4th November 2008, 23:31
Yes It Is True.

THIS SHOULD PLEASE EVERYONE....NO HITTING

To look into the future. Midterm elections 2010

Obama is the second coming or
Barry is Jimmy Carter II

YakHairSandwich
5th November 2008, 02:18
I'm just wondering how someone that isn't even a born US citizen can even run for president, nonetheless win.

He was born in Kenya, and he was raised in another country as a Muslim.

People need to wake up quick.

Argent
5th November 2008, 06:24
I'm just wondering how someone that isn't even a born US citizen can even run for president, nonetheless win.

Barack was born in Hawaii which makes him a natural born US citizen.

Crawl back under your rock.

ADUB
5th November 2008, 07:27

Where are you from Dude...Obama is a Christian born in Hawaii. Get your facts straight!!! You sound like that old Lady at the McCain rally accusing him of being an ARAB.

tomtana59911
5th November 2008, 08:11
"i Will Stand With The Muslims Should The Political Winds Shift In An Ugly Direction" Right From His Own Book!!!!the Audacity Of Hope!sounds Like A Real Christian To Me.
Why Was He Reading The Book"the World Post America"while On The Campain Trail.

We Americans Are Going To Get What We Deserve Because We Have Gotten Fat And Lazy!!

I Sure Hope That :(i Am Wrong,and You Are Right!!

silver_surfer
5th November 2008, 08:21
finally people stand up. the people have spoken. go Barrack

Argent
5th November 2008, 08:28
"i Will Stand With The Muslims Should The Political Winds Shift In An Ugly Direction" Right From His Own Book!!!!the Audacity Of Hope!sounds Like A Real Christian To Me.

We Americans Are Going To Get What We Deserve Because We Have Gotten Fat And Lazy!!

I Sure Hope That :(i Am Wrong,and You Are Right!!
You speak of laziness, yet you do nothing to provide us with the entire context. Can't we think for ourselves anymore?

Here it is in it's entirety...

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

By the way, the book is entitled The Post-American World.

Publishers Weekly summarizes the thesis as follows:

When a book proclaims that it is not about the decline of America but the rise of everyone else, readers might expect another diatribe about our dismal post-9/11 world. They are in for a pleasant surprise as Newsweek editor and popular pundit Zakaria (The Future of Freedom) delivers a stimulating, largely optimistic forecast of where the 21st century is heading. We are living in a peaceful era, he maintains; world violence peaked around 1990 and has plummeted to a record low. Burgeoning prosperity has spread to the developing world, raising standards of living in Brazil, India, China and Indonesia. Twenty years ago China discarded Soviet economics but not its politics, leading to a wildly effective, top-down, scorched-earth boom. Its political antithesis, India, also prospers while remaining a chaotic, inefficient democracy, as Indian elected officials are (generally) loathe to use the brutally efficient tactics that are the staple of Chinese governance. Paradoxically, India's greatest asset is its relative stability in the region; its officials take an unruly population for granted, while dissent produces paranoia in Chinese leaders. Zakaria predicts that despite its record of recent blunders at home and abroad, America will stay strong, buoyed by a stellar educational system and the influx of young immigrants, who give the U.S. a more youthful demographic than Europe and much of Asia whose workers support an increasing population of unproductive elderly. A lucid, thought-provoking appraisal of world affairs, this book will engage readers on both sides of the political spectrum.

nayoibi
5th November 2008, 08:32

I Sure Hope That :(i Am Wrong,and You Are Right!! I did not vote , but this is America and our constitution guarantees freedom of religion. It would be a good thing if people were judged by the "content of their character and not the color of their skin" I was amazed to witness a slew of life-long racists heading to the polls to vote for Barry Obama and if you are unhappy you can certainly blame Geo. W. Bush for it ! Dubya exibited the epitome of all the 'worst' caucasian traits , greedy , arrogant , elitist , immoral , lacking compassion , deceptive , manipulating , conniving , greedy........etc...etc... The racists I know were afraid that John Mccain was a continuance of the Bush policies. Remember Bush's campaign promise that he was not into "nation building" and that he was a COMPASSIONATE - conservative ?? If anyone is unhappy and scared this morning , blame George Bush (/Cheney) and the content of (their) his character. Excuse me , while I go barf .................

iucobra
5th November 2008, 08:43
That is what I believe. There is a lawyer out there named phillip berg he is a democrat. His web sight has 60 million hits. He is in the process of taking his case before the supreme court. He claims he can prove Obama was not born in the US. Obama refuses to answer to this guy. If the supreme court takes this case look for Obama to lose his bid to become president.

nayoibi
5th November 2008, 08:48
That is what I believe. There is a lawyer out there named phillip berg he is a democrat. His web sight has 60 million hits. He is in the process of taking his case before the supreme court. He claims he can prove Obama was not born in the US. Obama refuses to answer to this guy. If the supreme court takes this case look for Obama to lose his bid to become president. Will Mr. Berg and the supreme court also decide to (finally) impeach Bush/Cheney ??? It is overdue........

prahudka
5th November 2008, 08:56
Will Mr. Berg and the supreme court also decide to (finally) impeach Bush/Cheney ??? It is overdue........

