PDA

View Full Version : Australian Bid to Boost Bank Liquidity Has Worked,

LETMYSILVERGO
30th October 2008, 23:09
Australian GET FEED BY THE FED.....I GUESS THAT MEANS US, WE ARE GOING DOWN..DOWN-UNDER.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aJoCHi7G5lf0&refer=home

ozbuyoz
31st October 2008, 06:55
The Federal Reserve's swap facility, introduced last month to increase U.S. dollar liquidity in Australia and elsewhere around the world, appears ``to have had some success,'' he added. Conditions in the U.S. dollar swap markets have been ``improving over the last few weeks.''

Did you notice the Kiwis did a 15 Billion "Swap" yesterday?

Actually I don't even understand all this swap stuff. I presume it has something to do with international trade. .... Like keeping the container ships in operation.
Lines of credit ... deliver guarantees, so forth etc etc.

"Going Down.. Down Under." Yes I expect it so. However I sense our decline somewhat less than in North America and Europe. Perhaps our Asian roots may take hold even though we are a nation of white arse.

The Asians with whom we trade are more friendly with us than main scheme media would suggest. At the grass roots level our future is far more assured than that of our North American cousins and for that matter the European.

We MAY go down but IMO our counter parts around the globe will see us as UP!

We may be an Island but we are NOT an Iceland.

Of course, ANYTHING is posable when you allow international bankters into your fold. [as we have]

We shall soon see. Eh.

Regards.

OxO.

LETMYSILVERGO
31st October 2008, 07:17
the SWAP TERM HAS ME CONFUSED, SWAP WHAT? ME MUM FROM OZ, a\I lived in perth for a year in 2007, cigs where $19.00 a pack, but you did get 25 of them. cheers rosss

ozbuyoz
31st October 2008, 07:31
Hang on a minute ..... "$19.00 a pack" shesse where were you buying at that price. Not Perth surely.

You were in some outback community?

19$ sheit!!!

Gino
31st October 2008, 07:58
“Since the onset of the global credit squeeze in August 2007, the Reserve Bank of Australia has broadened the range of collateral it accepts from financial institutions, introduced new term deposits and injected U.S. dollars from the Federal Reserve into the local market.”

I guess, in a similar way that the Australian Prime Minister apologised to the Australian Aboriginals for the Government stealing their children, he should also apologies to the USA for stealing the lifeblood of its younger generations.

But then, the Australian government does not control the RBA who is taking those US dollars and “injecting” them into the local economy here. Neither do the Australian people control their government apparently; we are all victims of these manipulations, as Kelly so helpfully pointed out the other day. I was only explaining to a work colleague today that it is our country’s Treasurer who seeks direction from the RBA, not the other way around and that the RBA exist outside of any legal framework when it comes to setting monetary policy. Such as these direct efforts to inflate bank balance sheets.

“used by banks to draw down liquidity from the Reserve Bank, surge to a daily peak of A$11 billion ($7.3 billion) in mid October from the A$750 million which ``had prevailed for a number of years,'' the assistant governor said.”

That’s 1466% growth in credit per day!!!! Now that’s why you guys in the USA pay taxes, so Aussies can get easy credit per day and sure up the balance sheets of the banks over here! You guy's sure are nice.

But I digress; I was talking about government apologies for outrageous, immoral actions . . .

Such as further entrenching government dependency and a welfare-mentality into the minds of the population by handing out Christmas bonus checks to anyone receiving a government handout.

Kevin Rudd delivers $1000 Christmas bonus for pensioners, families (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24494756-601,00.html)

But just when you think you can’t stomach anymore, this cherub of a Chinese speaking Prime Minister sets about enticing children into financial servitude with a $21,000 first home buyers grant, to “make housing more affordable and stimulate the housing industry.” Nothing like a flood of new blood, errr I mean mortgages to enhance those bank balance sheets.

We must have a strong banking industry, don’t you know, apparently it’s a matter of national security these days, or so Prime Minister Rudd told us last week.

Wait a minute, did I just spot a link there? Lets see:
- RBA steals money from US taxpayers to strengthen bank balance sheets;
- Aussie government steals money from local taxpayers to inflate house prices and sell kids into mortgage debt to strengthen bank balance sheets;

Suddenly, losing the ability to speak coherently, I feel blood pounding in my right temple and pain spreading down my left shoulder as my breathing becomes short and laboured. Spittle splatters the computer screen as convulsions spasm through my body. The light of the world begins to fade and my senses contract to the serenity of an internal bliss as I give up thoughts of clinging to this tenuous existence. I hear the beautiful music of the angels beckoning and a shaft of white light lays before me. I pause to reflect upon those still on the earth plane and see my children bound and in chains, marching to the blind, numbing and incessant beat of a bankers drum . . . boom, boom, work . . . boom, boom, pay . . . boom, boom, work . . . boom, boom, pay . . . then abruptly I am back in my wracked and writhing body, screaming in spiritual anguish . . . “Stop it you greedy little bastards!”

Kelly
31st October 2008, 09:47
I guess, in a similar way that the Australian Prime Minister apologised to the Australian Aboriginals for the Government stealing their children, he should also apologies to the USA for stealing the lifeblood of its younger generations.

Thank you, Gino. From the bottom of my heart, thank you! You are the first person from another nation on this forum to stand up and apoligize to the American taxpayer.

I thank you for that. But I am not sure my grandchildren will appreciate your kind gesture twenty years from now when they are doubled over from the weight of all the taxes they will pay in order to bail out wall street and other nations.

My youngest grandchild is only seven. He loves riding his little scooter around and thinks he is king of the world. He doesn't have a clue yet, bless his heart...

