PDA

View Full Version : Silver Explodes In Price, What Will You Do?

jechilt
3rd December 2008, 13:08
Let's assume many of our assessments are correct and Silver takes off in price...up, up, up, up it goes. There will come a time when it will reverse and start to drop again. In any case, here is a 2 part question:
1. At what price do you happily sell your silver and take your profit?
2. What do you roll the silver profits into?
For me, I sure don't want to put it in the US dollar. The Hong Kong dollar seems to be a popular choice.

What say you?

Asheron
3rd December 2008, 14:15
I will sell 20% at $100 + ounce

And hold 80% for 2 more years

jechilt
3rd December 2008, 15:56
I will sell 20% at $100 + ounce

And hold 80% for 2 more years

Asheron, do you plan to spend it or roll it into another investment? If so, what kind of investment tool?

Asheron
3rd December 2008, 19:33
You know I think the good times are over and we are going into some real hard times, all planned by design.

Right now I have invested in small amount Gold, Large amount Silver,
Storable Food (Freeze Dried), Survival equipment, Hunting equipment and self defence, Fire Wood.

You may begin to think I am mad, but I truly believe the next Great Depression is upon us.

Be prepared for the worse!

Precious metals are the only option to hold onto.

So I am really in this for the long run.

I will keep buying silver up until $50 an ounce, but you never know they might artificially keep silver low for many more years.

I believe they are only holding the economy up for another 6 months, and then they will pull the rug.

Storable food is more valuable to me then Silver right now.

Itís very important to understand the people in power, and there End Game.

And with every Depression there is usually a War.

Richard
3rd December 2008, 19:35
Well, here's my take...

The real gold to silver ratio is, at most, 1:10. Buy silver today and you're buying it at something like 1/7th the cost. So, I will "roll" my silver into gold when that ratio is revealed. But not before.

One other thing... there's really no way to say, if I were to put my money elsewhere. It would depend on how silver looked compared to those other options. Then of course, there's THE fundamental to consider... has monetary policy changed? No? Then in silver I stay! Yes? Then probably mining stocks and energy.

I would only trade in my metal if I absolutley had to or if doing so would lead to getting more silver from the proceeds of the sale. That's a pretty tricky thing to accomplish though and would likely prove too risky unless you knew the silver market well enough. I'm not to comfortable in doing that yet and maybe I'll never will get the chance... who knows?

jechilt
4th December 2008, 09:44
thanks for the responses so far. it would be great to see what more of you think. I ask because I am a beginner at the silver market and I learn by gleaning from those that have been around the block a few times and know the ropes. I am getting ready to make another big silver purchase. This will help lower my cost average.

TomGray
4th December 2008, 10:00
I am looking for your thoughts, because I apparently am incapable of grasping all of this, on my particular situation.

I have several rental homes. I think of these homes as my retirement and do not wish to lose them. Therefore I need to continue to service the debt on these homes. (Which is getting harder. My area is in a deflationary scenario and home rental rates are falling and are well below my costs. Sigh.)

My "goal" (and believe me this is just a shot at the moon) is to hopefully be able to "pay off my debt" on my houses.

So... if silver were to go to $50 or $100, how in the world would I exchange it for (rapidly becomming worthless dollars) so that I could "pay off my debt".

Seriously, I can't see myself putting a 1,000 ounce bar in an envelope and mailing it to Chase. Wouldn't it be funny if I had 1,000 ounces of silver in my basement safe (I don't yet, but, it should be on the way 12 to 16 weeks so sayith NWT Mint.) and a stack of bills from Chase.

I am also prepared for silver to go to $5 and stay there. Wouldn't be the first time I jinked left but should have gone right.

Thanks for your thoughts.

SilverHawk
4th December 2008, 12:23
It's impossible to answer these questions with a definate road map. One must concider the state of affairs of the economy and social state. You must be aware of all possible scenarios. It's like driving across country. You see the best possible route from a map, but there will be detours that may or may not be marked. The ones' who see and anticipate the correct roads to take will come out successful. Read the advise of many and take the advice of a few. Knowledge will be your guide. Your Father and Brother, your Co-Pilot.

Yabezlas
4th December 2008, 19:39
Pay off as much debt as you can, don't waste the money you have, save as much silver & gold as you can, buy in quantity at discounted prices non perishables, arm yourself, buy only things of value? Keep your balance!

hiyosilver
4th December 2008, 23:39
If possible I hope to roll alot of it into farm land...providing food for many, jobs for some, and source of income for my children.

frankl4
4th December 2008, 23:44
I am a subscriber to the International Forecaster. I will rely on Mr. Chapman's assessment as to when to sell my silver.

buff
12th December 2008, 15:59
Let's assume many of our assessments are correct and Silver takes off in price...up, up, up, up it goes. There will come a time when it will reverse and start to drop again. In any case, here is a 2 part question:
1. At what price do you happily sell your silver and take your profit?
2. What do you roll the silver profits into?
For me, I sure don't want to put it in the US dollar. The Hong Kong dollar seems to be a popular choice.

What say you?

With your kind of logic you will never have enough money to worry about.

jechilt
12th December 2008, 20:07
With your kind of logic you will never have enough money to worry about.
The post is a question looking for peoples thoughts. To assume my logic dictates the amount of money I have is absurd. I will take my buffing compound and buff your response from my list...

buff
13th December 2008, 22:16
Yeah...whatever. It's still goofy thinking.