No standing? A "frivolous claim" by Berg? I think the Supreme Court will be 100% political on this and will be too chicken to upset the apple cart.

http://www.rense.com/1.imagesH/punkinbarf.jpg

Kelly
5th November 2008, 09:14
I think the Supreme Court will be 100% political on this and will be too chicken to upset the apple cart.

Although I did not vote for Obama, to be honest, now that he has won, I hope this never makes it to the Supreme Court simply because I don't think America needs that kind of distraction right now. Making a big deal out of this would only further divide and imbitter millions of American people. As a nation, we don't need to go through it. There are just too many other things that demand our attention.

We've got extraordinarily serious economic problems and the Middle East is ready to blow up again, so please, let's at least give the man a chance to do the job the people elected him for. He won the popular vote hands down, and until he really screws up big time, I think we need to support him.

The rest of the world seems to simply love this man. If nothing else he is a great orator. Bush destroyed America's reputation and if Obama can repair America's standing in the eyes of the rest of the world, then that's a good thing.

I'm going to support his presidency, even though I didn't vote for him and I will continue to take that stance until he prooves himself undeserving of our trust and respect.

and(EU)
5th November 2008, 09:25
@Kelly
Your comment is what I'd call TRUE PATRIOTISM. I agree, you should support Obama until he makes big mistakes. Everyone else (speakin for EU) loves him, because they belive America will become friendlier towards the world (foreign policy). I kind of hope so too. Let's face it - can't be worse then the current one.

One_of_Many
5th November 2008, 11:13
I'm going to support his presidency, even though I didn't vote for him and I will continue to take that stance until he prooves himself undeserving of our trust and respect.

Yup. I totally agree.

Erniescar
5th November 2008, 11:34
I like silver

<adding silver content to this discussion>

YakHairSandwich
5th November 2008, 13:26
Where are you from Dude...Obama is a Christian born in Hawaii. Get your facts straight!!! You sound like that old Lady at the McCain rally accusing him of being an ARAB.

That's what the media says.

You sound like someone that needs to wake up.

prahudka
5th November 2008, 13:37
He won the popular vote hands down, and until he really screws up big time, I think we need to support him.

The rest of the world seems to simply love this man. If nothing else he is a great orator. Bush destroyed America's reputation and if Obama can repair America's standing in the eyes of the rest of the world, then that's a good thing.

That is the only responsible way to think. You are right. But, I will not forget that the Constitution is being compromised.

See Jeremiah 29, Romans 13.

Kelly
5th November 2008, 13:45
But, I will not forget that the Constitution is being compromised.

Yep, there certainly are reasonable questions about Obama's place of birth. While I don't want to see the country torn apart over this, I certainly don't want it to in anyway be seen as something that sets a legal precedent either. That would be terribly dangerous and open this country up to foreign control. I do think this is an issue that needs to be addressed, but I am hoping there is a way to go about it without putting the country in total turmoil.

garydrumm
5th November 2008, 13:45
I like silver

<adding silver content to this discussion>

GW's hair has turned a little "silver" since he's been in office. I wonder if the same will happen to Obama?

Kelly
5th November 2008, 14:23
With the exception of Ronald Reagan, (whom I suspect regularly colored his hair,) every single president I can remember came out of office with a whole lot more gray hair. It's got to be a fairly grueling job.

research24
5th November 2008, 15:33
I suspect that what we shall see from Mr. Change is a whole lot more of the same.

For those who have faith in presidents, highly I recommend reading a bit of history.

ascentient
5th November 2008, 15:56
President's can't solve economic problems because government IS the economic problem. Every government employee (with very few exceptions) are cost centre's to an economy - they drain resources that could be used in productive acts.

On the flipside, Obama will likely pacify the growing resentment for government that has been building for years now by the masses. A pacified population will make for easier opportunities for wealth for those who desire it.

My personal philosophy is always bet against the government. If they increase taxes move assets offshore. If they confiscate gold, hide gold. If they allocate resources to a particular sector, move your resources to the potentially profitable one that they overlooked as it wasn't "popular".

The opportunities for arbitrage and profit are endless and a Democratic government is likely easier to outmanouevre than a Republican one (who put large amounts of resources into the military which is hard to bet against without being referred to as a terrorist).

Unlike Bush, Obama is intelligent and considers advice. That makes him more predictable, as his responses to events are more likely to be foreshadowed by commentary and insight in the media.

I don't support him, as I don't support any authority that interferes with my right to self-governance and self-determination, but I'm glad he won (relative to the Republican challenger).

