PDA

View Full Version : dont worry the superheros moe,larry and curly will save us!

crashjp
29th January 2011, 18:29
There are those who think that it is the job of our government to solve our problems, I have no idea if these folks are stupid or just plain lazy or it might be even both, i was born in 1968 back when every t.v. was black & white, some of my earliest memories are of me sitting in my dads lap wacthing the news together and him explianing to me the world in which we live, a common theme through the years was middle east peace andd though every american president.has tried all have been complete and utter failures, for all of my life their has a war on poverty but poverty is still here and thriveing, most of my life their has been a war on drugs and yet drugs are still here and doing just fine then there are the programs, medicare, social security, welfare, no child left behind are just a few of the well known failures, but some still look to the government to solve our problems, my question is, if these stooges couldn't solve the problems of our past what the hell makes one think that they can solve the problems of our present and future?

silverheartbone
29th January 2011, 18:55
There are those who think that it is the job of our government to solve our problems, I have no idea if these folks are stupid or just plain lazy or it might be even both, i was born in 1968 back when every t.v. was black & white, some of my earliest memories are of me sitting in my dads lap wacthing the news together and him explianing to me the world in which we live, a common theme through the years was middle east peace andd though every american president.has tried all have been complete and utter failures, for all of my life their has a war on poverty but poverty is still here and thriveing, most of my life their has been a war on drugs and yet drugs are still here and doing just fine then there are the programs, medicare, social security, welfare, no child left behind are just a few of the well known failures, but still look to the government to solve our problems, my question is, if these stooges couldn't solve the problems of our past what the hell makes one think that they can solve the problems of our present and future?
The federal government is a major cause of our problems.

Ask yourself this important question.

Other than finishing the interstate highway system,
can you name another good thing that the US federal government has done since 1970?

Has it accomplished anything remotely good during the past generation?

Lets look at the situation at what the federal government allows.

Chemtrailing, BPA distribution, aspartame promotion, sugar substitution with the diabetes triggering HFCS, depleted uranium weapons used as conventional, environmental saturation with wireless microwave radiation, silver shorting, un-investigated controlled demolitions of buildings with thousands of people still in them, the wanton murder of hundreds of thousands of Muslim women and children, allowing TRILLIONS of taxpayer dollars to be diverted to satanic Israel, incarceration of recreational cannabis users, Gardasil injections, involuntary fluoride doping, forcing mercury laden inoculations, taxation without representation, homosexuals in the military, border dropping and Mexican usurpation of the Southwest, borrowing trillions from banksters, prosecution of colloidal silver makers, and much more.

I think we are overdue to chop up the monster and be done with it.

Maybe the roger can come up with a minor positive accomplishment of the zionist US federal controllers, because all I see are negatives and the trend is bad.

I wish we could rewind the clock to 1970. We all would know who to watch out for.

What is Truth?
29th January 2011, 19:57
I think we are living in a too complicated society. Too many rules and regulations that may mean well but aren't practical or are really needed. On the other hand those who should be regulated such as the con men of Wall Street are free to go on with their scams. Both political parties are two heads of the same beast. Now we have a pseudo third party that is an abortion of the Republican party. Shall we riot in the streets too? How do we expect Obama to fix the Middle East when we are so screwed here?

silverheartbone
4th February 2011, 08:11

can you name another good thing that the US federal government has done since 1970?

Has it accomplished anything remotely good during the past generation?

please tell me something good.

Craig
4th February 2011, 08:47
I always liked Shemp. Maybe he will save us.

SilverHawk
4th February 2011, 12:12
I always liked Shemp. Maybe he will save us.

LOL ! !

Yeah, he was the more "hyper" of the bunch. And his long hair, too, always flying around...

Thanks for cheering me up today

Steadfast
4th February 2011, 12:49

Ummm,
Ronald Reagan single handedly defeated the Soviet Union and distroyed the Berlin wall
with out even fireing a shot!

That was pretty darn good... don't ya think?

Let us not forget that big white "Space Shuttle"...
the mars rover...
the Hubble Telescope...
the daisey cutter bomb...
and, the patriot missle...
Those wheren't too shabby either....