LETMYSILVERGO
31st October 2008, 11:25
last YEAR IN PERTH AUSTRALIA AND SYDNEY AND SMALL 3 BEDROOM HOUSE, ONE BATH ONE CAR GARAGE AROUND 500,000.....RENT WAS BUY THE WEEK, A MATE OF MINE PAID $21,500 A YEAR RENT FOR A DUMP.

NO ONE HAS A BACK YARD ANYMORE, THEY BUILT A HOUSE IN EVERYONE'S BACK YARD.

BANANAS $15.50 A KILO, EGGS $7.50 DOZEN....A SMALL 2 BEDROOM RENTED FOR $300.00 A WEEK...BEER $60.00 A CASE.

A NEW 4 BEDROOM HOUSE, NOTHER WONDERFUL WAS AROUND 1,000,000.00

i STAYED FREE WITH RELATIVES......I USED TO WALK EVERYWHERE AND HARDLY SAW A SOUL, I THINK EVERYONE HAD 2 JOBS JUST TO PAY THE RENT..

ON THE TV(TELE) THEY HAD A COUPLE WITH 2 KIDS AND THEY MADE OVER 100,000 A YEAR AND COULD NOT BUY A HOME, ANY HOME,

ON RENT, FOLKS PAID 6 MONTH IN ADVANCE JUST TO GET A PLACE....THEY KICKED WALMART OUT OF OZ, GOOD MOVE, EVERYTHING WAS SKY HIGH.

WHEN i GOT BACK TO OHIO , I KISSED EVERYONE THAT WORKED IN BIG LOTS. SMOOCH SMOOCH.i BET GAS ( PETROL GOT TO $10.00 A GALLON.

WHEN I WAS THERE, THE US DOLLAR WAS DOWN AND THE AUSSIE WAS UP, SO THESE PRICES ARE CLOSE TO WHAT WE WOULD HAVE TO PAY..AND CIGARETTES WHERE $19.00 A PACK,,,NOT MUCH SMOKING GOIN ON....i BOUGHT AN ICE COFFEE FOR $12.00....THAT WAS THE SMALL ONE, SHOULDHAVE ASK THE PRICE 1ST..... i DID DRIVE ACROSS THE CONTINENT, TOOK 8 BLOODY DAYS, 4,000 MILES, ONLY SAW 45 CARS...KINDA LONLEY AND VERY SCAREY IF U HAD CAR TROULBE, AND 50 MILLION KANGAROOS TRYING TO COMMIT SUICIDE BY JUMPING IN FRONT OF YOUR CAR..LATER

Kelly
31st October 2008, 11:40
Sweet Jesus. People, if it is this bad for human beings ALL OVER THE WORLD, then what in the hell are we doing? I don't care what country people live in, we ALL have a right to expect that our labor provides for our basic needs, and obviously it doesn't anywhere any more!

THIS is the game plan behind a worldwide fractional reserve banking system! Nobody on earth is coming out ahead of the game, EXCEPT FOR THE CENTRAL BANKERS.

I don't know how we stop them, but stop them we must, and it doesn't matter whether one lives in Japan, China, Australia, the EU or the USA. Everybody is getting enslaved by precisely the same thing.

It will do absolutely no good for the folks in the EU and Australia to point their fingers at the Federal Reserve Bank, while they go on backing the Euro, because the ECB is as guilty as the Federal Reserve. It will do no good for China to point its finger at the USA, while China is in the very same process of trapping their own people in the very same sort of debt cycle.

There has to be an answer, and believe me, whatever the new Bretton Woods comes up with in their attempt to establish a "Global Monetary Authority" WE ARE ALL DREAMING IF WE THINK THAT THE SAME CROOKS THAT CREATED THIS MESS ARE GOING TO COME UP WITH AN ANSWER ANY LESS DIABOLICAL!

We need to kick them all out and start from scratch. And this time, REAL EVERYDAY PEOPLE FROM AROUND THE WORLD need to begin the dialogue and talk to one another so that we can figure out what the solution is.

WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME DAMN BOAT, and believe me, THE BOAT IS NOTHING BUT A SLAVER'S SHIP IN DISGUISE.

Gino
31st October 2008, 20:48
WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME DAMN BOAT, and believe me, THE BOAT IS NOTHING BUT A SLAVER'S SHIP IN DISGUISE.

Not only do I believe you, but it is proven by the fact that the US FED is injecting money into Aussie banks so kids here can get easy credit to buy houses with government incentives. The implied chain of command is observed by the Aussie government taking direction from the RBA that in turn takes direction from the US Fed.

As I said before, there is a fraternity between the global citizenry now that transcends national boundaries. And it is my contention that concepts of nationalism are really just constructs of emotional control that the forces for control (as opposed to the forces for freedom) tweak to herd the population into desired directions. Sorry, I'm repeating myself.

NO ONE HAS A BACK YARD ANYMORE, THEY BUILT A HOUSE IN EVERYONE'S BACK YARD.

BANANAS $15.50 A KILO, EGGS $7.50 DOZEN....A SMALL 2 BEDROOM RENTED FOR $300.00 A WEEK...BEER $60.00 A CASE.

Fortunately Bananas are back to under $3/kg and its only imported beer that's $60/case. Not sure about cigarettes these days, but anything to do with housing is expensive because of its controlled scarcity, although prices have been stagnant for the last 18 to 24 months. I am thinking, though, that all this easy Fed credit starting to flood the system will change this situation and create a short term boom in property over the next 12 -18 months if they can keep unemployment low. That's the big one. Australia has practically full employment at the moment thanks to mining and its trickle down effects.

But hey, COSTCO are opening up in Melbourne next year!