Let's move on and get rich.

JesterJay
5th November 2008, 17:09
That's what he says. But has not backed it up with PAPERS.
Geez- I can't read this **** anymore,
JesterJay

Barack was born in Hawaii which makes him a natural born US citizen.

Crawl back under your rock.

FedFixNix
5th November 2008, 17:38
Thanks Argent, for saving me the trouble of shooting down just one of the lies and distortions Fox and Limbaugh and the Neo-Cons keep pumping out about Obama, and Democrats in general.

Jesterjay just left a load of such propaganda below that are all either lies, half-truths, or gross distortions of statements taken out of context to be made to seem something they were not. These are textbook examples of sophistries and logical fallacies. There is no way to combat willful ignorance other than painful lessons of experience.

Sad. :-(

You speak of laziness, yet you do nothing to provide us with the entire context. Can't we think for ourselves anymore?

Here it is in it's entirety...

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

By the way, the book is entitled The Post-American World.

Publishers Weekly summarizes the thesis as follows:

When a book proclaims that it is not about the decline of America but the rise of everyone else, readers might expect another diatribe about our dismal post-9/11 world. They are in for a pleasant surprise as Newsweek editor and popular pundit Zakaria (The Future of Freedom) delivers a stimulating, largely optimistic forecast of where the 21st century is heading. We are living in a peaceful era, he maintains; world violence peaked around 1990 and has plummeted to a record low. Burgeoning prosperity has spread to the developing world, raising standards of living in Brazil, India, China and Indonesia. Twenty years ago China discarded Soviet economics but not its politics, leading to a wildly effective, top-down, scorched-earth boom. Its political antithesis, India, also prospers while remaining a chaotic, inefficient democracy, as Indian elected officials are (generally) loathe to use the brutally efficient tactics that are the staple of Chinese governance. Paradoxically, India's greatest asset is its relative stability in the region; its officials take an unruly population for granted, while dissent produces paranoia in Chinese leaders. Zakaria predicts that despite its record of recent blunders at home and abroad, America will stay strong, buoyed by a stellar educational system and the influx of young immigrants, who give the U.S. a more youthful demographic than Europe and much of Asia whose workers support an increasing population of unproductive elderly. A lucid, thought-provoking appraisal of world affairs, this book will engage readers on both sides of the political spectrum.

FedFixNix
5th November 2008, 18:39
I suspect that what we shall see from Mr. Change is a whole lot more of the same. For those who have faith in presidents, highly I recommend reading a bit of history.

I suspect you are wrong about the change, keeping in mind that change is always opposed by the status quo except where the changes are very profitable to those in real power. The President has little "real" power except in time of war or national emergency, or the power of the veto. But you are correct; we will have to see. I think change is going to be forced upon our nation, and the world. The economy of our world is still crumbling, and rapidly.

As for faith, I have faith in God and the best that is in mankind. I have faith in eternal principles and values. I have faith in the ability of mankind to progress, learn from their mistakes, and eventually to create high levels of self-government that are truly representative, just and fair.

As for reading history, Research, I have devoted much of my 70-year life to studying history, archeology, philosophy, religion, sociology, and economics, so that "reading a bit of history" remark just doesn't wash. You would probably need "read history" for a long time to catch up with me.

More than just "read history", I have made an effort to study historical events from as many and varied sources as possible, because I know that that the stories that make up history are dominated by the strong and victorious, but there are always more than one POV. No judge makes a wise decision by hearing only one side of a case, and no accurate view of history can be had by hearing only one version of an event.

I've studied enough history to fully understand how distorted our own mainstream versions of history are, and what a concerted effort has been made by the powers that be to rewrite and revise certain key aspects of our American History.

Have you?

silverheartbone
24th January 2013, 10:03
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/inauguralballsobama_ip_ssv.jpg

All people along the inauguration parade route and at the balls will have to go through security screening. (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6597758&page=1)Some of the items restricted along the parade route beyond the obvious prohibition against weapons include aerosols, supports for signs and placards, packages, coolers, thermal or glass containers, backpacks, bags exceeding size restrictions (8" x 6" x 4"), laser pointers, animals other than helper/guide dogs, structures, bicycles and any other items determined to be a potential safety hazard.

Let us compare and contrast that zionist Washington DC culture with one of a so called tyrant like Saddam Hussein.

Have you ever seen a scene where thousands of unsearched folks attended open air political rallies where they carried full automatic assault weapons?
Often firing them into the air with approval for Hussein's speech.
Does anyone else see what is wrong with this picture?
Which government is the greater evil and suppresses their people?

With the exception of Ronald Reagan, (whom I suspect regularly colored his hair,) every single president I can remember came out of office with a whole lot more gray hair. It's got to be a fairly grueling job.

Suspect???? http://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.png