But the best thing was
what Obama's Marxism did for precious metal prices!
wooohoooo!
Chaaa ching!

mark2112gum
4th February 2011, 13:04
You guys have it all wrong, CURLY'S the man, without him the Stooges would have flopped...

mark2112gum
4th February 2011, 13:08
Ummm,
Ronald Reagan single handedly defeated the Soviet Union and distroyed the Berlin wall

the mars rover...
the Hubble Telescope...
The soviet system colapsing on itself was the reason, it just happens that Reagan was President at the time!

Steadfast
4th February 2011, 13:17
The soviet system collapsing on itself was the reason, it just happens that Reagan was President at the time!
eeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr!
Thank you for playing.... but no.

Reagan purposefully used "secret military" shuttle missions and the roués known as "Starwars missile defense"
to utterly fool the soviet union into trying to keep up, and in doing so Reagan tipped their economy over the edge and it CRASHED big time.

silverheartbone
4th February 2011, 13:18
Ummm,

the mars rover...
the Hubble Telescope...

But the best thing was
what Obama's Marxism did for precious metal prices!
wooohoooo!
Chaaa ching!
I'll give you the Hubble.
But that's too small of a good thing for all these decades of 'voluntary' "contributions".

The soviet system colapsing on itself was the reason, it just happens that Reagan was President at the time!

I think he was just being sarcastic in a good way.

Steadfast
4th February 2011, 13:21
But that's too small of a good thing for all these decades of 'voluntary' "contributions"..

Yes, that too is true, (sigh)
we have fallen a long way sinse the golden age of the 8Os we once knew.

oh yeah, i forgot about the stealth bomber...that was another good one...

silverheartbone
4th February 2011, 13:27
Yes, that too is true, (sigh)
we have fallen a long way sinse the golden age of the 8Os we once knew.

oh yeah, i forgot about the stealth bomber...that was another good one...

Old school.

Now we have bio-weaponry.

Remember
"America, love it or leave it"?

Now they've locked the place down.

silverheartbone
4th February 2011, 13:38
Locked down and ready... (http://news.coinupdate.com/us-departments-of-labor-and-treasury-schedule-hearing-on-confiscation-of-private-retirement-accounts-0431/)

(Someone else on the forum had previously linked to this gem of a page. Thanks.)

TomServo
4th February 2011, 16:02
No, human nature is the major cause, but the government is a close second.[/QUOTE]

un-investigated controlled demolitions of buildings with thousands of people still in them, the wanton murder of hundreds of thousands of Muslim women and children, allowing TRILLIONS of taxpayer dollars to be diverted to satanic Israel

I can't find much to argue with in your other points, but holy crap! 9/11 truthers are blind to reality; both wars were necessary and thank god we had a real President back then, and God bless Israel. Ya nutjob.

TomServo
4th February 2011, 16:09
Now we have a pseudo third party that is an abortion of the Republican party. Shall we riot in the streets too? How do we expect Obama to fix the Middle East when we are so screwed here?

The only people who could possibly fear the T.E.A. party are people who fear losing power (they want LESS taxes?? LESS GOVERNMENT?!!? Those bastards!) or who otherwise fear losing the status quo. Change IS scary, but sometimes you gotta. It's the fault of the Republican party; they became a wing of the Democrat party.
Democrats: we don't live in a democracy, we live in a republic. Did you ever wonder why your party symbol is a jackass?
And if you ever expected Obama to fix anything, you weren't paying attention. The only thing a community organizer ever did was make themselves rich.

SilverJim
4th February 2011, 16:26
eeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr!
Thank you for playing.... but no.

Reagan purposefully used "secret military" shuttle missions and the roués known as "Starwars missile defense"
to utterly fool the soviet union into trying to keep up, and in doing so Reagan tipped their economy over the edge and it CRASHED big time.

You are correct sir! Thank you.

Matthew Shelley
4th February 2011, 17:24
But that's too small of a good thing for all these decades of 'voluntary' "contributions".
I think he was just being sarcastic in a good way.

In order to honor your beliefs, we have decided to give you back every single nickel you contributed to the space program. In return we are going to take away every thing you have that had anything to do with it.

