PDA

View Full Version : Who's got the Guts to Bet Against Me?

Mighty Moose
21st January 2011, 03:33
I'm now taking bets against all shills, naysayers, & just-plain idiots. In case I missed anyone, I welcome ignorant fools of all types.

Here's the wager: I say silver will break $50 by midnight(CST) of April 22nd, 2011. If you passionately disagree & are brave enough to put your money where your mouth is, then simply bet that silver won't reach $50 by April 22nd - this includes intraday highs. You can can do this by making an official post - on this thread - stating that you disagree with me & are willing to except the terms of this wager. All bets must be in place by January 31st, 2011.

The terms are as follows: All losers will agree to permantly refrain from ever commenting again on SilverSeek, forever banished to being merely a lurker. One final post within 24 hours of the deadline (11:59PM CST of April 22nd, 2011) must be submitted. The post shall consist of two sentences.

Statement No. 1) "I am a blind fool who has led everyone astray with my shameful ignorance & meaningless discourse, so please ignore all of my previous posts which are filled with nonsense & deception about silver."

Statement No. 2) "I declare that I will never ever post anymore comments on SilverSeek & shall, thankfully, never be heard from again on this message board."

I can only assume that those of you who continue to bash silver or it's immediate burgeoning potential without taking this bet on, are either unsure about your own negative conjecture or are disingenuous, possibly even a shill. Until then, your words should be considered suspect or vacuous & full of froth at best.

Okay, place your bets if you dare! :cool: Its time to clean this place up; the stench is getting overwhelming.

Kohiba
21st January 2011, 05:12
Ha ha! Good stuff. I'll take that bet, I have nothing good to say anyway. Hope you win.

valerb
21st January 2011, 05:20
I'm now taking bets against all shills, naysayers, & just-plain idiots. In case I missed anyone, I welcome ignorant fools of all types.

Here's the wager: I say silver will break $50 by midnight(CST) of April 22nd, 2011. If you passionately disagree & are brave enough to put your money where your mouth is, then simply bet that silver won't reach $50 by April 22nd - this includes intraday highs. You can can do this by making an official post - on this thread - stating that you disagree with me & are willing to except the terms of this wager. All bets must be in place by January 31st, 2011.

The terms are as follows: All losers will agree to permantly refrain from ever commenting again on SilverSeek, forever banished to being merely a lurker. One final post within 24 hours of the deadline (11:59PM CST of April 22nd, 2011) must be submitted. The post shall consist of two sentences.

Statement No. 1) "I am a blind fool who has led everyone astray with my shameful ignorance & meaningless discourse, so please ignore all of my previous posts which are filled with nonsense & deception about silver."

Statement No. 2) "I declare that I will never ever post anymore comments on SilverSeek & shall, thankfully, never be heard from again on this message board."

I can only assume that those of you who continue to bash silver or it's immediate burgeoning potential without taking this bet on, are either unsure about your own negative conjecture or are disingenuous, possibly even a shill. Until then, your words should be considered suspect or vacuous & full of froth at best.

Okay, place your bets if you dare! :cool: Its time to clean this place up; the stench is getting overwhelming.

That's a reasonable figure to bet on, as a closing day figure, but not when using intra day highs. We've already seen multi-dollar swings, so if Silver starts moving closer to the $40 range, we might very well be seeing these $5 to $10 swings people have been predicting for many years. I can see the possibility of $50 being breached on several occasions before ever actually closing above $50. Then again, it might close at $42 one day and over $50 the next. Then again, it may never close above $50.

I think if you change that to closing day figure, you might get some takers.

Was it you or someone else that made a similar wager in the past, but no one took the bet. I believe that person actually lost their bet, but since no one took them up, that person didn't bow his/her head in shame and just disappear.

I think it's a fools bet, as Silver may only be worth $5 an ounce come April 22nd if we were to hit a financial disaster to end all financial disasters. On the other end, we could be looking at $500 Silver on April 22nd if the dollar should collapse and hyper-inflation sets in.

I don't know where you are getting your super secret inside information that the Silver shortage is really here, but I'm pulling for you to win that bet. As $50 is my target to start selling some Silver, assuming the dollar hasn't collapsed!!

ccjoe
21st January 2011, 05:28
That's a reasonable figure to bet on, as a closing day figure, but not when using intra day highs. We've already seen multi-dollar swings, so if Silver starts moving closer to the $40 range, we might very well be seeing these $5 to $10 swings people have been predicting for many years. I can see the possibility of $50 being breached on several occasions before ever actually closing above $50. Then again, it might close at $42 one day and over $50 the next. Then again, it may never close above $50.

