreign currencies. The AIG loan is about $56 billion. Another $52 billion is for asset-backed commercial paper associated with money market mutual funds and $57 billion has gone to primary government bond dealers. Then there is $297.8 for commercial paper loans. The Treasury’s Troubled Asset Relief Program ($700–800 billion) or TARP for short is a separate deal.

New kinds of loans, not yet on the books, but slated to appear include the following.

On November 25, 2008 the Fed announced $200 billion in loans for student loans, auto loans, credit card loans, and loans guaranteed by the Small Business Administration (called TALF for Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility.)

On the same date, it announced that it will lend $100 billion directly to the government’s mortgage lending companies (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal Home Loan Banks.) It will also be buying $500 million of the mortgage-backed securities that they package up from the mortgage loans that they buy from banks and other institutions who originate mortgage loans. The idea is to keep these government operations going. Without this support and the other support the Treasury already has given, they’d fail. As a reminder, the government took over some $5 trillion of debts and guarantees of these government-sponsored enterprises. (read more by clicking on link)

Fred

SilverHawk
13th December 2008, 11:56
A ship does not sink, until minutes after it hits the iceberg. Go back to your cabin and continue to prepare. The iceberg is there, stop looking for it.

McGruff
13th December 2008, 15:36
Got guns and ammo.......

Ammo is one thing that will be extremely valuable in a worst case scenario, not just for personal use but as a commodity. Cartidges in common calibers would surely be a widely accepted unit of barter. I'd rather trade a few .22 shells for a needed item than a much more valuable piece of silver. Stock up!

Irons
13th December 2008, 18:32
Ammo is one thing that will be extremely valuable in a worst case scenario, not just for personal use but as a commodity. Cartidges in common calibers would surely be a widely accepted unit of barter. I'd rather trade a few .22 shells for a needed item than a much more valuable piece of silver. Stock up!

Obama the messiah most merciful lord said not to stockpile arms, as there is nothing to worry about.

Ardent Listener
17th September 2010, 22:35
I sometimes like to bump up some of these old threads.........least we forget the past.