You are back down to two black and white TV channels that you can watch on the TV. You're going to have to go to the antique store whenever the tubes burn out to get fresh ones. A serious TV Problem you're going to have is that you will have to start reading newspapers if you want national or international news, and it's going to be slow in getting to you. Think of it as the rest of the world being at least two or three days ahead of you permanently.
No more Tang, ever.
Quite a bit of the safely packaged food is gone from your diet.
Cell phone? Nuh uh. As a matter of fact, you're back to rotary and you'll have some desk space free because the computer as well as the internet won't be available either.
Plan a nice service for your uncle who needs the dialysis.
No more Tempurpedic for you buddy!
Next time you're out on the court, it will be in a pair of canvas Keds.
When you get lost in your car, you will need to stop and buy a map or ask for directions. And everything rubber in your car, tires, transmission bands, etc. will need replacing every couple of years.
Your relatives in Sydney, Beijing, or anywhere on the other side of an ocean? You'll need to learn how to write them, and they'll need to learn how to write you.
It will probably be a good idea to boil all your water.
You'll be saving money every single year on those overpriced smoke detector batteries.
Get used to the cords on the powertools.

There's more, but it's a lot to take in all at once and this is just the start.

orlando_wrx
4th February 2011, 18:58
really thnk we wouldnt have color tv without a space program? i think the only thing nasa really contributed to that wouldnt have come about anyway is tang. i work in telcom and we did have transoceanic cables before the program. we had "cell" phones before the space program.

theo
4th February 2011, 19:45
A lot of modern technology originated with some type of government research. Microwave ovens, computers, frozen dinners and the internet are all examples. However, none of these inventions would have impacted our lives if they weren't developed and commercialized by the private sector.

The Soviet Union also had its share of advancements. The AK 47 rifle, MiG 15 Jet and T-34 tank were all ahead of their time. However these achievements had little, if any, impact on the bleak lives of the Soviet populace.

SilverHawk
4th February 2011, 20:00
Ummm,
!

OH PLEASE ! ! !

The USSR was on the way down when he took office, from spending too much on the military trying to keep up with the US.

Reagan had Altzheimers most of his term.

Matthew Shelley
4th February 2011, 20:20
really thnk we wouldnt have color tv without a space program? i think the only thing nasa really contributed to that wouldnt have come about anyway is tang. i work in telcom and we did have transoceanic cables before the program. we had "cell" phones before the space program.

Actually, Tang was one thing they really didn't come up with. I tossed it in as a joke.

maplesilverbug
4th February 2011, 20:38
...if these stooges couldn't solve the problems of our past what the hell makes one think that they can solve the problems of our present and future?

Remember when they failed at running a brothel (ie. selling sex and booze)?

That's about as simple as you can get, it's no wonder everything above and beyond this...well, above and beyond their capabilities.

gollumthegreat
4th February 2011, 21:14
OH PLEASE ! ! !

Reagan had Altzheimers most of his term.

Was he not born with Altzheimers?

of one mine
4th February 2011, 22:06
Hey steadfast, youre welcome for the patriot missle. I was working for the manufacturer of the system at the time of the gulf war. I am proud to have served the cause by working on systems that came back for repair. Glad to say I did my part in keeping those weapons at the ready. I even got a scudbuster pin to comemorate it. Yaa!

of one mine

orlando_wrx
5th February 2011, 06:49
Actually, Tang was one thing they really didn't come up with. I tossed it in as a joke.
:) yeah, sorry meant to delete that when i saw you said it. keyboard broke and fumbling input with a ps3 controller. agree that space program made alot of things economical more quickly, but beyond satellites i doubt we wouldnt have developed all those other improvements anyway. i think we need robots to fix satellites and man in space is a waste. :)

silverheartbone
5th February 2011, 08:50
In order to honor your beliefs, we have decided to give you back every single nickel you contributed to the space program. In return we are going to take away every thing you have that had anything to do with it.