Was it you or someone else that made a similar wager in the past, but no one took the bet. I believe that person actually lost their bet, but since no one took them up, that person didn't bow his/her head in shame and just disappear.

I think it's a fools bet, as Silver may only be worth $5 an ounce come April 22nd if we were to hit a financial disaster to end all financial disasters. On the other end, we could be looking at $500 Silver on April 22nd if the dollar should collapse and hyper-inflation sets in.

I don't know where you are getting your super secret inside information that the Silver shortage is really here, but I'm pulling for you to win that bet. As $50 is my target to start selling some Silver, assuming the dollar hasn't collapsed!!

I'm with you MM as I just bet a commodities MAR Call 34 Options bet yesterday in Chicago.
Furthermore God is on my side in particular, as my son's bday is 4/21! That's tells me that God was influencing your choice of dates to make ME feel more confident. As I say first thing waking up AND all day "Thank you God!"
Val---You surprised me with this post i.e. very open minded and interesting. I think God is getting to your heart in you middle age:)

Mighty Moose
21st January 2011, 06:03

Yeah, it was me; it was against chroNick. I challenged his prognosis & he got riled up....basically called me on in one form or another. I then upped the anti & the wager was on.
He's been close enough for me in honoring the bet, except for one post that sort of infringed on the original terms of our not-so-friendly wager.

Mighty Moose
21st January 2011, 06:13
I'm with you MM as I just bet a commodities MAR Call 34 Options bet yesterday in Chicago.
Furthermore God is on my side in particular, as my son's bday is 4/21! That's tells me that God was influencing your choice of dates to make ME feel more confident. As I say first thing waking up AND all day "Thank you God!"
Val---You surprised me with this post i.e. very open minded and interesting. I think God is getting to your heart in you middle age:)

Strange, indeed.......I was originally using a date that coincided with my own birthday in April, but then I changed it a wee bit or so after briefly rethinking about it. I guess we shall see, eh!?!

Mighty Moose
21st January 2011, 06:20
Ha ha! Good stuff. I'll take that bet, I have nothing good to say anyway. Hope you win.

Welcome & thanks Kohiba.

Don't worry, I won't hold you to it & if I win....then WE ALL WIN, right!

valerb
21st January 2011, 06:45

I'm looking at that date also as a 66th birthday present to myself. I just have to get that 2,000 ounces delivered and a check back to me by the 30th.

What is Truth?
21st January 2011, 07:16

If you lose you will publicly admit you were wrong and not come back here again as Mighty Moose or under any other name.

I'll take that bet. I would be happy to lose if silver hits $50 by then. I really don't want to see you go but it is about time that realistic predictions start being made around here.

What is Truth?
21st January 2011, 07:29
Let's clarify something. What if silver does not reach fifty by your deadline ? Does that mean that you will leave the forum ? If you and anyone else who takes the bet is willing to admit his foolishness and just take off to *** if I win, then I may very well do this. Is this jsut a way to get rid of the Roger ?

I like how he insults those who take him on yet gives no penalty for himself if he loses.

Mighty Moose
21st January 2011, 08:08
"If you lose you will publicly admit you were wrong and not come back here again as Mighty Moose or under any other name.

I'll take that bet. I would be happy to lose if silver hits $50 by then. I really don't want to see you go but it is about time that realistic predictions start being made around here"

Originally Posted by roger
Let's clarify something. What if silver does not reach fifty by your deadline ? Does that mean that you will leave the forum ? If you and anyone else who takes the bet is willing to admit his foolishness and just take off to *** if I win, then I may very well do this. Is this jsut a way to get rid of the Roger ?

I like how he insults those who take him on yet gives no penalty for himself if he loses

...........two birds with one stone so far. Me likey!

This is an open bet put out by me, so yes & yes, I am under the same rules & would suffer the same consequences, if I were to lose.......which I won't!

What'd ya say? Or are you gonna keep cluckin around ya couple of chickens!?! :p

maplesilverbug
21st January 2011, 08:38
Tried this once with my Betting Emporium (http://forums.silverseek.com/showthread.php?8353-Maplesilverbug-s-Betting-Emporium&highlight=betting).
(I'm 100% thus far...)

No one here takes bets or stands behind their choice.
Perhaps their belief in silver is as volatile as the market itself.

Mighty Moose
21st January 2011, 08:39
Come on regor & TWIT.......don't tease me now!

How long are you two love-birds of the same feather that flock together gonna take on this? Let's go!

Whatever you two woodpeckers decide, if you're unwilling to except this wager before the betting dead line of January 31st, then as far as I'm concerned, you ought to shut your beaks until April 22nd, since you'd be simply all squawk & NO walk. :cool:

duneyman jr
21st January 2011, 08:41
So you trying to say that God told you this? If so I would bet against it personally.

