PDA

View Full Version : Ted Butler's - "Real Story"

mizou
10th November 2008, 22:50
The introduction to the story below was from the GATA website and quoted below..

I wonder how long can the governments worldwide, be able to keep the lid on this story..
I can see this story having the potential of making its way to the sheople's mainstream media ...

Here is the link to ted Butlers story on Silverseek.
http://news.silverseek.com/TedButler/1226344970.php

"Bear Stearns held the largest concentrated short position in COMEX silver (and gold) futures at the time of its forced merger with JP Morgan in March. That position was not discovered until the publishing of the August Bank Participation Report followed by the October 8 letter from the CFTC to Congressman Miller. Furthermore, Bear Stearns had no legitimate backing to the short silver position, either in actual metal or cash. Otherwise it could have been delivered against or bought back, just as would have happened were it a long position.

"The price of silver at the time of Bear Stearns implosion was $20 to $21 an ounce. A free-market covering of a concentrated short position of this size would have driven silver prices to the $50 or $100 level and would have exposed the long-term manipulation. Rather than let the free market deal with the required short covering of such an uneconomic and unbacked short position, government authorities arranged to have the short position transferred to JP Morgan. This was undertaken by the U.S. Treasury Department, along with taxpayer guarantees against loss to Morgan worth billions of dollars. This was done, no doubt, to save the financial system from imploding. This was also patently illegal, as it aided and abetted the silver manipulation."

That is, it is now virtually certain that the big silver short (and the big gold short) is the U.S. government's New York bank, JPMorganChase.

Butler's new commentary is headlined "The Real Story" and you can find it at GoldSeek's companion site, SilverSeek, here:

http://news.silverseek.com/TedButler/1226344970.php

main1event
10th November 2008, 23:12
The manipulation is going to create shortages in everything. There is outright manipulation, there is no question of it now. Nobody should be able to short or buy that many contracts. There is hardly that much above ground silver to begin with.

Just hold onto your silver, someday it will be worth more than the 10 to 20 people are paying for it, whether its through debasement of our currency or scarcity.

valerb
11th November 2008, 05:22
One of Ted Butlers more promising articles, a must read!

strongman shelford
11th November 2008, 05:29
I think I am tired with the Short position story.
THey can keep doing that for years.... Look, Ted Butler is saying that for years.
Silver is looking weak now. When is going to get back? That`s the question.

ozbuyoz
11th November 2008, 05:48
I think I am tired with the Short position story.
THey can keep doing that for years.... Look, Ted Butler is saying that for years.
Silver is looking weak now. When is going to get back? That`s the question.
I tire also. perhaps we will see some indications after the G20 meeting. It's only a matter of time 'till we see PM's reach their TRUE value. Be patient.

research24
11th November 2008, 07:26
One of Ted Butlers more promising articles, a must read!

We've been reading the same story for twenty years. YOU are being robbed of YOUR money so that the banksters can prevent you from protecting yourself with PM's. WAKE UP YOU FOOLS!!! YOU ARE BEING ROBBED AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IT.

valerb
11th November 2008, 08:08
We've been reading the same story for twenty years. YOU are being robbed of YOUR money so that the banksters can prevent you from protecting yourself with PM's. WAKE UP YOU FOOLS!!! YOU ARE BEING ROBBED AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IT.

That sounds a little confusing to me, most everyone here is and has been buying PM's. Should we wake up and buy more or are we fools for buying in the first place?

duneyman
11th November 2008, 09:17
It appears to me that if there truly is an industrial- wholesale shortage of silver out there the manipulation will eventually have to end. Ted Butler has continually predicted a coming shortage but it hasn't happened yet.

main1event
11th November 2008, 10:07
It appears to me that if there truly is an industrial- wholesale shortage of silver out there the manipulation will eventually have to end. Ted Butler has continually predicted a coming shortage but it hasn't happened yet.

Forget the shortages, lets try to answer his question. Why doesnt everyone just focus on the real issue. How are 1 or 2 banks allowed to control 25% of worldwide production? That happens in no other commodity, and if you were to do it from the long side, it would be considered manipulation.

MikeJ
11th November 2008, 12:55

Sure, so one should put their money in stocks or bonds because the yield is much better? Or how about a nice 1% interest in a savings account? lol