You are back down to two black and white TV channels that you can watch on the TV. You're going to have to go to the antique store whenever the tubes burn out to get fresh ones. A serious TV Problem you're going to have is that you will have to start reading newspapers if you want national or international news, and it's going to be slow in getting to you. Think of it as the rest of the world being at least two or three days ahead of you permanently.
No more Tang, ever.
Quite a bit of the safely packaged food is gone from your diet.
Cell phone? Nuh uh. As a matter of fact, you're back to rotary and you'll have some desk space free because the computer as well as the internet won't be available either.
Plan a nice service for your uncle who needs the dialysis.
No more Tempurpedic for you buddy!
Next time you're out on the court, it will be in a pair of canvas Keds.
When you get lost in your car, you will need to stop and buy a map or ask for directions. And everything rubber in your car, tires, transmission bands, etc. will need replacing every couple of years.
Your relatives in Sydney, Beijing, or anywhere on the other side of an ocean? You'll need to learn how to write them, and they'll need to learn how to write you.
It will probably be a good idea to boil all your water.
You'll be saving money every single year on those overpriced smoke detector batteries.
Get used to the cords on the powertools.

There's more, but it's a lot to take in all at once and this is just the start.

1) All this techology all predated 1970.
and it was
2) Not generated by any of the US government programs

Matt, is your work always of this caliber?

AgShaman
5th February 2011, 09:52
Hey steadfast, youre welcome for the patriot missle. I was working for the manufacturer of the system at the time of the gulf war. I am proud to have served the cause by working on systems that came back for repair. Glad to say I did my part in keeping those weapons at the ready. I even got a scudbuster pin to comemorate it. Yaa!

of one mine

Ha ha ha....So I have you to thank for getting steam rolled by a linebacker from Houston, TX?

Busy looking up and watching a patriot missile take out a scud above our base in the theatre....of course there's always that Jughead that panics because he doesn't have his gas mask attached to his hip. Like ants bangin' into each other on the ant hill....Curly ran me over while I was watching the firworks show.

Crash Silver...Crash Damn You! (wait until tomorrow though)

Craig
5th February 2011, 11:08
You guys have it all wrong, CURLY'S the man, without him the Stooges would have flopped...

Not to get too off topic, but Shemp was the original third stooge - curly was HIS replacement when they started making movies. Shemp always groused around that people thought he was Curly's replacement when it was the other way around.

Curly was a master, no doubt, but there are times when Shemp is so funny I about soil myself. He's by far the ugliest one of 'em all!

Matthew Shelley
5th February 2011, 17:21
No kidding? So all of your communications and media are still going through Sarah at the Mayberry switchboard and landlines? Perhaps you should read up on it a bit. Unfortunately I don't have the time to search for links for you at your favorite educational source of YouTube TV.

Steadfast
7th February 2011, 10:30

of one mine
Thank you kind sir...
you are a great American...

orlando_wrx
7th February 2011, 10:56
No kidding? So all of your communications and media are still going through Sarah at the Mayberry switchboard and landlines? Perhaps you should read up on it a bit. Unfortunately I don't have the time to search for links for you at your favorite educational source of YouTube TV.
You think your Iphone goes through satellites? bwah! you crack me up. Take it from a professional telecom tech at the worlds largest telecom corp...very rarely will ANY of your communications see outer space. And yes, the vast majority of communications travels over landlines, whether they be hdsl on copper from the local slc site or co switch or through fiber muxes, you can be sure your communications are secure on fast landlines vs interceptable over slower radiowaves. Hmmm, maybe I should try speaking misinfo to you about commodity trading? Wouldn't do it, because I know that's your world and I know nothing of it compared to you. Carry on broker.

Matthew Shelley
7th February 2011, 11:32
You think your Iphone goes through satellites? bwah! you crack me up. Take it from a professional telecom tech at the worlds largest telecom corp...very rarely will ANY of your communications see outer space. And yes, the vast majority of communications travels over landlines, whether they be hdsl on copper from the local slc site or co switch or through fiber muxes, you can be sure your communications are secure on fast landlines vs interceptable over slower radiowaves. Hmmm, maybe I should try speaking misinfo to you about commodity trading? Wouldn't do it, because I know that's your world and I know nothing of it compared to you. Carry on broker.