Mighty Moose
21st January 2011, 08:49
So you trying to say that God told you this? If so I would bet against it personally.

Yours or mine?

duneyman jr
21st January 2011, 09:01
Im just saying you and Joe mention God alot and predictions, so im assuming you two are hearing voices. Might be a little mentally unstable to invest in that nature.

InsiderSchneider
21st January 2011, 09:02
I'll take this bet. Say goodbye to the forums

Mighty Moose
21st January 2011, 09:08

You don't have to say goodbye just yet.....you have until April 22nd, fool.

duneyman jr
21st January 2011, 09:09
Yours or mine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90VfvIE7oM

i was just thinking of this video..

Mighty Moose
21st January 2011, 09:12

You don't have to say goodbye just yet.....you have until April 22nd, fool.

BTW, which one are you, a shill, naysayer, & just-plain idiot? I originally said 'fool' that way I'd have you covered whichever way.

crashjp
21st January 2011, 09:24
On
I will seriously consider taking this bet, but need to think about it some more. My preliminary thoughts are the following. It's surely possible that silver hits fifty by April 22 (though it's quite unlikely), so if I take the bet, I may be depriving SSF of my much needed wisdom. This is a great forum, so why risk losing a lot of good people here if I win the bet ? Also, you and others can just go to ***. Where will I go ? Wouldn't it be great if the permabulls such as Butler, Morgan, Hommel put up or shut up as well ?

Roger take the dang bet, you told me that silver would only hit 50 in my dreams by christmas just last night, show us all just how super mega you brain is, us piss ants would surely fall down in awe should you win, and I. Will make post proclaiming the wonders and awesomeness of the super great roger on this forum should you win the bet. Awesome stuff MM indeed.

duneyman jr
21st January 2011, 09:30
50ish is crazy....get over it.. Who are these guys? Main? Kat? Why not 15 or 20?

duneyman jr
21st January 2011, 09:36
I would admit im wrong on video if silver was to get 50 oz by the date..if something in return was greater on this bet..maybe like a oz of silver if its under 50 oz..on that date ...closing time..i would even apoligize to each person to take on the bet by name...of course they would be paying me a oz of silver anyway wich is unlikely they would even do so if they lost...but it sounds more fun..

ccjoe
21st January 2011, 09:39
Strange, indeed.......I was originally using a date that coincided with my own birthday in April, but then I changed it a wee bit or so after briefly rethinking about it. I guess we shall see, eh!?!

God told you to in order to honor my son's bday:) These "strange" things have happened to me all my life, either God or "coincidences."

InsiderSchneider
21st January 2011, 09:43
I love silver, I have been a stacker, and continue to buy the dips. I am also a realist. I don't see it hitting $50 by April, as much as I want it to. But if your confident enough to reach down, grab your brass, and call out others, then I will be happy to put you back into reality and make sure you keep reaching down until your ankles are in your hands.

ccjoe
21st January 2011, 09:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90VfvIE7oM

i was just thinking of this video..

Thanks DJ as this video was probably the greatest I've ever seen. I cried my eyes out.

maplesilverbug
21st January 2011, 09:51
$40 in 2020.

That is my one and only "prediction".

What is Truth?
21st January 2011, 09:53
...........two birds with one stone so far. Me likey!

This is an open bet put out by me, so yes & yes, I am under the same rules & would suffer the same consequences, if I were to lose.......which I won't!

What'd ya say? Or are you gonna keep cluckin around ya couple of chickens!?! :p

I already said I will take the bet as long as you post that you are a fool when you lose and never come back. Sorry about the insult folks, but that is the level he can only seem to relate to.
:roll:

duneyman jr
21st January 2011, 10:12
I love silver, I have been a stacker, and continue to buy the dips. I am also a realist. I don't see it hitting $50 by April, as much as I want it to. But if your confident enough to reach down, grab your brass, and call out others, then I will be happy to put you back into reality and make sure you keep reaching down until your ankles are in your hands.

Very well said! Who is this guy?

kvanar
21st January 2011, 10:22
Hey Moose, sorry I must have some other posts about this...but why you do select that date specifically (22 Apr) for it to hit $50?
Again, apologies if I missed the loop on other threads! :P

Mighty Moose
21st January 2011, 10:38

Ahha, then that explains your angle. You make the mistake of calling yourself a realist (due to "normalcy bias") when in fact you are in the 'naysayer' camp whether you realize it or not.

Anyhow, I can't fault you too much for at least being wise enough to stack & buy continuously on the dips. It doesn't get much more simpler & honorable than that.

