PDA

View Full Version : Peter Shiff yesterday

main1event
21st November 2008, 09:08
This is the best interview yet. I love Peter, he is very quick, doesnt stutter and I believe dead on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlo8uvlwQeQ

WallStreetTiger
21st November 2008, 10:43
Peter is our voice of retribution. He focuses on the fundamentals. Fundamentals always win out in the markets. He now does not get laughed at so much anymore. I have the upmost repsect for him and to his sticking to his guns.

garydrumm
21st November 2008, 12:13
Man, I learn something every time I watch that guy. Schiff is a bad ass! Buy more silver and gold!!

research24
21st November 2008, 13:46
Peter . . . . I have the upmost repsect for him and to his sticking to his guns.

I'll give him that. But, like me, he was ten years early. So were a lot of other people. The difference between him and me is that he makes a BUSINESS of being a contrarian. People who sell stock don't tout gold and vice versa. No great honor in that. Its the old story of the broken clock.

rasputin
21st November 2008, 13:48
I saw this in real time yesterday, and Tivoed it.

Did any of you see the faces and EYES of some of the talking heads on the CNBC panel. REAL FEAR in those faces.

ROTFL!

GO SCHIFF!

Raz

mick silver
21st November 2008, 13:57
I like this guy , but peter is out for peter , he does not care who are what he take down , i for one live here , an at times i think he wants to take the coutry down

fredrock
21st November 2008, 15:12
I like this guy , but peter is out for peter , he does not care who are what he take down , i for one live here , an at times i think he wants to take the coutry down

Mick, when your house is full of fleas, you have to bomb the whole thing to get rid of them. This may be what Peter Schiff is thinking.

I love this country, but I don't see any real changes coming until a great deal of suffering takes place. Why? America has become like a dog that has been infested by fleas. These parasites, (Rich bankers, ruling elites, and bought and paid for Politicians) are killing America and like all parasites are only likely to leave when the host is dead. The only hope for America is that people begin to rise up while we still have life and our constitution.

When we see the taxpayers in mass finally stand up for themselves, it will be the sign that change is in the air.

Will there be a revolution? I do not know, but I know that until we change our monetary system and abolish the Federal Reserve Bank we will have these parasites. The question becomes whose life is more important, the host, which is America, or the fleas that are killing us? You have to decide that for yourself, but I think you know the answer to that question already.

Fred

main1event
21st November 2008, 15:25
I dont believe peter is out for peter. He names several things that the U.S. should be doing to get out of this mess. One of them is to return to being a productive nation instead of a consuming nation.

Thats the problem with being a prophet there are some that think you are the witch and burn you.

Tribal Warrior
21st November 2008, 17:04
Peter is great, honest, truthful, and straight forward. Those CNBC 'cheerleaders' are a bunch of ass whipes. They are permabulls for our consumer brain washed nation. I sure hope Peter comes on Fast Money today, and pimp slaps all those losers, and say hey, look at that gold price now!

They think with rising unemployement that we can hit a bottom. I think bottom may be in the 6000's. They'll keep cheering it on as it falls. I'll keep cheering on gold & silver!

JCM6395
21st November 2008, 17:34
This is the best interview yet. I love Peter, he is very quick, doesnt stutter and I believe dead on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlo8uvlwQeQ

I've become a big fan of his. I remember he was trying to tell people what was coming and he kept getting brushed aside. It stuck in the back of my mind though. He makes a lot of sense. He just gives the brutal truth.

JesterJay
21st November 2008, 17:50
I've always thought 7000 would be the bottom.
But now I think UNDER 5000 is not out of the realm of probability. And 3000 may be closer to the bottom. Always thought Shiff knew what was going on.
Do I hear 2000?
JesterJay

Peter is great, honest, truthful, and straight forward. Those CNBC 'cheerleaders' are a bunch of ass whipes. They are permabulls for our consumer brain washed nation. I sure hope Peter comes on Fast Money today, and pimp slaps all those losers, and say hey, look at that gold price now!

They think with rising unemployement that we can hit a bottom. I think bottom may be in the 6000's. They'll keep cheering it on as it falls. I'll keep cheering on gold & silver!

research24
21st November 2008, 18:26
My prediction since last September is 2,500, which is much more optimistic than the 90% loss during the depression.

research24
21st November 2008, 18:29
Have you ever heard Peter Schiff advising anyone to NOT buy gold derivatives? No, you haven't and that makes him just like all the other investment sharks.

Stop creating heros; all they do is pick your pockets. The most important person to listen to is yourself, the one you rarely listen to.

cugir321
21st November 2008, 18:32
Mick, I hear you....one things for certain. Nobody wants to hear the bad news because then they have to do something. Doing something is a hard sacrifice. It means changing what they have always done. That is scary for most people. Be afraid and do something different. It also means that we are powerless to do something different because the people we just elected are setting things up to do the same thing all over again. We are stuck with them right or wrong for 4 years. Look at the new treasury secretary. Fed president...same old, same old.

Interesting how silver dropped, rose and stayed right in the same old band again today.

We're all out for ourselves. If not, give your silver away tommorrow. It doesn't mean you can't call a spade a spade.

research24
21st November 2008, 18:48
Bad news means opportunity. That is what the yin-yang symbol really means. Huge new fortunes will be made during this catastrophe. Instead of trying to protect what have we should be out looking for new opportunities. You just have to get out your old thinking rut and expand horizons.

Tribal Warrior
21st November 2008, 21:35
Read his little blue book, it's great.

Greaves
21st November 2008, 21:52
Peter is the man... those talking heads wouldn't know their ass from their hole. I hope that bald prick is long the dollar when it collapses.

Tlengl
22nd November 2008, 09:24
Fredrock said:

I love this country, but I don't see any real changes coming until a great deal of suffering takes place. Why? America has become like a dog that has been infested by fleas. These parasites, (Rich bankers, ruling elites, and bought and paid for Politicians) are killing America and like all parasites are only likely to leave when the host is dead. The only hope for America is that people begin to rise up while we still have life and our constitution.

Excellent analogy ... and I believe correct ... the top fleas appear to make a habit of sucking the life out of countries and economies and hopping off when the host is dying .. if the US manages to get out from under these creatures and goes after them, it'll find them in Europe somewhere, hiding under a rock ... if you want names (which I don't believe are publicly available), put some of the top execs from the Fed's shareholding companies in Guantanamo for a while and ask them ... nicely ... :cool: