PDA

View Full Version : notice the key phrase

cugir321
23rd November 2008, 12:24
This came from Toppers blog on abcnews.com

"We better be careful about not just throwing money - borrowing a lot of money and throwing it at deal and creating snow jobs," Shelby said, arguing he'll have to see the details of any stimulus package before supporting it.

Another Obama economic adviser, New Jersey Sen. Jon Corzine, is urging Obama to request a stimulus "north of $600 billion," as first reported by Newsweek. With dire predictions for the unemployment rate and consumer spending next year, the Federal Reserve is basically out of room to do anything more with monetary policy.

Corzine is a devil....key phrase....the Federal Reserve is basically out of room to do anything more with monetary policy.

Now decide how long it will take for the sthf.

skijake
23rd November 2008, 12:47
Corzine is a devil....key phrase....the Federal Reserve is basically out of room to do anything more with monetary policy.

Now decide how long it will take for the sthf.

Scary. That's the thing, How long do we have to load the lifeboat?:confused:

JoeSixPack
23rd November 2008, 12:57
....the Federal Reserve is basically out of room to do anything more with monetary policy.

translation: you cannot set interest rates lower than 0. We are now at 1% and it is not helping much (if at all).

mick silver
23rd November 2008, 13:22
I do not know how long we have but i have been loading my boat for some years , now just getting some more food stored

Round Town
24th November 2008, 08:49
Interesting how some occasional truth slips thru the veil.

"the Federal Reserve is basically out of room to do anything more with monetary policy"

Well thats good, because what they have done so far is errant.

Me thinks the muddy is already amongst the blades.

Bob, duck and cover.
The view from my pile, yours may be different.