Enough said. We'll talk again by April 22nd. :)

Mighty Moose
21st January 2011, 11:27
Hey Moose, sorry I must have some other posts about this...but why you do select that date specifically (22 Apr) for it to hit $50?
Again, apologies if I missed the loop on other threads! :P

Have you seen my thread "March Meltdown Madness: The Cost of Reality Sinks in at $50!"? This date is an extension to that same prognosis whereby $50 or more will be assured. I could have given myself more time, but I found April 22nd to be sufficient in the end to guarantee my predicted outcome.

There is a MAJOR dollar devaluation coming by summer time. Plans have been forged & preparations are underway. Things will start to buckle & heave along the way. I believe March is when the first truely significant descent into the abyss will begin. US financial powers will not be able to control silver after a certain point nor will they likely care once the USD officially loses it's Petro dollar status & becomes 50% to 70% devalued. I believe gold will be effectively managed to a degree as it fits into the new world currency scheme, but SILVER is the wild card!

skijake
21st January 2011, 11:32
Moose,,,,You are a honorable man.
Your wager with CronoNick in the end showed even him to be honorable as he has not posted since he threw in the towel, albeit not so graciously.
Roger is no man of honor no matter how much "wisdom" he pretends to offer SSF.
When he loses he will just come back with yet another name,, {Duney, Aberdeen already taken} and torment the board further as he has no honor. Even being banned doesn't stop a liar like him.
If you don't mind I would like to take this opportunutity to throw in my lot with you if you'll accept me into your ranks.
SSF has been hollowed out by the likes of Roger and if this {bet} would actually get rid of him I'm all in and if not save for some {few} great posters left, I'm prepared to move along and not look back should you fall short, which I don't believe you will.
Your source is solid and The Lord works in mysterious ways. Lets get it on.

kvanar
21st January 2011, 11:39
Thanks! I really need to catch up on the threads again. :P

Have you seen my thread "March Meltdown Madness: The Cost of Reality Sinks in at $50!"? This date is an extension to that same prognosis whereby $50 or more will be assured. I could have given myself more time, but I found April 22nd to be sufficient in the end to guarantee my predicted outcome.

There is a MAJOR dollar devaluation coming by summer time. Plans have been forged & preparations are underway. Things will start to buckle & heave along the way. I believe March is when the first truely significant descent into the abyss will begin. US financial powers will not be able to control silver after a certain point nor will they likely care once the USD officially loses it's Petro dollar status & becomes 50% to 70% devalued. I believe gold will be effectively managed to a degree as it fits into the new world currency scheme, but SILVER is the wild card!

danthehomosapien
21st January 2011, 12:42
Common rog...... you can do it! Walk the Walk rog, did you short that big stash, when are you buying back? Tell us we havent hit rock bottom yet!
Don't worry when you lose you can just drop roger and use one of your other personas to cut and paste with!!

orlando_wrx
21st January 2011, 12:53
Take the bet Roger, I'm rooting for you! (to go away), lol

Steadfast
21st January 2011, 13:07
I am on your side Mighty Brother Moose!

In fact, I just bought 100oz just today to proove my money is where your mouth is...

So...$50 it is!

ccjoe
21st January 2011, 13:16
Very smart stead!
That 3 grand is going to be worth 10 grand by xmas.

orlando_wrx
21st January 2011, 14:34
I will accept your bet, and also sell my very large stash if your prediction is correct, MM

Way to go roger! I knew you had guts! I don't know what we'll do without your wisdom if the prediction comes to pass! ;)

skijake
21st January 2011, 14:43
Way to go roger! I knew you had guts! I don't know what we'll do without your wisdom if the prediction comes to pass! ;)

Where did he say he would accept the bet?
You had me excited for a moment but remember when he loses he will always be here to offer "instruction".

Steadfast
21st January 2011, 15:04
Very smart stead!
That 3 grand is going to be worth 10 grand by xmas.
WooooHoooo!
Preach it!
Brother!

ps: roger, that last statement only makes you sound even more arrogant, smarmy and slippery than ever...

ccjoe
21st January 2011, 16:48
WooooHoooo!
Preach it!
Brother!

ps: roger, that last statement only makes you sound even more arrogant, smarmy and slippery than ever...
Pay no heed to those who cannot see Stead!

TomServo
21st January 2011, 16:50

You're on. However, I amend the bet as follows: when I win, you don't have to stop commenting. You amuse Us.
Silver will be closing around $34 on April 21. Yes, I pulled that number out of my hatch.

ccjoe
21st January 2011, 16:53
You're on. However, I amend the bet as follows: when I win, you don't have to stop commenting, but you must buy at least one Mystery Science Theater 3000 DVD or donate one ASE to a church of your choice.
Silver will be closing around $34 on April 21. Yes, I pulled that number out of my hatch.

