PDA

View Full Version : As i write this silver is down 4.68%....I bet

augernaut
1st December 2008, 08:03
the dow today will fall 4.68%....how do i make money off this???

goldragon
1st December 2008, 08:13
In a bear market everyone losses money, the smarter losses less. In a bear market if you want to make money, the only way is shorting.

Painthappy
1st December 2008, 08:40
I just see this as a huge buying opportunity myself. I'm not done stacking, and to be honest, just recently started. This is a way to lower my dollar cost average, and buy lower.

I'm in it for the long haul, and will either be protected, or will have something to give to my kids.

goldragon
1st December 2008, 08:45
today is a panic sell day, as a value investor, you may buy the panic, it is also a great way to benefit from a bear market. this is the Templeton way.

jechilt
1st December 2008, 09:49
I am thinking this is the big whack the experts have been talking about...we will see a strong dip in gold/silver prices. this makes me very nervous because I am in the metals to protect myself. I am going to buy some more to lower my cost average. It is destined to go back up, especially if what people say is true with Dubai coming online with their exchange.

mick silver
1st December 2008, 09:59
You well see many more big whack days , they will try an take every thing away from saver , Last night i jump in an bought 100 oz of silver , this morning i got beat down again , this is maybe my last buy for some time as i set back an watch this market an hold my cash

goldragon
1st December 2008, 10:22
Nobody can predict the stock market correctly 100%. However, recently Marc Faber and Bob Hoye did it far better than any of the newsletters. Both of them think that gold, especially its stocks, will go up. Marc thinks they will be up till the early month of next year. Hoye thinks they will be in bull for several years. I am a technician for quite some time. I think both of them are correct. This is because both have much more experience and knowledge. Thus I listen to them. Buying dip is a good way.
My experience is:
When stocks are up, people become very greed and they are afraid of being left by the train. They buy at any price. When the market is down, people become more fear, they want to wait for better low price, this usually let them miss buying opportunities.

jechilt
1st December 2008, 10:47
Nobody can predict the stock market correctly 100%. However, recently Marc Faber and Bob Hoye did it far better than any of the newsletters. Both of them think that gold, especially its stocks, will go up. Marc thinks they will be up till the early month of next year. Hoye thinks they will be in bull for several years. I am a technician for quite some time. I think both of them are correct. This is because both have much more experience and knowledge. Thus I listen to them. Buying dip is a good way.
My experience is:
When stocks are up, people become very greed and they are afraid of being left by the train. They buy at any price. When the market is down, people become more fear, they want to wait for better low price, this usually let them miss buying opportunities.
What you say is true. However, I would add that prices fluctuate a bit depending on the market place. For example, if hedge funds start dumping or buying, the price can move. If you watch the MACD on silver, you would see there is a nice increase of big money coming in. This is what is very interesting...big money coming in but the price going down. That does not make any sense...

Asheron
1st December 2008, 11:08
This is all BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep buying, the market it so currupt!

Look at the downward trends, it's the plunge protection teams.

Don't let them fool you, World wide shortage and it drops? it's all BS

main1event
1st December 2008, 11:12
I'm short the Dow and the Hang Seng via the FXP. This one has a history of doubling quickly if you think there is a potential for a crash. The only downside is you have to get out quickly on a bounce because this one tumbles quickly. Not for the faint of heart.

The chinese are in pretty sad shape as well. Their factories are working overtime because of us. Their market could easily fall 33% from its current level.

Tribal Warrior
1st December 2008, 14:38
I'm short the Dow and the Hang Seng via the FXP. This one has a history of doubling quickly if you think there is a potential for a crash. The only downside is you have to get out quickly on a bounce because this one tumbles quickly. Not for the faint of heart.

The chinese are in pretty sad shape as well. Their factories are working overtime because of us. Their market could easily fall 33% from its current level.

Which factories? The paper roll making factories for all the USD's being printed? :cool:

research24
1st December 2008, 15:16
Its the rising yen that smashed commodities and stocks today. There is still yet more carry trade to unwind. Give it a couple more months and it will be wiped out and these massive sell-offs will stop. Keep yer eye on the yen, it is key.

Best advice: stop watching the freakin' ticker and do something real.

augernaut
1st December 2008, 17:36
Like the colonial marine said in aliens....GAME OVER..MAN..........GAME OVER!!!
this is totally freakin over....you cant and nobody will polish this turd