Hate to tell you, but brokers do know just a tiny bit about the communications system. Being as we use it heavily 24-7. So you're saying that all of those satellite dishes we see at the major phone company sites in the area are just for decoration? And just because from the delays, most brokers can tell you how many satellites they're bouncing off between here and Sydney or Hong Kong means we just have vivid imaginations? I guess depending on telecom for your livelihood carries a little bit of weight. BTW? When was it that the speed of light exceeded the speed of electrical transmission. A lot of physics professors are going to be fascinated by this new development!!

Matthew Shelley
Commodity Broker

As always: Trading in futures and options is very high risk investing. You can lose all or more of the money you invest. Only risk capital should be used.

silverheartbone
7th February 2011, 11:56
I'd have to agree with you here Matt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOdEAaoIs_U

http://qrobe.it/search/?q=%22comverse+infosys%22+spying

orlando_wrx
7th February 2011, 13:01
BTW? When was it that the speed of light exceeded the speed of electrical transmission. A lot of physics professors are going to be fascinated by this new development!!
Just so you know, unless you are in a very rural area your communications are most likely switched to fiber within 3-5 miles from your location. Speed of light vs speed of light? there is alot more to transmission "speed" than travel time from one location to another (interfence necessitating packet retransmission/error correction/ etc.) If we were only concerned with the actual travel time of light vs electrical impulse on a controlled transfer medium (sat vs fiber vs "perfect" copper) you wouldn't be able to tell the difference without specialized equipment anyway. It is outside influences that make the difference between the "speed" of the technologies.

Matthew Shelley
7th February 2011, 14:24
Just so you know, unless you are in a very rural area your communications are most likely switched to fiber within 3-5 miles from your location. Speed of light vs speed of light? there is alot more to transmission "speed" than travel time from one location to another (interfence necessitating packet retransmission/error correction/ etc.) If we were only concerned with the actual travel time of light vs electrical impulse on a controlled transfer medium (sat vs fiber vs "perfect" copper) you wouldn't be able to tell the difference without specialized equipment anyway. It is outside influences that make the difference between the "speed" of the technologies.

You may have missed the high school class where we were taught that radio waves travel at the speed of light. Sounds like you got the other technical stuff down though. Maybe you should either read your own posts, or set your sarcasm meter a bit higher when you read mine.

silverheartbone
9th May 2013, 14:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwfFIM8K9gQ Judge Orders Conspiracy Re-Education For Lauryn Hill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwfFIM8K9gQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ2VAV3HYdU Jeff Bliss, a High School student gives a lesson to his teacher at Duncanville
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOvRw4XzvWU Nicole Scherzinger: You Have to Sell Your Soul to the Devil

valerb
10th May 2013, 02:18
Silvers Price

May 10 2013 2:15AM NY Time

Bid/Ask 23.74 23.84
Low/High 23.64 23.92
Change -0.01 -0.04%
30DayChg -3.91 -14.14%
1YearChg -5.30 -18.25%

billmr
10th May 2013, 13:39
Silvers Price

May 10 2013 2:15AM NY Time

Bid/Ask 23.74 23.84
Low/High 23.64 23.92
Change -0.01 -0.04%
30DayChg -3.91 -14.14%
1YearChg -5.30 -18.25%

As usual vale you have nothing to add, but you do have to have the last post in every thread don't you ?

We all know you are a pathetic old spinster living in a small slummy subsidized apartment.

valerb
10th May 2013, 16:10
As usual vale you have nothing to add, but you do have to have the last post in every thread don't you ?

We all know you are a pathetic old spinster living in a small slummy subsidized apartment.

I need something to fill my time while living in squalor, besides running a hand generator to power my super charged Kenbak-1 computer to send these messages.

By the way, I added something related to Silver which was lacking on this thread and to keep up with that tradition:

May 10 2013 3:55PM NY Time

Bid/Ask 23.83 23.93

Low/High 23.11 24.03

Change +0.08 +0.34%

30DayChg -3.82 -13.82%

1YearChg -5.21 -17.94%

billmr
10th May 2013, 20:26
I need something to fill my time while living in squalor, besides running a hand generator to power my super charged Kenbak-1 computer to send these messages.