Right on my son's 16th bday!
It has to be 50!
God told Stead MM and me.
He does NOT talk to nonbelievers so that's why they can't hear the voice of Almighty God.
On judgement day they will hear his voice and God is just so he ain't going to help them.

silverheartbone
21st January 2011, 17:34
Have you ever heard the expression, " Keep quiet and people will just think you are a fool, speak and you will remove all doubt "
http://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gifhttp://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gifhttp://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gifhttp://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

skijake
21st January 2011, 17:53
http://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gifhttp://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gifhttp://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gifhttp://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

I don't think he even gets it.

buffalo3
21st January 2011, 19:52

How did you know about the insider trading investigation going on? PM only. Thanks

What is Truth?
21st January 2011, 20:20
Where did he say he would accept the bet?
You had me excited for a moment but remember when he loses he will always be here to offer "instruction".

I think he altered a reply to make it appear that Roger said that. Funny, but the kind of nonsense that makes it hard to take such people seriously.

But the truth is that anything close to $50 silver will cause a huge sell-off as profit takes rush to cash in. That's why I'm confident that M.M. will be proven to be wrong about his prediction. Now $50 could happen next fall after it peaks in the high 30s or low 40s late this spring. But $50 by the 22nd of April? We wish.

skijake
21st January 2011, 21:26
But the truth is that anything close to $50 silver will cause a huge sell-off as profit takes rush to cash in. That's why I'm confident that M.M. will be proven to be wrong about his prediction. Now $50 could happen next fall after it peaks in the high 30s or low 40s late this spring. But $50 by the 22nd of April? We wish.

The fundamentals dictate a massive move and profit taking was suppossed to slow the train at 25 and it just picked up speed.
It's all good. Best not to over-complicate things.
We've come to a fork in the road and some will go left and some right.
Others will stare at the fork and freeze.
It is what it is.

What is Truth?
21st January 2011, 21:38
The fundamentals dictate a massive move and profit taking was suppossed to slow the train at 25 and it just picked up speed.
It's all good. Best not to over-complicate things.
We've come to a fork in the road and some will go left and some right.
Others will stare at the fork and freeze.
It is what it is.

$50, the old unadjusted for inflation high, is a big creek to leap. You haven't seen resistance yet until we get close to it.

What is Truth?
21st January 2011, 22:28
I share your confidence and your general view of the silver market, although I don't want to deprive this forum of my wisdom in the off chance silver does explode from here.

True, but if I have to leave little would be lost. But if you did who would lead them? lol

What is Truth?
21st January 2011, 22:41
It would get lonely here without your support !

But just think, we could cash in at $50, wait for silver to drop again and start all over again. Not really an explosion, but then it would only be a month away. I feel that I can't lose. But I won't Ban Might Moose when I win. I will just ask him to be more polite in this posts in the future. As you know we need to hear all sides of the silver story around here.

AgShaman
21st January 2011, 22:47
Ha...you Cats are getting your gambling fix....

This thread has great comedy....great entertainment.

on another forum there's a thread that has a "guess when gold crests JS's call of $1650"...everybody picks a date...the winner gets an ounce of silver. Great Fun! I have March 24, 2011.

Curiosity will not kill this Cat!

What is Truth?
21st January 2011, 22:49
Ha...you Cats are getting your gambling fix....

This thread has great comedy....great entertainment.

on another forum there's a thread that has a "guess when gold crests JS's call of $1650"...everybody picks a date...the winner gets an ounce of silver. Great Fun! I have March 24, 2011.

Glad you enjoy it. I think I can speak for both myself and M.M. that is all we really want.

AgShaman
21st January 2011, 23:10
....for the show.

Someone came here asking for predictions. I laid out my predictions for 2011 in one post.

I have silver losing it's connective tissue to the paper price around the end of March (beware the ides of march). I am betting that the silver vigilantes have their "ducks in a row" so to speak...and will break the Comex finally this time. It will end up Force Majeure...and parties will be screaming "bloody murder" when the govt. gets involved to settle the frenzy that ensues. I think it could be like releasing a coiled spring...hell, I'm hoping it's such wicked volatility that they close the markets in order to stop the "longs" who are standing for delivery from envisioning "what might have been"...had they been able to receive their metal.

I'm hoping for a hell of a show when March turns into April....I hope it's epic...like a precursor to anarchy.

