PDA

View Full Version : Other forms of silver

Chiswick40
8th December 2008, 15:08
I was recently given 2 silver plates for a days work, weighing about 2.5 kilo between them. When rush hour comes, would you melt them or try and sell via ebay...or just eat lobster off of them?

And, can they permanently manipulate the price of silver?

LETMYSILVERGO
8th December 2008, 15:30
I think you better send me those plates, & i'll hold for you untill the price goes up. It's an honor to take your Stash.

Chiswick40
8th December 2008, 19:57
I think you better send me those plates, & i'll hold for you untill the price goes up. It's an honor to take your Stash.

Can u b trusted lol.?..so I gather a silver plate or two is better than a kick in the pants but not as good as coins or bars?

Ted has a new article and it answers the question on manipulation nicely.

research24
8th December 2008, 21:36
And, can they permanently manipulate the price of silver?

Only until the government runs out of money, an event that is coming soon.

Chiswick40
8th December 2008, 23:53
Only until the government runs out of money, an event that is coming soon.

I am an Aussie living in Sydney, but I have been following the US economic collapse very closely as we will be affected as well. I think the US is in big trouble....looks like a depression.

hiyosilver
9th December 2008, 00:52
Are you talking 2.5 kilos of sterling? hmmm, $600 (American) a day isn't a bad wage....but that's just $10 spot...silver goes to $100, then $6000.....think I'd put them away awhile....if you eat off them too often you might turn blue...:)

Chiswick40
9th December 2008, 01:39
Are you talking 2.5 kilos of sterling? hmmm, $600 (American) a day isn't a bad wage....but that's just $10 spot...silver goes to $100, then $6000.....think I'd put them away awhile....if you eat off them too often you might turn blue...:)

I worked for my Aunty and she saw my eyes light up like an xmas tree when I saw the silverware...or like Golum when he looks at the ring....she said I could have some silver trays if I wanted...and I really wanted. I was going to work for nothing and get rid of the rubbish at my expense....I neglected to mention to her that I believe silver will go supernova...oops.

mizou
9th December 2008, 02:19
I am also from Australia (Qld's Sunshinecoast) and been watching the developments in the US since July / August 2007 and I am still trying to gauge what will ensue in the US, while trying to extrapolate its effect on Australia (and rest of the worldwide).

Although Australia is one of the few OECD countries that haven't technically gone into recession "yet", I still believe that the gradual destruction of the US$ will be felt in Australia in ways we cannot start to imagine.:confused:

Where do you source your PM's? I am still chasing some 1oz Silver Kookaburras, or US Liberties, but can't find anything under AUD$35 from the main coin & bullion dealers - I would also look for alternative form of silver if anyone could point me in the correct direction...

Got someone coming back from the US in 2 weeks and I was thinking of asking her to bring me some silver coins back, but I am not too sure of the consequences of non us citizens taking silver out of the US?? .. (not much about A$2000).

Anyone knows?

hiyosilver
9th December 2008, 03:09
I had a link to a seller who shipped internationally, but I must have deleted it. But if you contact NWTM by email and inquire about that, I think they will pass that information along to you. If I remember correctly, their prices were on the same lines as NWTM, but of course you would pay the additional shipping costs.

mizou
9th December 2008, 04:18
Thanks for the info hiyosilver. I will follow up on NWTM.

Chiswick40
9th December 2008, 06:39
I am also from Australia (Qld's Sunshinecoast) and been watching the developments in the US since July / August 2007 and I am still trying to gauge what will ensue in the US, while trying to extrapolate its effect on Australia (and rest of the worldwide).

Although Australia is one of the few OECD countries that haven't technically gone into recession "yet", I still believe that the gradual destruction of the US$ will be felt in Australia in ways we cannot start to imagine.:confused:

Where do you source your PM's? I am still chasing some 1oz Silver Kookaburras, or US Liberties, but can't find anything under AUD$35 from the main coin & bullion dealers - I would also look for alternative form of silver if anyone could point me in the correct direction...

Got someone coming back from the US in 2 weeks and I was thinking of asking her to bring me some silver coins back, but I am not too sure of the consequences of non us citizens taking silver out of the US?? .. (not much about A$2000).

Anyone knows?

Hi Mizou
The best place to buy kookas are from Ainslie bullion in Brisbane. You can get them for about 28 AUD each if you pick them up yourself. They also sell 1 kg bars dearer than ausbullion in Sydney...but Ausbullion will take your money and give you a 1kg bar in about 14 weeks, so they say. Aisnlie have them for immediate pickup. If I had $2000 I would buy 3 bars and the rest in kookas...or even half and half.

Did you see the debate on sky tv between Robert mellor and Dr doom...his name is Steve something and he is a professor at UWS. he predicts house prices in Aus to crash by 40% and interest rates down to zilch.....we should talk more about what will happen here as I am trying to work out what to do myself...so far I have purchased silver.

thowze
9th December 2008, 20:39
I am an Aussie living in Sydney, but I have been following the US economic collapse very closely as we will be affected as well. I think the US is in big trouble....looks like a depression.

I am an American who agrees with you. From 2007 going into recession, depression and working our way back out of it will take us Americans about 10 years. What economic shape we will be in after 10 years is debatable.

Hopefully we will have learned our lessons and not repeat the mistakes we made in the past.

Chiswick40
10th December 2008, 06:19
I am an American who agrees with you. From 2007 going into recession, depression and working our way back out of it will take us Americans about 10 years. What economic shape we will be in after 10 years is debatable.

Hopefully we will have learned our lessons and not repeat the mistakes we made in the past.

It might be tin foil hat time, but I believe what you are seeing in America is a planned implosion of the economy. Time will tell.