I prefer my IBM 5100 to the kenbak cause at least it will be useful in the future, but if I may ask what is the serial # of your kenbak?

valerb
11th May 2013, 05:37
I prefer my IBM 5100 to the kenbak cause at least it will be useful in the future, but if I may ask what is the serial # of your kenbak?

If I actually owned one of those worthless toy's, it would probably be worth a fortune because of it's rarity. I know they didn't make many.

I had no desire to own a toy like the original PCs. They just were not capable of doing anything and I already had my exposure to the Unit Record world and then into the big time world of the 1401 computer, before moving on up to the 1440 series. Meanwhile the computer world was passing me by with the 360 series and shortly thereafter with the 370's.

Wiring boards for 402 and 407 accounting machines cured my fantasy of toying with beginning computers. Writing programs that were nothing more than doing the same basic things, but doing it on punched cards instead of wires wasn't much of a step up with the 1401. By the early 70's I had my fill of providing service and jumped ship to being served and didn't have to do anything but design system for manufacturing until around 1982 when they dumped a Wang terminal on my desk.

Yeehaw, actual files stored on disk, basic programing language and I could do whatever I wanted.

I eventually bought my own 386 in 1990 for a mere $3,000 at Sam's club, only to have it go belly up just before the warranty expired, but the computer manufacture had expired first. Sam's gave me a full refund, which was enough to buy a newer, better 486 and I had change left over. Gotta love the advancements in technology.

The last time I actually wrote any programs was back in 1995 when I did an inventory control system for my wife's nursing home chain to run on their PCs and it was done in Basic.

That part time task turned into months, which was enough to KILL my programming desires for life!!

Stack Silver not lines of code to save your sanity.

billmr
11th May 2013, 15:53
If I actually owned one of those worthless toy's, it would probably be worth a fortune because of it's rarity. I know they didn't make many.

I had no desire to own a toy like the original PCs. They just were not capable of doing anything and I already had my exposure to the Unit Record world and then into the big time world of the 1401 computer, before moving on up to the 1440 series. Meanwhile the computer world was passing me by with the 360 series and shortly thereafter with the 370's.

Wiring boards for 402 and 407 accounting machines cured my fantasy of toying with beginning computers. Writing programs that were nothing more than doing the same basic things, but doing it on punched cards instead of wires wasn't much of a step up with the 1401. By the early 70's I had my fill of providing service and jumped ship to being served and didn't have to do anything but design system for manufacturing until around 1982 when they dumped a Wang terminal on my desk.

Yeehaw, actual files stored on disk, basic programing language and I could do whatever I wanted.

I eventually bought my own 386 in 1990 for a mere $3,000 at Sam's club, only to have it go belly up just before the warranty expired, but the computer manufacture had expired first. Sam's gave me a full refund, which was enough to buy a newer, better 486 and I had change left over. Gotta love the advancements in technology.

The last time I actually wrote any programs was back in 1995 when I did an inventory control system for my wife's nursing home chain to run on their PCs and it was done in Basic.

That part time task turned into months, which was enough to KILL my programming desires for life!!

How can a worthless toy be worth a fortune?

Sour Grapes, cause you don't have one

Is that when you learned 2 + 2 = 3.99999999 ?

which was not much, I am going to assume at best you plotted bessel functi0ns ?

back in 1980 there were lots of specialty computer shops, and even a cool mag called "computer shopper"

That was probably the last time anyone ever wrote commercial program in basic, have you submitted that to Guinness?

a bunch of trees were also killed to make the boxes of paper you consumed.

Ignore me, save your sanity

valerb
11th May 2013, 18:55
Actually a mummy is worthless also, but extremely valuable to some.

Just like those first toy's called personal computers. They were nothing more than a hobby and extremely time consuming to do next to nothing.

I wish I had saved those Mickey Mantle baseball cards when I was a kid also, but they are just as useful as one of those old PCs.

It doesn't matter if it's a baseball card, beanie baby or an old electronic gadget. Some will become valuable collectors items and most will not.