Cannonballers: Making the World of Precious Metals a Better Place...and chicks lounging around poolside, a little more wet!

of one mine
21st January 2011, 23:25
Just thought I would see your hand and raise the stakes so to speak.
Today Bank of America reported a loss and set aside at least 26 billion to pay investors to recover thier losses from mortgage losses. What you can take from this is that they are playing a losing game and if more forclosures are headed to B of A this year they will need more money to to pay thier investors.
It is most certain that will happen in 2011 and possibly 2012. To raise the money to pay the investors they will have to take a loss on the foreclosures just to come up with more cash. To my knowledge they have been stubborn to lower the asking prices on homes they are stuck with(those which actually lost 10-20% of thier valuefrom the the prior yearand this year. My opinion is that they may not be able to do so anymore. One pickle they are in, lower the asking prices may cause more walk away defaults. On the other side of the coin bulldoze and prop up the housing market and take the loss on the property and sell the land for bottom dollar. Either way they loose, they could cause a market crash or attribute to it (municipal bonds anyone?)should they not recover thier fiats. One final question I have is will B of A go bankrupt?
Nothing like a monkey wrench to throw in to mix it up a little. Lets see what happens in march shagman. Im long on silver all the the time, lock N loan Gentlemen!

of one mine

buffalo3
21st January 2011, 23:31
....for the show.

Someone came here asking for predictions. I laid out my predictions for 2011 in one post.

I have silver losing it's connective tissue to the paper price around the end of March (beware the ides of march). I am betting that the silver vigilantes have their "ducks in a row" so to speak...and will break the Comex finally this time. It will end up Force Majeure...and parties will be screaming "bloody murder" when the govt. gets involved to settle the frenzy that ensues. I think it could be like releasing a coiled spring...hell, I'm hoping it's such wicked volatility that they close the markets in order to stop the "longs" who are standing for delivery from envisioning "what might have been"...had they been able to receive their metal.

I'm hoping for a hell of a show when March turns into April....I hope it's epic...like a precursor to anarchy.

Cannonballers: Making the World of Precious Metals a Better Place...and chicks lounging around poolside, a little more wet!

I hope yor right. That is what it is going to take.

AgShaman
21st January 2011, 23:49
Just thought I would see your hand and raise the stakes so to speak.
Today Bank of America reported a loss and set aside at least 26 billion to pay investors to recover thier losses from mortgage losses. What you can take from this is that they are playing a losing game and if more forclosures are headed to B of A this year they will need more money to to pay thier investors.
It is most certain that will happen in 2011 and possibly 2012. To raise the money to pay the investors they will have to take a loss on the foreclosures just to come up with more cash. To my knowledge they have been stubborn to lower the asking prices on homes they are stuck with(those which actually lost 10-20% of thier valuefrom the the prior yearand this year. My opinion is that they may not be able to do so anymore. One pickle they are in, lower the asking prices may cause more walk away defaults. On the other side of the coin bulldoze and prop up the housing market and take the loss on the property and sell the land for bottom dollar. Either way they loose, they could cause a market crash or attribute to it (municipal bonds anyone?)should they not recover thier fiats. One final question I have is will B of A go bankrupt?
Nothing like a monkey wrench to throw in to mix it up a little. Lets see what happens in march shagman. Im long on silver all the the time, lock N loan Gentlemen!

of one mine

I always forget about that toxic dump that is the real estate market....thanks for dropping us some info Of One Mine. It's gonna be like "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" from here on out. Everywhere you look....some branch of the economy is in a "tight spot"

I closed my account with B of A when Mad Max and the youtubers started talking about pulling out of banks. I'm glad I did. I think your on to it....it's a sinking titanic, and taking on water faster than others...more will join them I'm sure....perhaps it will induce a domino effect. Banks runs has been a subject matter before and I don't think it's off the table. Currency crisis induced revaluation....it would not be such a surprise for some of us.
Ha!....lock N loan.....(nice)
Thanks again for checking in and sharing with us.

PlataTruth
22nd January 2011, 01:47
I gave up trying to predict the price of silver 10 years ago, and what I have come to realize is, it doesnt matter right now. I am not a trader like some, buy and hold. When the reset comes, THEN it's important how much silver is!! This dollar benchmark is worthless and meaningless, silvers true worth will soon be revealed. The prices of natural resources are completly controlled and manipulated by those that control, soon it will stop. MM's prediction of March 2011 is dead on, that's when the USD begins its inevitable fall, I dont know if it will happen quickly or they will allow people to wrap their brains around it. Sovereign debt of some will be forgiven (yes the US will walk) and currencies will be valued based on the countries resources, especially mineral, oil, and possibly water. Fiat is done, financial truth based on what each country has to offer the consumption of humans will be in place. Metals/oil will take front stage in valuation. $50.00 or $100.00 it is meaningless in the big/long term picture, times they are a changing.
PS Please just dont let it be copper.

buffalo3
22nd January 2011, 02:23
Has anybody looked at the dollar decline lately. By the " these" QUOTES according to the chart masters you shoud be paying a crap load of $s insane prices.

