PDA

View Full Version : Gold and Silver overnight... Yippee....

main1event
8th December 2008, 05:59
Looks like we are going places now. Strap on your seat belt we have lift off :)

Richard
8th December 2008, 06:15
Hmmm... looks to me like it's going to test the previous 800's peak. Will see when it gets there.

main1event
8th December 2008, 08:39
Wow, gold up $30.00 and silver up .77 Here we go......

odinmage1984
8th December 2008, 08:39
Happened I think last week, same exact thing, maybe it won't get pounded into the dirt again.

jechilt
8th December 2008, 08:58
good point. In a way, I sure hope it comes back down. I have been waiting on my money getting transferred so I can purchase silver.
Has anyone looked at the charts? Is gold/silver chasing the market as it has been the past few weeks?

Greaves
8th December 2008, 09:00
Silver is now 10.30+ and gold is around 780. Looking good!

main1event
8th December 2008, 09:02
The dollar is down, everything should go up. The dollar is falling below the 50dma today thats a real positive for both the market and commodities.

I'd be a buyer of silver at this level especially silver stocks.

goldragon
8th December 2008, 09:10
Oil is up 5% overnight,
http://www.321energy.com/
Asian markets are up a big, especially Hong Kong and South Korean markets
http://bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/wei_region3.html
This is why commodity is up so much!

jmk72
8th December 2008, 09:41
I don't even get excited anymore when silver shoots up like this. I have become numb to the ups and downs and view silver the same as my life insurance premiums. I pay into it every month and hope I never need it. I just buy it at whatever the going physical price is and stack it in that ever so secret place. I agree silver will always have value and know it SHOULD protect my purchasing power in times of rampant inflation. So I'll give my feeble "yee haa" as I roll my eyes to this rally because I'm sure it will fizzle like the last 20 rallys we've seen. If the rally continues that means all hell is about to break loose and I really hope I don't have to use all the weapons I'm storing right next to my silver.

skijake
8th December 2008, 10:18
I don't even get excited anymore when silver shoots up like this. I have become numb to the ups and downs and view silver the same as my life insurance premiums. I pay into it every month and hope I never need it. I just buy it at whatever the going physical price is and stack it in that ever so secret place. I agree silver will always have value and know it SHOULD protect my purchasing power in times of rampant inflation. So I'll give my feeble "yee haa" as I roll my eyes to this rally because I'm sure it will fizzle like the last 20 rallys we've seen. If the rally continues that means all hell is about to break loose and I really hope I don't have to use all the weapons I'm storing right next to my silver.

All valid points. It would be great if silver just went up in price because it was a valuable asset and was priced ridiculously low right now. Anyway, every big trip starts with a couple of steps. Gotta start somewhere, might as well be here.;)

jmk72
8th December 2008, 10:58
Very true. It truly would be great if silver could rise on those principles without the world imploding around it.

It would be great if silver just went up in price because it was a valuable asset and was priced ridiculously low right now.

Argentum
8th December 2008, 11:10
I'm so there with ya.... Only thing different about this uptick is that I didn't buy last night :rolleyes:

silver_surfer
8th December 2008, 12:59
it would be nice if umemployment wouldnt effect silver price...when its goin get 10-30% before you know it...I always thought silver went up when the econemy sucked but I was wrong...its the opposite..

odinmage1984
8th December 2008, 13:13
I have no clue what's with these across the board rallies. Gold, silver, stocks, the dollar all going up at the same time everytime bad news like a bailout or bank takeover is announced.

Like yeah, "we can't go wrong, we'll be bailed out, buy everything!"

Are they trying to tie sentiment together? If that makes sense, ito reverse the inverse relationships. Or is it simply already tied together.

research24
8th December 2008, 22:11
It means that all the gamblers are very confused! We've seen this many times in the last year, money mindlessly running around looking for a chair to sit on before the music stops.

goldragon
8th December 2008, 22:16
I have no clue what's with these across the board rallies. Gold, silver, stocks, the dollar all going up at the same time everytime bad news like a bailout or bank takeover is announced.

Like yeah, "we can't go wrong, we'll be bailed out, buy everything!"

Are they trying to tie sentiment together? If that makes sense, ito reverse the inverse relationships. Or is it simply already tied together.

This is because of the cycle that we currently have is bullish. thus most of the sectors are rallying. after this cycle, we will face bearish sentiment. at that time, everything will be down like what we saw a few weeks ago!
Remember we are still in bear market, the current rally is a bear market rally!

hiyosilver
8th December 2008, 22:53
Perhaps, if SLV took out $10.43......right now, I'd sideline.