Poor baby, it sounds like I stepped on your nerves. Too bad those old PCs where really toy's, but that's all they were.

I actually never had a need to create charts, just operating systems for the warehouses and useful reports for our field engineers to use while roaming around from one customers location to another.

It was surprising how backwards a multi-billion dollar computer company could be back in the 1970's and 80's, with their own software.

Just because you can make the equipment, doesn't mean you have the intelligence to put it to good use yourself.

Yes I also subscribed to Computer Shopper when it was a huge magazine and watched it shrink down to nothing in advertisement space over the years.

Basic programming language was very common back then and a language many individuals were familiar with, even if they were not all that adept with using it themselves.

That system was a one time shot for me and not something I wanted to maintain for the rest of my life. They have a data service contract for their systems but not for their software. However since it was done in Basic and they had all the flow charts, they agreed to maintain the updates as needed. Which was nothing more than modifying files to accommodate the vendors. And of course the occasional disaster caused by operator error when your using stand alone PC systems.

It may surprise you to know, but most people using a computer on the job, are not looking at charts, but using their system as a tool to do their job.

It's far more sophisticated than it was 40 years ago, but it's still a basic input and output device, other than the time wasted browsing face-book that your employer doesn't know about.

billmr
12th May 2013, 15:40
Actually a mummy is worthless also, but extremely valuable to some.

Just like those first toy's called personal computers. They were nothing more than a hobby and extremely time consuming to do next to nothing.

I wish I had saved those Mickey Mantle baseball cards when I was a kid also, but they are just as useful as one of those old PCs.

It doesn't matter if it's a baseball card, beanie baby or an old electronic gadget. Some will become valuable collectors items and most will not.

Poor baby, it sounds like I stepped on your nerves. Too bad those old PCs where really toy's, but that's all they were.

I actually never had a need to create charts, just operating systems for the warehouses and useful reports for our field engineers to use while roaming around from one customers location to another.

It was surprising how backwards a multi-billion dollar computer company could be back in the 1970's and 80's, with their own software.

Just because you can make the equipment, doesn't mean you have the intelligence to put it to good use yourself.

Yes I also subscribed to Computer Shopper when it was a huge magazine and watched it shrink down to nothing in advertisement space over the years.

Basic programming language was very common back then and a language many individuals were familiar with, even if they were not all that adept with using it themselves.

That system was a one time shot for me and not something I wanted to maintain for the rest of my life. They have a data service contract for their systems but not for their software. However since it was done in Basic and they had all the flow charts, they agreed to maintain the updates as needed. Which was nothing more than modifying files to accommodate the vendors. And of course the occasional disaster caused by operator error when your using stand alone PC systems.

It may surprise you to know, but most people using a computer on the job, are not looking at charts, but using their system as a tool to do their job.

It's far more sophisticated than it was 40 years ago, but it's still a basic input and output device, other than the time wasted browsing face-book that your employer doesn't know about.

A mummy is not worthless, except perhaps to you. I would be happy to have an mummy in my collection.

a toy to some can be a tool to others, for you it was just GIGO

Computers have fertilized the evil root of debasement, and have enabled the beasts in man to do unimaginable things .

Mirror Mirror running android on the wall, who has the biggest blinders of them all ?

valerb
12th May 2013, 20:00
A mummy is not worthless, except perhaps to you. I would be happy to have an mummy in my collection.

a toy to some can be a tool to others, for you it was just GIGO

Computers have fertilized the evil root of debasement, and have enabled the beasts in man to do unimaginable things .

Your so right, why are we even flying around in outer space and in large crafts when we could easily still be traveling by surface ships.

Who would be investing in Silver if there was a great abundance, because of a lack of human invention.

And if it wasn't for computers, you wouldn't be out here talking mumbo jumbo.

billmr
12th May 2013, 21:10
Your so right, why are we even flying around in outer space and in large crafts when we could easily still be traveling by surface ships.

Who would be investing in Silver if there was a great abundance, because of a lack of human invention.

And if it wasn't for computers, you wouldn't be out here talking mumbo jumbo.

Hold fast to your dreams for when they die, you may see your life is a barren field frozen with snow.