Cup-of-Ruin
22nd January 2011, 03:31
Crikey, Oh campers, there is a BIG move in Silver comin' down the pipe in the next few weeks!

Mighty Moose is toying with ya, he wants scoop up your cash so he can buy more Silver, and why the hell not, I say Good Luck to him, every ounce counts.

silverheartbone
22nd January 2011, 08:34
But just think, we could cash in at $50, wait for silver to drop again and start all over again. Not really an explosion, but then it would only be a month away. I feel that I can't lose. But I won't Ban Might Moose when I win. I will just ask him to be more polite in this posts in the future. As you know we need to hear all sides of the silver story around here.
WTF WIT, cash in to CASH?
Then you can lose.

AgShaman, the idea of a bank run is an archaic concept from when the banks actually held something of value.
A "bank run" will happen naturally, as we pay for the inevitable inflation.

What is Truth?
22nd January 2011, 08:53
WTF WIT, cash in to CASH?
Then you can lose.

AgShaman, the idea of a bank run is an archaic concept from when the banks actually held something of value.
A "bank run" will happen naturally, as we pay for the inevitable inflation.

There will never be another bank run with fiat money. Currency run maybe, but not an old fashion bank run.

Mighty Moose
23rd January 2011, 01:59
I share your confidence and your general view of the silver market, although I don't want to deprive this forum of my wisdom in the off chance silver does explode from here.

You should hold your tongue about silver until Aprill 22nd, unless you're willing to put your money where your mouth is. What have you go to lose? Your reputation is already in shambles & your shame knows no bounds.

Take what's left of your pathetic reputation & offer it up in hopes of redemption, or are you still comfortable being a shill & looking like a fool when you are steadily wrong.

Come on, take the bet! Do you lack courage or are you just barely sensible enough to know better than to take this FOOL'S BET!?!

kvanar
23rd January 2011, 09:32
Would a broken clock do anything OTHER than tell the wrong time (except twice a day!) and pop a head outside and say "Cuckoo!"? ...which if you ask me is an appropriate expression for shills. :)

You should hold your tongue about silver until Aprill 22nd, unless you're willing to put your money where your mouth is. What have you go to lose? Your reputation is already in shambles & your shame knows no bounds.

Take what's left of your pathetic reputation & offer it up in hopes of redemption, or are you still comfortable being a shill & looking like a fool when you are steadily wrong.

Come on, take the bet! Do you lack courage or are you just barely sensible enough to know better than to take this FOOL'S BET!?!

gollumthegreat
23rd January 2011, 11:41
Just take the bet and shut up Roger. I can smell something really bad from here. You just cant help youself, can you? Have you just **** your pants [again]? By the way, I'm still hanging on to my $14 Silver. MM has made his prediction and has explained his reasoning which is alot more interesting than any of your verbal diaharria. If you did have the balls to take the bet, and lost, you would be missed like you say. Missed like toothache, or a dose of haemeroids.

silverheartbone
23rd January 2011, 11:47
If you can't handle differing points of view, complex thought, and vigorous debate, then you can join silverheartbone at ***. I am needed here at SSF and am not going anywhere

You on the other hand, are a *** reject.
How low. http://forums.silverseek.com/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif
A real badge of dishonor.

Now homo punk, quit your lying.

Gene Daniels
23rd January 2011, 19:16
If you can't handle differing points of view, complex thought, and vigorous debate, then you can join silverheartbone at ***. I am needed here at SSF and am not going anywhere

Roger, you have repeatedly stated the opposite of what Moose is calling for in this thread. How many time have I read you suggest sub-20 silver again, and soon. So, if you have one silver once of decency you will take Moose's bet. If you don't you show the whole SSF crowd that you haven't got the balls. Put-up or shut-up!

What is Truth?
23rd January 2011, 19:18
Roger, you have repeatedly stated the opposite of what Moose is calling for in this thread. How many time have I read you suggest sub-20 silver again, and soon. So, if you have one silver once of decency you will take Moose's bet. If you don't you show the whole SSF crowd that you haven't got the balls. Put-up or shut-up!

Will you join Moose and take the bet against me? He has balls, do you?

What is Truth?
23rd January 2011, 19:30
Those who are unwilling to take the bet one way or the other really shouldn't criticize anyone else for not doing so.

hiyosilver
24th January 2011, 02:39
weasel....

Mighty Moose
24th January 2011, 02:54
Ted, David, and Jason have spouted their permabull predictions for years and made good livings off them. Are they ashamed of themselves (and offered to leave the industry) ? Have their promises of explosions come to pass ? You shouldn't be attacking me. Instead, focus your frustration and anger on the real targets - the permabull silverbugs.

Are you trying to divert attention away from yourself, again? Have YOUR promises of 'implosions' come to pass?

Have you looked in the mirror lately? There's a bullseye painted on your sloping forehead.

TomServo
24th January 2011, 07:38
I would like to say Thank You to Roger. I got the silver fever this last October, and I probably would have bought at $30+ if not for his constant doom-n-gloom about prices falling. I waited and saved a nice chunk of FRNs.
Also a Thank You to valerb, who pointed out that the silver price in 1901 in today's dollars is about $27.80. I waited for that price.
Of course, I passed out all of my silver as gifts, and donated all that was left to the homeless, so I'm completely out.
Completely.

Mighty Moose
24th January 2011, 09:47
Don't you believe in the free expression of ideas ? Isn't that the American way ? Back in Biblical days, would you be the one trying to silence the prophets ? Even if I am wrong or a complete wacko ( highky doubtful ), I have the right to speak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, I notice you are diverting attention away from yourself or any question posed to you.

Here....let me repeat the question for you, AGAIN. Have YOUR promises of 'implosions' come to pass? Its a real simple question, even for you. Show us anything you've ended up being right about or to which you have alluded.

Now, go ahead & 'impress' us as you freely express all three of your ideas, but...FIRST...answer the question. Careful....don't break your brain in the process.

silverheartbone
24th January 2011, 10:39
Will sterling silverware make a bigger comeback?

If there were a nuanced permabull explosion would there be more hamburger or hotdogs?

No guts, no gory!

Mighty Moose
24th January 2011, 11:00
Don't you believe in the free expression of ideas ? Isn't that the American way ? Back in Biblical days, would you be the one trying to silence the prophets ? Even if I am wrong or a complete wacko ( highky doubtful ), I have the right to speak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop doubting yourself so much you silly nut.....we all fully back you 100%.....of course you're a wacko. This could be the one & only thing you're truly right about.....so embrace it! :D

duneyman jr
24th January 2011, 12:23
Roger speaks the truth. Why would anyone wanna be punished in this bet and have to join ***...and the main permabulls...its obvious its not goin 50 on that date anyway.

skijake
24th January 2011, 14:06
I would like to say Thank You to Roger. I got the silver fever this last October, and I probably would have bought at $30+ if not for his constant doom-n-gloom about prices falling. I waited and saved a nice chunk of FRNs.
Also a Thank You to valerb, who pointed out that the silver price in 1901 in today's dollars is about $27.80. I waited for that price.
Of course, I passed out all of my silver as gifts, and donated all that was left to the homeless, so I'm completely out.
Completely.

Awesome!
The ONLY way that scenario plays out is that you purchased and received your silver last Thursday/Friday and handed it between then and your post time.
If that's how it played out,,,good for you.
If that's not how it played out please explain your time-line.
We have plenty of shills and trolls here and we try to differentiate between the honest posters and the BSer's.

What is Truth?
24th January 2011, 21:04
I would like to say that though I still don't believe we will see $50 silver by April 22, 2011, I'm holding on to my silver and am getting tempted to buy some more.

duneyman jr
2nd March 2011, 06:28
its getting closer...so is it goin be the huge prediction or not? Is everyone goin flood the market at 50 where it will be hard to sell?

What is Truth?
2nd March 2011, 07:21
its getting closer...so is it goin be the huge prediction or not? Is everyone goin flood the market at 50 where it will be hard to sell?

More like they will rush to sell in the high 40s if we get there before then.

jadoti
2nd March 2011, 15:31
I'm not betting, I think 50 by April is too much too quick, and as I'm still accumulating, I hope you're wrong.

Robert FGoens
8th July 2012, 16:38

I'm not sure why this isnt on page one of the silver market thread, so I'm bumping it, keep it up there with "silver break hard past 50 June- Aug ect

Moose, you are the best

wdwexe
9th July 2012, 18:37
I'm not sure why this isnt on page one of the silver market thread, so I'm bumping it, keep it up there with "silver break hard past 50 June- Aug ect

Moose, you are the best

For all you Canadians " there is a Moose in the Hoose ".

Mighty Moose
9th July 2012, 19:16
For all you Canadians " there is a Moose in the Hoose ".

What are you talkin aboot, eh?

Say that again, I can't hear you from up there on your ruff, lol.

Robert FGoens
16th July 2012, 13:34
I'm not betting, I think 50 by April is too much too quick, and as I'm still accumulating, I hope you're wrong.

Dont worry, you still have time